Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off the distracting "{so and so} is exiting the meeting" anouncement

Our company just finished it's finished it's first company-wide meeting of the year (newly merged companies together), using MS-Teams (also for the first time). The speakers were continually interrupted with "joining" and "exiting" announcements by the automated attendant.

There has to be a way to mute this. But nothing seems to be available.

For once I was hoping for a mandatory Windows Update to just come and put us all out of misery.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When using multiple tabs in the web app it times out after a few seconds of inactivity

As above. Can the timeout not be amended by the user e.g. move to 10 minutes. It is very frustrating and if it wasn't mandated to use teams I would use an alternative

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to send out the same message individually to multiple people without having to constantly copy and paste.

Ability to send out the same message individually to multiple people without having to constantly copy and paste.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a "homepage" that teams opens up to that doesn't show any of your chats

Just something to pull up in teams so people cannot see what you are talking about with other people. Whether it just shows your "favorites" or recents is fine. I don't know if you'd want to pull in calendar events to say what's happening today, and have a blurb on the weather but mainly I'd just want a screen that doesn't show what I am saying to other people. Currently I just leave my recent files up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scan from a printer to sharepoint sync

I try to scan of canon printer irc 3520 and send a sharepoint sync but it didn't work. I try with email, i try with url, and i try with network device impossible ... I hope we can one days because you are our stockage now and you need to put the scan in Sharepoint immediatly :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit Display Settings of Planner

When I am on my laptop I would like to adjust the display settings in planner so I can see more buckets at the same time.
    If I could adjust the width of the bucket display or nominate how many buckets I could view at the same time then that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set order folders in Teams

I work within Teams within a channel with various folders. I would like to receive these folders in alphabetical order. That works by clicking on name, but I have to do it again each time. Would be nice if I could fix that or mark folders with favorites so that they remain at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i`d like to suggest that groupchat admins be given Soverign power.

i`d like to suggest that groupchat admins be given Soverign power.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. make its purpose clear

teams purpose is confusing. it wants to be a conferencing tool and a chat tool and an email tool. it does none of those well. the user interface is not intuitive- for instance the collab tool puts the participants list in big block s on bar accross the top of screen taking up valuable real estate when what people want to see is the presentation.
    also, dont make me work to figure out who is talking by some subtle highlighting of existng long list. hide the list and have one small box that shows who is currently talking. if two…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MS teams documents opened in browser, shown as separate native app icons in taskbar

Working in teams on multiple documents at the same time, they all show up as a browser tab or separate browser application. It isn't easy to differentiate between these. e.a. when having opened an excel and powerpoint sheet, it is unclear which icon represent which opened webapp. A major improvement would be made if the native task switcher would have knowledge of which webapp is running in which taskbar task. Maybe provide a webapp player that supports this instead of using a standard browser?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Standardize the behavior of search in the Teams app throughout the all tenants

If you search external users whose sharing mode is Islands or Teams only in Teams app, the “Search @.***externally” message appears in the search box. But if you search same kind of users in the different tenant, the message doesn’t appear.
    So, we would like you to take away the discrepancy and standardize the behavior of search in the Teams app throughout the all tenants.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to create personalized folders to keep relevant Teams posts like emails in Outlook

Ability to create personalized folders to keep relevant Teams posts like emails in Outlook. Flat list of favorites doesn’t help organize important stuffs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. About the function to confirm by a method such as log when a virus is detected and properties are changed

Implement a function to check if a virus is detected in a file on Teams and the property is changed, using a method such as a log.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. a file manager - it impossible to find anything

sort out the file tab so it comes up with a file manager type so you can find things in a directory structure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Download Kanban Cards within MS Team (desktop application)

Within MS Planner, it is only the possible to download Kanban Cards in the online view of the Planner – Ideally, this functionality should be available in the Teams desktop app itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync in explorer he has a special character on the name of TEAMS

Sometimes some poeple get the file to sync in explorer i have some problems to put in a other software. He put the file in the program and the program get a error and close the windows because i don't accept the special character.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Søgning på afdelingsnummer under organisationer

Efter den gamle "telefonbog" er fjernet har det besværliggjort søgning af diverse afdelinger. Derfor vil det være en stor hjælp hvis man søge afdelinger frem under organisationer i TEAMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base