Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello Team, Till last few days Team has Option To open Excel file in "Excel Online Version" now it is not available.Could that be restored

Hello Team, Till last few days Team has Option To open Excel file in "Excel Online Version" now it is not available.Could that be restored

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swifts - Sceduling reports

As admin you can export a time report in the settings of Shifts.
    I would like to see an option to scedule the report daily each week.

Combinding this with Flow would be amazing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a Shift Manager, I want employees to submit their availability over a longer timeframe, so I can plan my business out better.

I want employees to be able to submit the days they are available, rather than state the number of hours available in a week so I can plan out who is working what day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to prevent users from replying

We have many people in our conversation, but we only need to use it for updates in the company. We’ll tell employees to send us a private message regarding these updates or if they need something, but instead they reply to the conversation, giving everyone notifications left and right. We want the ability to have 3 or 4 people to be able to send messages, and the rest of the people to be “read only” so that if they have questions or comments, they’ll be forced to send a separate private message. If this already exists, then if someone could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow contacts that are online to float up to the top, which can be done in Skpye if you chose to. I don't see any way to do it in Teams.

Allow contacts that are online to float up ( Always On Top ) which can be done in Skype if you chose to. I don't see any way to do it in Teams. I don't even see a "tools" menu. Also seems to be a bug where the little 'status' icon on someone's avatar does not show their status accurately. I still have Skype with the same contacts list and it might show someone is 'online' when Teams shows them 'away' and only when you hover the mouse over their avatar on Teams does it change to the correct status…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow a user to delete his/her own recent chats from the chat screen.

Allow users to delete chats they are part of or have left, not just hide them, instead of keeping everything according to internal policies, we should be permitted to flag which ones to keep instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio alert option to be on when program window is open. Currently it only works when its minimized.

Some people use multiple screens and like to have the teams window always open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to dismiss active conversation

I would like to ability to dismiss or opt out of a conversation once I have decided that it does not pertain to me. I still want to get notifications when a new conversation starts under that Team, but I do not want to get notifications from the existing conversation. However, some conversations I may wish to follow, so then, I would not opt out or dismiss that conversation. Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No internet chats, screen shares, ect....

When no internet is available (airplane, remote areas, ect) allow connection to another Teams member PC nearby for screen share, chat, ect for collaboration. Wifi? Bluetooth?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort by number of owners

When you go to admin center for teams and open the list for "Manage teams" you are not able to sort or filter the list by number of current owners. Usually go here to assign an owner to teams that doesn't have one. So either a filter function or a sort by when you click the column. (or both)

Note: Frustrating to have to scroll the list for every change. As it doesn't move you back to the position where you were when editing the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can’t access OneNote files if their name has been changed via the File tab in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to improve the OneNote file viewing experience in Microsoft Teams, because if we navigate to the File tab in Microsoft Teams to change the OneNote file name which created in SPO team site, the file can’t be accessed from Teams due to an access error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow left 1/4 of main window (where teams drop-dows are) to be minimised so that the main content window can be larger

See attahched.

Excel sheets and other items are hard to view when the teams drop downs are taking up such a portion of the screen.

It would be great if it could be minimised to allow larger viewing of the main content window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to be able to change the order of files in the file tab on a tablet device

I'm using a tablet device, but the file order is fixed in order of the new date.

As with desktop clients, we would like you to improve the function so that you can freely select and sort names and types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to be able to sort files in "Other" on the File tab

I want to be able to sort files in "Other" on the Files tab in the team.

By making it possible to move unnecessary files arbitrarily, it is possible to improve work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being able to assign more than 11 people to a task

Being able to assign more than 11-people to one card

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using team code, I want to ensure that only a specific user can use it

After issuing the team code, I want to prevent the team code from being used by specific users.

Because unintended users may join the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. footnotes bug using browser version of Word to collaborate

There is a major bug with footnotes. Twice my team had to recover the document they were working on using an old version simply because footnotes corrupted the working file. I am not exactly sure why adding footnotes does this but we have added the file for you guys to look at if you wish. Also a snip showing the error that comes up in Word. Also a snip showing the error in Teams. Word does attempt to fix the file, but the footnotes are all mixed up after the fact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base