Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi am Benny Varghese , from kerala (bentech1408@gmail.com)

When we take toolbar to the left or right in MS whiteboard the ruler gets vanished. Pl rectify that.
    In teams after conducting a meeting in a particular team we are not getting the consolidated attendance data of the participants viz how many were present and who were absent etc?
    For maths typing it should be made more user friendly in an advanced way. Ink to maths needed improvement

But the ms teams platform is wonderful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give guest users ability to edit messages + submit documents in chat

Guests users have currently limited possibility to use post/chat fuctionalities in Teams. Editing your own messages would be highly appreciated, as this prevents me correcting my spelling mistakes with a follow-up message. This guarantees clearner channels and chat conversations. Would also appreciate if guest users could submit files similarly to other users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attendance feature can be added.

Attendance can be downloaded in excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unmute & Mute microphone based on the sound level

Detect the threshold on the mic incident sound and unmute/mute the mic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autism

Hello. I have an accessibility feature request. I use Microsoft Teams for work (primarily on Windows 10). It's a great tool and very much improvement over instant messenger or Skype.

I am on the autism spectrum and as such, during a video call it is too distracting for me to share video of myself, thus see myself in my monitor in the set of all others sharing video and still fully participate in the call. As a result, I don't share video of myself at this time and I know some people would appreciate it if I did. If you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. creation of folders to store chats etc.

Is it possible to create different folders in order to drop there later on chats history etc., so that in the future 1st search criteria could be via accessing specific folder? I use such organization for e-mails in Outlook and for me it is much easier way to find the content later on, especially if collaboration is with similar group of people but for different topics or just the amount of topics that we're dealing with at the same time is quite big. Thus it would be a way to avoid having all the history in a "one folder" view…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can we manage access on documents or folders via Teams app, rather than backend SharePoint site

We're encouraging users to set up Teams groups for their working teams, meaning majority of documents are stored in correct place and access is limited to only the people that need to view. However there are instances where you need to share a document with a colleague outside of the Team. This can be done via the backend SharePoint site linked to that Team, using the manage access function on individual documents, sub folders or channel folders however it would be much more user friendly to be able to manage this access from the Teams app itself, rather than needing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Inking online in word

Can you please allow inking in online word etc, very difficult to correct student work well without it. I can do it in google classroom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. notification

while using teams in the browser, we should get notified in the desktop, even the browser is minimized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a headline to the top of a chat to explain what chat stream has been created for

Headlines can be a number of lines and would allow the creator / those in chat to add to it to help explain what the chat is for.

Thank you :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Presence Time Stamp

As Skype for Business had, it would be great to have a Time Stamp when a person's status is offline or set to 'Away'. For example, Skype for business used to show the number of hours or days, however, Teams just says 'Yesterday', or 'Offline'.

This would allow better monitoring of staff working hours as if they are working late. Currently you are unable to work out what time they were working until as teams presence just shows 'Yesterday'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A facility to change the colour.

Add a facility to change the colour. The black and dark blue is quite depressing, and a strain on the eyes all day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block inbound audio for members in the same office

When you got a Team meeting, with some members in the office and some working remote, it would be useful to block the inbound audio from the members in the same office, so you only hear them once, instead of a second time with a second delay over your headset

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook Voice Access Number

This was a really useful feature on Unified Messaging and it was disappointing that Microsoft dropped it when replacing UM with Cloud VoiceMail.

Under Unified Messaging, we had an Outlook Voice Access number setup in our UM Dial Plan. This enabled us to access voicemail from any phone, but even more importantly for our organisation, was for managers to access the voicemail of their staff if they were unexpectantly off work e.g. sick. We could change the users UM PIN, dial the OVA number, input the users ext and PIN and we were then able to listen to their voicemails…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share hole Chat sessions with Outlook or other Chats

I can send single Chat Messages to Outlook. How can I send more than one, so that I can share the hole conversation?
    And is there a way to forward Chats messages in teams? Not sharing with Outlook, but with another Teams chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to scale font size in mobile client

Many IM/Messaging mobile apps (like WhatsApp) give the choice to scale font size (to display text objects bigger or smaller) - ex. is here - https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/how-to-change-font-size?lang=en .
    Please add similar option to Teams mobile clients. thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. recommend contacts

Please stop opening call groups once the have been closed all the time !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Check the bit rate on screen when using Teams meetings

If you have the ability to check the bit rate on the screen when using the conference, you can measure the reference value.
    This is useful for calculating the bandwidth used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How

1. How to see company profile for colleagues- In skype, we can see profile from chat or during meeting by using right click. This is not available option in MS. This is why we are still using Skype.

2. Layout for favorites and other group is not showing in List format and uses only Tile. Not at all easy to use. This is why we are still using Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. s

Snoozing option is based on time interval from notification vs giving an option based on meeting " such as 0min or 5min before start". again greatly organised in Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base