Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Detect distracted users in Teams meetings

That the user who shares his desk can see who of the users of a meeting is watching the session and who are distracted watching other applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams app policy for Forms doesn't link to Forms

Have created a Teams app policy that pins Planner, OneNote, and Forms to the app bar. Forms only links to a page 'Have private conversations', with a link to a how to video. In the browser, it shows a conversation page with the Forms Bot. Personally, I think it should link to a page that displays your forms, like forms.office.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams should reflect the setup of the Office 365 navigation bar

I have made customizations to the navigation bar according to instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/setup/customize-your-organization-theme?view=o365-worldwide However, when in Teams (the online version running in the browser) the changes to the color and the clickable logo that I have uploaded. It works fine when in Sharepoint, Word, Outlook etc.
    Microsoft is pushing Teams as the newest and greatest thing for collaborating across Office 365 - the branding should be consistent here of all places...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mobile App Meeting view is not very useful (4 rectangles with no feature)

Mobile App Meeting view is not very useful (4 rectangles with no feature)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Functionality Poor

Although the link to OneDrive is great, I don't understand why the search functionality in Teams doesn't find files within OneDrive, even though it shows them under the files tab.

I think if this could be added we would use Microsoft Teams for almost all of our task.

Can it be done?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. subcontractor

Being able to add external resources to Shifts (subcontractor...).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Event meeting type with a teams site

When booking a meeting you can also make it an event, that has a link to a teams site directly created, where you can save i.e. presentations, information about the upcoming event (agenda etc). Also participants could ask questions directly on the Event teams site.

This is for bigger events in firms that require preparation and material sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto response for private Teams

Allow the ability to have a customisable auto response to users who request to join a Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow setting any icon when creating a new team in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でチームを新規作成時にアイコンを任意のアイコンにしたい

Allow setting any icon when creating a new team in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にてチームを新規作成する際のアイコンを任意のアイコンにて作成出来るようにする要望

When creating a new team in Microsoft Teams, allow us to set any icon for the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Prefer to use cloud communication in Microsoft Teams

I would like Microsoft Teams to communicate via cloud in explicitly by default. Because it attempts to connect through P2P first and if it’s failed, then it switches to cloud communication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please stop making the emoji bar pop open whenever I mouse over a conversation dialogue.

Please stop making the emoji bar pop open whenever I mouse over a conversation dialogue. It is necessary for me to mouse over parts of the conversation from time to time, but I do not want the emoji bar to automatically pop open all around as I do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. missing chats

We are missing chats in Teams. We get notifications, but when we check the chat, the messages do not show up. They have not been deleted since a full computer restart will resolve the issue. However just restarting Teams does not fix this. I have seen multiple threads on this issue on other sites without any response or resolution. Please help as this is affecting the work of my team, as well as the confidence in this product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GPS in teams

It help to have video call and tracking of routes as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Call the participants for meeting

Teams shall call all the participants 1 minute before the time on the logged-in device(s).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More Notification Settings

We use teams outside of another server on our desk top and the notifications are spotty, tend to only work if we are getting a response to a message we sent instead for all incoming messages. Would be nice to have additional settings to opt for pop ups for all new messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excessive conference Notifications

I use teams daily and i have a meeting that averages 50 or more people from multiple companies. Whenever people are coming into the room or dropping out there is that overbearing "clanging" noise that is Teams official notification. It would be awesome to be able to control that (Opt-out of it) or control the volume. I work with one of this country's largest hospital chains, they have all had to switch to teams and it is the number one complaint so far. Its definitely louder than the people talking. Can you help out? i want to be an advocate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shifts-gestion congé améliorations

dans shifts permettre au personnes de visualiser les congés même si ces derniers ne sont pas validés. Ainsi les collaborateurs pourraient s'adapter au congés des autres. Et ainsi mieux gérer les back up.
    Permettre de créer d'autre type d’événements qui ne demandent pas validation et apparaissent dans le calendrier

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base