Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability for the organizer to remove themselves

The organizer should be able to remove themselves from team meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. select members for specific channels

Although there is now private channels it would be good if on a public channel you can either everyone in the team to that channel or just a select few. This would enable all team members to dip in and out of a number of channels but not necessarily be part of every channel. Our team is large but I would rather have fewer MS teams and more channels than lots of teams. quite a few staff are reluctant to embrace Teams/IT in general and I think being part of lots of teams would scare them off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Incoming call solution

Need a better more subtle notification for when you're in an active call/meeting and a 2nd call comes in. The incoming call is completely disruptive to active call, silences primary call, has a load ring for incoming, at least until able to decline the incoming call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How about a way to answer when it rings

I have no idea how to answer . maybe something intuative.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create stacks feature in planner, to "stack" buckets in groups for a more intuitive and better organized card view of buckets in planner.

The card view in planner is a powerful tool, but the horizontal-only layout of the buckets extends far out and becomes hard to manage with a large number of buckets.

With "stacks", you can group a bunch of buckets together and still have the vertical list of tasks, but be able to collapse a "stack" and open a different "stack", or open multiple "stacks" at once to get a project overview. Each bucket will still be scrollable, as would the entire window of stacks.

This would give project managers a much more comprehensive overview of a project and make navigation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Virtual PostNotes, or Brainstorming tool

I'm often running workshops that require brainstorming and in-person would use post it notes for faster idea generation and group them in categories for discussion.
    I'm using online apps for this now, but having this in Teams would be great to keep everything in one place.
    Tried employee ideas, but I want it specific for the teams channel and delete all the system generated ones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The most recent thread on posts should be at the top, not bottom.

The most recent thread on posts should be at the top, not bottom. I use this a lot and scrolling to the bottom is time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TEAMS / ASSIGNMENTS

I want students to be able to write on a PDF in Teams/Assignments without having to download the file, open it in Adobe, edit/comment, save, then Add Work to the assignment before Turning In. This make using Teams very difficult with students. Converting to Word does not work with most PDF's. Too many steps required for students. Forcing teachers to request Google Classroom over Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chat - Capability of Clear chat history

Capability of Clearing personal 1 to 1 Chat history. Also, the Chat view to show a blank home page for privacy, like Skype list all contacts and when the Chat view opens only when selected. I don't understand Why favorite features that worked for older products wasn't considered for this one????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. See the calendar availability of those outside your organization who also use Teams

See the calendar availability of those outside your organization who also use Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Participants show video only to host

It would be great if participants in a meeting could show their video feed ONLY to the host. I use Teams to teach high school, and I think my students would feel more comfortable turning on their cameras if they knew I was the only one who could view their video. It makes it easier for the teacher to teach, while removing some of the self-consciouness of being on camera.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can we remove the feature that automatically changes the "available" status to "away" status after stepping awayr

Can we remove the feature that automatically changes the "available" status to "away" status after stepping away from the computer for a few mins?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reply to a chat while in a Teams file in another channel or Team

While in a file in Teams, it would be a nice feature if users could respond to chat message without leaving the Team's file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Select Individual People to Collaborate on Whiteboard

When in a meeting and using the interactive whiteboard, it would be more useful if the presenter could do more than select only they can edit or everyone can edit. I'd like to be able to easily select who can edit and be able to change who immediately and fluidly without having to close out of the whiteboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open microphone

Teams should show a user a large icon or image when their microphone is open, to avoid accidents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base