Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Administrator can select that the participants do not see each other.

Administrator can select that the participants do not see each other. Sometimes they are minors (such as in online school training) and it is important to maintain confidentiality for data protection, without removing the administrator from seeing everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A tab to undelete messages in Teams

There should be a place where you can see messages that were deleted and choose to leave it deleted or recover the message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide capability in Team for logged in user to keep his draft messages .

Today, there is no capability for me to save messages or Save Draft Message against my Profile. For example : I need to access certain sites from my secure machines. I have my Teams installed in my laptop and also on secure machine. Now to send messages to my secure machine to myself, there is no way to do that in Teams. As a workaround, I have created meeting request to myself, Join in that meeting and start entering messages in chat window to myself. Access those chat messages in Teams in my Secure Machine. Rather if there is option…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bildirim

Mobile de mesajlar geç düşüyor bildirimler açık olmasına rağmen ileti gelince uyarı vermiyor. Uygulama içerisine girmedikçe mesajdan haberdar olamıyorsun.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to display alerts on a specific monitor and specific screen position (upper right hand corner).

Option to display alerts on a specific monitor (if multiple monitors are being used) and determine screen position (upper right hand corner).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. making a custom background on a asus labtop

allow people on asus labtops to have a custom backround

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show you're muted while on a call.

Show the user they're muted without having to hover over the UI during a meeting. A simple visual would suffice (e.g. mute icon). Skype does it pretty well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. better status for spotting people struggling with Mental Health

we are holding drop in sessions using Teams and some people don't want to talk but if they could let others know how they are feeling using a colour coding. Like the bands you can buy. Something more than sticking an emoji to your status message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Feasability to poor

i request microsoft teams compatible with android tv which is connectible ith normal TV nd low internet capacity usage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. vide chatting

it will be nice to be able to see a person on video chat when we click their name in the video conference

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Call group notification differentiation

For call groups we need the ability to select which devices members of a call group are notified on, for example we want all members of a group to be alerted on their desktop device but not on their mobile, this is particularly important to us as we run a 24/7 operation so do not want members of the team contacted on their mobile device when at home when someone else in the group is being called. Note because of the way our shifts overlap it is not possible for us to break people up into separate groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to have personalized/small rooms

I would like to have "personalized rooms" for small groups in MS Teams, where groups can withdraw from each other to talk about certain topics in a small setting, in order to exchange ideas again afterwards in the whole group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show clearer tips in Teams search results

According to Case #:19878088, For any recent conversation search you will get full details of the conversation but for old content search it will only return that keyword. Please consider adding these tips to the interface, or it will confused some users. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link Teams Channels to Stream Channels with all Teams Admins as owners

When recording a video in Teams, you have to manually add a group or channel after the fact, and the owner is always the person who hit the record button - even if someone else owns the channel it is added to.

Please make a way that we can automatically have a video added to the correct Teams team, and all admins of that team can be the owners of each video added to the group. Right now we have to manually add all admins to a video to give them ability to even edit details or other routine tasks,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In a MS Team Meeting and sharing screen

Possibility to delete 'old history' when you want to share a document. (PP or Word document).
    It can be difficult to 'find' the document among all the documents and windows displayed in the below screen that are actually open and NOT all the history when clicking on 'Share'. In Audit & Inspections situations that can be nerve-racking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add notification number on new window

The implementation of multi window is so useful, however we also need to know how many notification that window has gotten. Current implementation does not have this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In Teams Scoped Directory Search, separate Information Barriers and Address Book Policy scoping

Scoped Directory Search implicitly implements Information Barriers. But I'd like to see support for scoping so that I can see only people in my ABP but can still invite members from another ABP by entering their email-address. Even if I enable Guest access, I can't invite members from same tenant if they are in a different ABP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add MS Outlook to MS Teams Page and add email category to feedback dropdown

Add MS Outlook to MS Teams Page and add email category to feedback dropdown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. chat roll

the messaging should do a roll whereas the most resent or newest chat/message is ided and move to the top in bold letter or color of the user choose

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base