Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Multiple Improvements

1. Clicking on Join Online option in outlook calendar does not open Teams meeting. It loads up a webpage through which I am asked to login to call. Can we have the option work just as how it worked in Skype?

2. Offer an option for availability status : ‘offline’. This quite critical to converse with critical stakeholders, while remaining ‘veiled’

3. Cannot search for an Enterprise ID by typing in e.g., <john.aj>

4. How to block someone in teams

5. How to stop notifications appearing while I am on a Skype presentation?

6. How to ensure that skype meetings reflect in teams?

7. How to chat…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I could not create my Teams

Hi
    It seems I am not able to create my own Teams here. only able to choose one to join in. waiting for an answer for next step

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can you make this pos work?

Here is my idea: Can you make this piece of **** work? I'm trying to add somebody outside of my organizatio nto a team and it won't let me. I can only add people within my own organization. Make this easy, since you have the monopoly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change interface so only one click is required to change audio / video device

When in a meeting, you must first click "more actions", then "show device settings. Please put the "show device settings" on the main screen or provide some other way to speed the process.

This is important to users that have multiple AV devices. AFB had this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use the Same UX as the O365 Admin Center

The Manage Teams page should use the UI as the O365 Admin Center for adding columns, using the Gear icon for this purpose is not consistent with other areas of O365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. whenever network connection changes mobile is showing the notifications repeatedly

whenever network connection changes mobile is showing the notifications repeatedly, making it look like new alerts but they are not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Device Recognition if headset is off default back to PC Audio device automatically in teams

Device Recognition if headset is off default back to PC Audio device automatically in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the ability to change your name on the participants

Have the ability to change your name as a participant. Not everyone uses their first name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable "edit a message" function for Teams-Team even though it is disabled by the administrator

When "edit a message" is disabled by the teams administrator, it is currently not possible to activate it for a Teams-Team. Hence, it would be great if the Teams owner could decide if it is enabled or disabled for a specific team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve teams app messaging features

messaging through teams app is not real time/ working properly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. hakutoiminto

Teamsissä jaetaan paljon ohjeita eri kanavissa, mutta niitä ei enää löydä myöhemmin, koska siellä ei ole hakutoimintoa!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If a user who is given the control tries to start a specific application, he can’t control it

With Skype meeting, both users who gave the control and who is given the control will see messages such as “User Account Control” or “The presentation is paused.” if the user who is given the control operates task scheduler or sets some items showing shield marks.
    However, With Teams meeting, there is nothing to be shown, and the meeting screen seems to be freezed, so users might think something suddenly went wrong.
    So, we would like to have a feature that shows some kind of error messages when a user can’t operate a meeting due to applications’ running at the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic Team List

Maybe I just have not found this yet, but I am looking to have a dynamic list of people who are on a team. Right now it is managed in excel, but I want people to be able to add their information and when I send out a group notification it is up to date. Please let me know if I am just missing how to do this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Consume muchísimos recursos y ralentiza exageradamente wl movil o el portátil

Consume muchísimos recursos y ralentiza muchísimo el portátil

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Resend conference ID for bulk users

How to resend conference ID information for 1000+ users using power-shell ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams gets killed on Mac by updater

At least once a day the Teams app on macOS (10.14.5) gets killed. It suddenly vanishes, and not even a crash report is displayed. Looking at the console logs, I found that this somehow seems to be related to the TeamsUpdaterDaemon (see attached logs).

This may be related to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33838036-osx-client-updates-app-quits-multiple-times-a-da
    But I decided to open a new bug report, because in my/our case there's no user interaction/dialog that asks for an authorization.

Maybe this wouldn't be that annoying If I only could disable the auto updater - hoping that this would prevent the crashes.

Would be really great to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base