Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More than one Bucket Name per task.

When assigning a task to a Bucket Name, it would be nice to be able to put he task into two different buckets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an Insert Smart Art option to the message compose bar at the bottom

Just like the Emoji and GIF options, we should have the option to insert Word/PowerPoint-style Smart Art such as quick org charts, venn diagrams, process flows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting invitation that is not online

When booking a meeting for a channel can the online default be removed? In some cases we have local events without any online material.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pls. add search for Teams in https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/discover

I have 50 Teams and would like to be able to find an existing Team in https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/discover and copy into a new Team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. All Teams visible when attaching Files from Outlook

When I want to attach a file in Outlook from one of my Microsoft Teams, there's no way of browsing the list of Teams or SharePoint Sites you have access to. Please see attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please display thumbnails instead of links when sharing images by pressing the attachments button below the text bar and choosing OneDrive

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャット入力バー下部の[添付] ボタンより[OneDrive] を選択し、画像をリンクではなく中身を表示し共有できるようにしてほしい。
    Please display thumbnails instead of links when sharing images by pressing the attachments button below the text bar and choosing OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    チャット入力バー下部の [ 添付 ] ボタンより [OneDrive] を選択し、画像をリンクが共有される。リンクではなく、 どのような 画像なのかファイルの中身を表示できるようにしてほしい。

Image links can be shared by pressing the attachments button below the text bar and choosing OneDrive. However, we hope that the image thumbnails can be displayed instead of links, so that users can know what the images are.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Creating URL link using different web browser without changing the default web browser set up

Please amend the tab set up for website to have a choice of web browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'm on so many teams. There needs to be an easy way to search for a specific team by keyword.

I'm on so many teams. There needs to be an easy way to search for a specific team by keyword.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Welcome Page when logging into a public or meeting room PC.

When a user logs in to a public or meeting room PC, the UI that teams displays should hide things that are meant to be kept private. This would include: Private Chats, the Activity Feed, events marked as private in the Calendar or the whole Calendar if it's marked private, pinned channels within teams.
    It would also be nice if Teams went directly to the channel connected to the meeting, if such a connection exists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Schuifbalken

De schuifbalken in de planner op de mobiele app zijn te klein om te gebruiken met de dikke vingers. Of er moet een punch zoom functie worden ingebracht.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Android Teams app Calls

I have the notifications turned off and turned off it's ability to run in the background. I also have it set to disable phone notifications when logged into to my desktop app. However, every single time I get a call on Teams. The app covers the entirety of phone's screen asking if I want to accept or decline the call. It is tremendously horrible considering I work on my phone and computer simultaneously sometimes. Fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. would like to be able to filter activity by team/channel

sometimes I want to just read thru one channel's worth of missed activities at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to change the ownership of a Teamsite I created

I want to change the ownership of a Teamsite I created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to log off all users in excel online

At times users say they are not in the Excel file online on a SharePoint site but I am unable to move the file due to it saying that users are logged in.
    Is there a way that a SharePoint owner of a site can log off all users on the Excel file so that no one is then in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Control and change the sign-in status notification function by an administrator

The "Function to notify by banner when the sign-in status of the specified user has changed" needs to be changed.
    If the administrator can set the function to control the tenant or individually, or the function to fix it on or off as a whole, it will be easier to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move folders to change the file structure on Teams app

A sub-folder can be allowed to move across the folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sending images and files in Teams chat should be as easy as email, Twitter, and Facebook

For email, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, there are very obvious file and image attachment icons available in the message composition dialogues. The process to include images and files in Teams chats should have been just as easy and obvious. Images can be included through copy-past, but there is still no clear and easy workflow to send files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base