Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turnitin Integration with PowerShell for policy for certain users

I know that the option to add Turnitin is available through this link. https://www.turnitin.com/products/feedback-studio/microsoft-teams-integration
    My request would be is it possible to add a policy for certain members in certain Teams. Would a PowerShell command be enough, since Turnitin integration is taken a global policy?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable two options for mute ( Inside or Outside)

Enable two mute options, where we can indicate whether we will be muted for other "producers / presenters" or for participants of the live event

In my case, I would like to speak quickly with someone who is presenting a live. As a palliative solution, I write a text in the chat, but it would be great if I could talk to him without the participants being able to hear me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Teams on Android causing issues with personal calls

A team member is running Microsoft Teams on Android and her personal calls ring twice then go to her personal voicemail but her phone does not ring when receiving personal calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to preview a file without it thinking I've modified it

Please add a preview option so that I can open files within Teams without it always entering my name in the modified by column. I know I can open in sharepoint to preview but many times I just want to view the file without all those keystrokes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When Receiving a Chat, See What Team That Person is From

When you have many people on many Teams, it's hard when you receive a chat and you don't know from what Team that person is... It would be great if a user profile could be accessed when you hover over the person's name with their "relationship" to you - what Team they're on!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On/Off option for displaying name when speaking but not sharing camera

We have been Testing the 3x3 function for conferencing within Teams. When someone is on their phone only or does not have their camera on, only their initials show up on the display as one of the nine. We would like to see an option to turn that on/off. With nine participants, there are times when participants would rather see themselves and not those who are on eth phone or have their cameras off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Making team members invisible

I would like the option to make team members invisible so that children (and parents) don't compare the children in different support groups. Some parents don't like it if their children are seen to be needing help with different areas. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Linux Teams client will not let me log in.

A few weeks ago I could log in with the Linux Teams client but now I am just redirected to the Teams is being developed page. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show upcoming meetings in Calendar or a new tab

Currently opening calendar doesn't show my upcoming meetings in 1st fold. Have to scroll n find it manually.

PFA an example.. this would make things really simple

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Telefonumdaki sorun yüzünden uygulamayi silmek zorunda kaldim. Yeniden yukledim. Amma ekibe katilamiyorum. Yardimcı olurmusunuz?

Telefonumdaki sorun yüzünden uygulamayi silmek zorunda kaldim. Yeniden yukledim. Ancaq ekibe katilamiyorum. Yardimci olurmusunuz?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multi-Workspace Capabilities Enhancement

From the desktop app, it would be great to be able to stay logged into multiple workspaces. To move fluidly between two accounts without having to log out and in every time would be a huge timesaver. Similar to how Slack is set up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. activity

You should be able to click on the title of a Team and see all activity from all public channels in that feed (or private channels you are a part of). I think this would create more visibility to posts with out cluttering user's feeds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate notes in Word to MS Teams

When in MS Word, use "@" on a team member to associated note to that user, and have the user notified via MS Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. QUE NO DEJE AÑADIR A UN EQUIPO DE TEAMS SIN EL PERMISO DEL INTERESADO

TEAMS ES UNA HERRAMIENTA DE TRABAJO, PERO SE EMPIEZAN A CREAR EQUIPOS SIN ESE COMETIDO. Y TE AÑADEN A EQUIPOS A LOS QUE NO TIENES NINGÚN INTERÉS EN PARTICIPAR. HACER COMO EN EL WASA, CUANDO TE VAN A AÑADIR QUE SE NECESITE TU PERMISO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. At the start of the software it is necessary identify the owner

Alex,
    as you know, if your Teams has a lot of organnizzations linked with your account, during the start up, Teams give you a list of organizzation in alphabetic order. The result is a mistake, the people will do the acces with an other organizzation and then are obliged to change. It is necessary to set like default organizzation the own organizzation, give the possibility to set an external organizzation (if requested) and then indicate the other organizzation during the access phase.
    Reagrds,
    Giuseppe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Requests off viewing

In viewing submitted requests for time off, it would be very helpful to see those requests visually on a calendar, instead of just the list. For both managers and staff to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Teams work with Dell 7510 Integrated Web cam. Teams dosent appear in web cam approval list.

Teams does not appear in the Windows list of Apps that allow camera access. Using Dell 7510; the Integrated web cam works for the WEB version of Teams, but not the installed app !.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to rename a document when copying in Teams

When I copy a document in a channel on Teams, it asks to "keep both" files. Instead, it would be great to have the option to rename the copied file.

For instance, I have an agenda that I keep in a folder, and copy it for each new meeting because some items carry over. When I "Right Click" the document and choose "copy" a window pops up (see screenshot) saying "This file already exists" and asks what to do. You have two options 1) Cancel 2) Keep both - It would be great to have a "rename" option here.

The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base