Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When we call someone, we can see if they declined it.

If someone declined a call, OR just can not get to Teams, it will tell you if the person declined that call, or the reason why they did not answer the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mirror documents held in other team spaces and also from other sharepoints

enable a team space to share documents, via a link, from other separate team spaces and also from other sharepoint libraries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneNote

I like to use OneNote to take notes during meetings - but the functionality to be able to quickly pull up a file to reference, have the meeting box open AND take notes isn't easy - - each time I navigate away from OneNote I have to relaunch it which makes it difficult.

Suggestion - can we make it so OneNote can be a separate Window?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. About images,

Please makw sure that the images posted by the teachers can be seen offline its troubling the students and the students are not able to see the image write so on time submisson cannot be done

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can add a speaker program option

can u keep a option for speaker program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. have teams examine existing contacts (not just mailboxes) for phone numbers to display names when a known contact attends a meeting

We have a large number of contacts that are not mailbox users. It would be very useful if Teams examined the contact info (email address, phone #s) to display the attendees name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. math option and upload option does not work together

math option and upload option does not work together,

In Microsoft forms, if uploading option is enabled, Math typing does not appear. So long answer questions of Math needs to be put as an image.
    Any solution to this problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a personalized status message to be added: Allow any text to be entered.

Status: TEAMS defaults to away after a set time: ours is 10 minutes. I'd like to add text: that would show my message: examples: brb, be right back, going for a walk back in an hour. The text should be free form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. a status button that indicates - "feel free to drop by my virtual desk"

to give a better feel of the spontaneity of just dropping by someone's desk beyond a "chat" message, show a status that means, sure, pick up the phone/video and call me for a quick conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There should be an option to manually move the Pop-up that we receive when someone is chatting with us

There should be an option to manually move the Pop-up that we receive when someone is chatting with us. Right now the only option is it appears on the bottom right of the screen which is very inconvenient to me and if I mute it, then there is no way for me to know if I have received a message. If there was an option to move the Pop-up to the top right or to any part which the users preferred ti would using teams much easier and less irritable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. check in buttons

Allow users to post a thumbs up, thumbs down, question mark to show everyone on meetings. This way when the presenter asks if everyone understands, people can post thumbs up, allows presenter to check in with entire team or follow progress without dead silence meaning yes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make teams similar to Skype, Teams is too much clumspy.

Make Teams look and feel like Skype, its very hard to locate all features. Also conversion history is not getting mailed in outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop getting notifications on Teams app on my phone while using the program on my computer

We need a way to not receive notifications on the app on our phones when we are using the Teams program on another device (example: when I'm using it on my computer).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Status change based on the latest status setting in mobile and other gadgets

When user logged in different gadgets like chrome and app in mobile and if he changes status in mobile, its not being reflected in chrome until it is refreshed. It would be good if that is triggered automatically in all the logged in sessions, if it is changed in any place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. unable to login to another organisation if the asset(laptop) is registered in one organisation due to restriction of organisational policies

These days majority of the software professionals belongs to one organisation and will be working for different organisation (client). In this case user cannot sign in to desktop app in the asset registered in primary organisation with clients email. It denies to sign in as it is restricted by organisational policies. I think its through out office 365. But if this is fixed atleast for teams and outlook, I am sure that your feedback forms will be flooded with appreciations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. automatic login when computer starts

It would be nice if I didn't have to open the program to get it started each day. It should automatically start when the computer boots up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting to Automatically open messages in new window

Like Skype for Business, it is nice to be able to set your messages to open in their own window. While a feature was enabled to allow us to manually pop out a message, this is not ideal for those of us who want this by default.
    Also, when a new message is received, it should cause the tile in the task bar should flash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List of recurring meetings

Is there a way to get a list of the recurring meetings/reminders in your calendar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it really easy and obvious how to set up a meeting - it’s not!

As a meeting app, it should be intuitive to schedule a meeting and those invited,
    Including those outside the and it’s not at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base