Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customized error messages for message extensions in case the app is not reachable

Generally when a teams app is deployed on a provider server, in case the app goes down and during the same course of time, if a user tries to access the App, he sees a generic message "App not reachable. Please try again later.". Instead, could we add a parameter within the manifest file where we can add a more meaningful error message to the user and redirect the User to the suitable support team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clicking on user icon should show current sign-in details

Clicking on the account icon gives the option to sign-out etc but doesn't let you see who you are signed in as at the moment. The only way I can be sure which account I am currently using is to sign out and sign back in again, showing my username under this icon would save time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. how to add team DL

how to add team DL in Microsoft TEAMS ?
    if this feature is not available please enable this

e.g. like SKYPE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to reorganize channels

Our team has created many channels and it's now getting to manage. Hence, it would have been better if we have channel reorganization feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the shift key as another line not as a send

It is annoying and to hit the shift key in a chat and have it send the msg. Use only the send for that. I have msgs that need multiple lines!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Who bot should leverage LinkedIn to provide details of your upcoming meetings

Who bot shows who you have meetings with in the next 7 days. While it offers some card information for internal participants, Who bot could leverage public information from LinkedIn to provide details of external participants before the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a possibility to switch off the ringing tone for outgoing calls. Would be very useful for people using speakers instead of headphones as

Add a possibility to switch off the ringing tone for OUTGOING calls. Would be very useful for people using speakers instead of headphones as the sound is too loud and cannot be adjusted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ubiety

Create integration with Ubiety (http://ubiety.me/)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Souce data transfer from One Drive to Teams limitations

As I work with numerous files, using Teams is not practical with the limitations of uploading of only 10 files at a time. Why can't we upload unlimited files in a team environment?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like the ability to put a label on a file.

I often need to upload the same file name (.exe) but the versions are different. I would like the ability to put a label on the file that describes the version # of the .exe. This will allow my end-users to see the version without having to rename the .exe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Phone number and/or system for Microsoft Teams/Office 365 in Austria

In Austria it is not possible to register a phone number for my employee or for my company. So I have to use a further phone system different to the Office 365. A main thing as the idea of business collaboration is a phone number. That is a very important thing you need to have for professional business. So it would be a very **** thing to use a phone system solution or even single phone numbers for some employee of my company to get faster and smarter using together with the other functions of the Office 365.

Looking forward…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add to contacts - Type a name

Whenever my team tries to add someone to favorites via the "Add to Contacts" box the selection disappears after a split-second making you have to click the input field instead of letting you type at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Meeting participation control for users outside the team

If users outside the team are provided a meeting URL, users in the organization who have not been invited will be able to join the meeting. Should.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow guests

Allows guests from other teams into your team meeting, or build "temporary access" so meetings held within teams can be opened to other employees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatic "In conversation/Engaged" state shown when I am typing in a chat

I would like an "In conversation/Engaged" state shown when I am typing in one chat and other people and trying to chat with me as well in other channels. People are less patient in IM than Email etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple people to be able to post as one 'human bot'

This is maybe a bit niche, but as an IT department without a chat solution for our helpdesk, we often get people initiating a chat with one of our techs who then helps them a little over Teams, and then forwards the chat to the helpdesk when they're done. The problem is that they pick just one tech. I'd like to be able to have multiple people behind one virtual 'person' and any of us could respond to that single chat. The alternative is for us to have a Team that everyone is in and they start their IT requests…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need to turn on / off "automatically admit people" in tenant settings

Need to turn on / off "automatically admit people" in tenant settings.

Preventing organizers from changing lobby settings is important for managing the company's security level.

Administrators should be able to choose whether or not lobby settings can be changed by the organizer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Want to retrieve audio message data

It would be great if we can obtain the audio message data by content search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams user avatar not shown in Safari

Teams user avatar cannot show in Safari in our Message Extension Card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base