Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open microphone

Teams should show a user a large icon or image when their microphone is open, to avoid accidents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio feedback

We use Microsoft Teams in Belgium for children of 6 years. It would be great if there was een option to send an audio file as feedback to a task they were given. Now you can only write the feedback but the children can not yet read it...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. text to speech

It would be nice to have the text to speech reader option for chats or meeting notes. Ideally, if there was a button you could turn on and select where in the chat you'd like Teams to read the text aloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Translate video recordings

Some training meetings are recorded so others can view them later.
    Since we have various offices across the globe it would be handy if these video recordings could have translated captions to them.

Not sure if it is easiest for the captions to be translated live
    OR
    whether the owner or participants could select to translate the captions after the meeting recording had been completed.

This could help limit redoing training videos in different languages. Just an idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat Filter (Bolded group Chat names)

I would like the ability to see group with chat names highlighted or bolded and separated from 1:1 Chats. I would like to filter by group chats and 1:1 chats

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make an option to organize participants by last name, instead of first name

Please make an option to organize participants by last name, instead of first name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. الحالة

أن يكون هناك امكانية نشر صور ومقاطع في الحالة الشخصية ليراها أصدقائي

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better managed of saved messages

I just started reviewing my saved messages and once that number gets beyond 10, it is a bit unmanageable. I recommend a feature to add tags or further 3 or 4 word description to each. For example: I'd like to add a saved message: "Link to top 20 companies" so I can see at a glance what the saved entry is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to Disable Speech Bubbles

Speech bubbles from Team members in the conference keeps on popping up on the lower right corner while I am trying to type. There should be an option to disable speech bubbles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More Security

As a Financial Services Firm, we are required to follow the security guidelines below before we can utilize Teams in the Financial Services environment. I do not see a way to make all of these happen.

Need to Password Protect the meeting
    Need a way to LOCK a meeting once it has started
    Need to be able to disable participants ability to record a meeting
    Disable the Chat feature
    No uploads allowed during meeting

Hopefully some of these features can be added in the near future, or we will be forced to stay with Zoom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show "Free Until" when view contact card in Teams

Show the "free until time" / "Away" or status of a person in Teams similar to Office click click contact card.

Bonus - add ability to schedule meeting right from the contact card in MS Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save Statuses!

It would be wonderful if we could save profile statuses so if I have created a status that I would like to leave on regularly, when I go to lunch, it would be nice to go to a "lunch" status but when I come back, switch back to my normal status and not have to retype all of it back in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. recording controls in Teams meetings, editing controls in Streams

Basic request: Please add basic options and controls when recording meetings in Teams to include those things we have all had in Skype/Lync for years, including the option to include/exclude the presenter's video
    with the screenshare in the recording, and the ability to Pause recording.

Advanced request: basic video-editing controls in Stream, including the ability to markin/markout and cut. As an example, let's say I recorded a 30-minute meeting, but I want to cut out the first 92 seconds, I want to cut out several spans during the meeting, and I want to cut out the last 242…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable screen capturing in teams calls

Is there a way to disable screen capturing during a teams meeting? I share sensative info during the call and would like to disable this feature from time to time if needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have package for Marriage or Other Family function where people want to broadcast to their friends and relatives accross the world

In India Marriage is big thing, these days many people not able to attend the function. A one time package with maximum number of Viewers can be offered. It should be affordable and High quality and easy to use. People charge huge money to broadcast these events via internet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allows links to be placed from one MS Teams files location to another MS Teams site

Enable links for between MS Teams sites. So that you can have a link to a folder or document held in one MS Teams site from another MS Teams site

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to adgust speaker/camera/mic from video chat window

With mobile users moving around, different docs, cameras, etc... Other apps like Zoom make is so much easier to switch settings for peripherals by adding controls right in the video screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the teacher view in Teams channels when adding Flipgrid

I would like to be able to log into the teacher dashboard from TEAMS channel after I have added the flipgrid app to my ribbon for a channel group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base