Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User should be abale to delete the chat and re add again

User should be able to delete the chat and re add again.If email id for the same person is changed and we try to chat ,messages are not getting delivered to any of the email id of the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In MS Forms, it would be good if it was possible to personalise questions by carrying forward the name entered at the start.

In MS Forms, it would be good if it was possible to personalise questions by carrying forward the name entered at the start.

For example my first field on the Form could be 'please enter your name'

Subsequent questions could then contain the name, e.g. 'so <<Stephen>>, how did you hear about this training course?'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Now we can able to see the updation of the files but we cant see the last creation date and time

Now we can able to see the last updating of the files but we cant see the last creation date and time, by whom it was created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. link

When I attempt to copy an invite link, MS Teams insists on copying the rich text link. So it works to paste into Word, but does not work anywhere there is plaintext (e.g., slack, plaintext email). To get the URL i have to paste the link into Word, then "edit hyperlink" then copy it from there. It is ridiculous!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. link

When I attempt to copy an invite link, MS Teams insists on copying the rich text link. So it works to paste into Word, but does not work anywhere there is plaintext (e.g., slack, plaintext email). To get the URL i have to paste the link into Word, then "edit hyperlink" then copy it from there. It is ridiculous!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide ability to copy the link to a teams channel or folder in that channel vis mobile app

I am using Android OnePlus5T running Android Pie (9.0) and am signed into my O365 business account. I am unable to copy the link of a channel (or a folder in that channel) or even a teams site using my Android phone.

This functionality is available on the Desktop app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Notifications to be seen like Jabber was

When a message has been sent to you, a notification message will show on your screen like what was with Jabber. This way, they are not being missed which is easily done when you are unaware of a message being received

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move function requires 2 attempts

On Windows 10 desktop app, moving files requires 2 attempts for the current folder to be displayed. This always happens the first time (perhaps in a new session after restarting the app or rebooting, or perhaps when clicking into a different team, not sure what the trigger is): Whenever I select a file to move it to a different folder or location, the list of options for where to move the file does not display the current folder where the selected file is located. So, I have to click Cancel and then try it again. The second time it always…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. QOL AND WORK/LIFE BALANCE HARDLY ENABLED BY TEAMS - WTF..

Hey Microsoft while you're in your ongoing project to reinvent the wheel and create an app that NO ONE ASKED FOR. Why don't you make a way for teams to not have them send me stuff all day and all night (and I have to check there???)

My phone is set to schedule no messages but people still send them there and what they send doesn't go to email where it belongs.

Why don't you actually think about people for once????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. See how many users accessed a report posted on Teams.

I would like to get the stats on who reviewed the important information posted on Teams, in the form of a file or document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Other programs open within Teams

I would like the iPad and Android version to work like the Windows and MAC version. If you open a tab to planner or one note it opens right within the Teams windows. Also if you edit a Word or Excel document it does so within Teams. I would like the mobile clients to work the same way. currently it opens Planner, Onenote, Excel, Word, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make an option to be on mute / silent / do not disturb, so that no calls show up while you have this enabled

Make an option to be on mute / silent / do not disturb, so that no calls show up while you have this enabled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time limit on Teams

I wish there was a way to add members, but for the system to automatically remove them after a certain amount of time; ie one year for a specific team. We want to utilize Teams for new hires within our company, but if there was a way for Teams to automatically remove someone after they have been within the Team for a certain amount of time, that would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We would like to have the option to delete team channel conversations. We utilize this tool regularly for work that is not relevant later an

We would like to have the option to delete team channel conversations. We utilize this tool regularly for work that is not relevant later and do not wish to take up space and have to scroll through the previous days' messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make meeting stats available, for exanple participants, call duration, etc.

As my preference for meeting is Teams it would he great if you added the reporting capabilities of webex services.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Activity Fees

Give me an option to change the order from newest to oldest, to oldest to newest. I find it off putting that the feed is shown in one order and the Posts just to the right of it are in the reverse order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A personalizes starting page

It would be great if the first page in my project group on Teams could be personalized. Instead of the chat view it should be a summarized view over the latest that has happend in the group. The next upcoming or late activities in Planner, the latest post, the latest added File etc. An informative page that can be specified depending on the group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base