Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have SP-Site for Private-Team-Channel respect language settings of the Team

Currently all SP-Sites for Teams-Private-Channels are created in the Language of the SharePoint root site.
    However - if a User has a Team with default Language German he would also expect his private channel site to be in German and not English just because this happens to be the Language of the SPO Root Site.
    To me this is a Bug but to the Comment in Stackoverflow this is a Feature request (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61489792/teams-private-channels-spo-site-collection-language-regional-settings).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to set status regardless of whether or not the computer is locked

Provide a way to freeze your status so when your laptop freezes, it doesn't show you as away as you may be at your desk working on something or in a work conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call global address list secondary contact numbers

As a large amount of our workforce are not always using their computers we need the ability to dial their secondary phone e.g cell / mobile from our Global Address List. But to make a call I need to have added their mobile as an Outlook/Teams contact or I need to remember the number and manually type it in the dial pad.

SFB you could search for a contact and then were presented with all available calling options. Seems like a simple but very important feature missing here

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Number of views not showing up on OneDrive shared files

Usually, I would upload a video file on my OneDrive account and share it with everyone via the 'view only' link.

And whenever some would access the link, it will register a view under either their own name or as a guest viewer.

But since couple of week it has stopped doing this.

I've been told by a tech support person that this functionality has been taken away in a recent update.
    Can we get this back please as it's quite useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to be able to set up a Bi-weekly meeting and cannot.

I need to se up a bi-weekly meeting in Teams and cannot, is there a work around?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1. Please close out old video meeting notices. I have people who get confused and end up entering the wrong meeting room because

1. Please close out older teams meetings. I have people who end up in the wrong teams video call because the previous ones still show up in the channel.

2. Please make video calls pop out as a separate window so we can navigate through Teams to view files or respond to other chats. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notifications Options

I want the audible notification but not that stinking banner popping up clear up the side of my screen. No way to shut that off other than turn off the whole notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Replying to a message and marking with a pen when sharing the screen

It would be helpful if we have an option replying to a message So that the communication would be clear. Also, marking option when sharing the screen with the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dejar ver quien te elimina de una clase

Ver quién te elimina de una clase

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let the retention policy mechanism not 'hard' delete a file, but instead move it into a 'to be deleted' repository.

As many new users in our organization today are afraid of using the file upload / storage feature due to the fact that files can just get erased by the company-set retention policy, it would be very helpful and user-oriented to not immediately delete a file on the date of the retention policy deadline, but instead proactively inform a file owner and move the file into a 'to be deleted' repository.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "End meeting" button in Teams

The "End meeting" button in Teams is no longer available when we assign the meeting from the Booking calendar to another employee.

After a Booking Reservation made by the citizens, the employees receive the reservation in the calendar with success and the associated Teams meetings can take place correctly.
    But if a staff is not available for instance and we assign his meeting/booking to another staff ; the button "End meeting" in Teams is no longer available for the latter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable duplication of tabs in Teams

Make it possible to open and view a document stored in Teams while watching a presentation and have both open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Organising meeting based on people's diary

I work as a secretary and I often have a job of organising a meeting for 10+ people at the time that suits them all!

Checking diaries one by one is ineffective so there should be a script that pulls data form people's diaries and selects the most popular time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it possible to reject a Teams phone call when logged into a meeting.

When someone calls you when you are logged into a Teams meeting you are disconnected from the meeting. It should be possible to choose to reply or reject the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sending email to a teams group should distribute the email on the users as well

Sending email to a teams group should distribute the email on the users as well, instead of creating a separate DL list or an office 365 group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow nagging on old message

Situation:

I'm chatting with someone and sent him/her a message that s/he did not respond to.

I want to right click that message and press NAG and then it will send an alert that s/he must reply to that message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Am Handy die Hand heben

Man sollte auch am Handy seine Hand heben können.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)