Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Workaround for AFK message in Meetings

As a workaround for an AFK message in Meetings, you can add a background with the word "Away" or whatever you like and then when you are away, select that background.

Hope this is helpful to others that want an AFK feature in Meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams Client App - Block Sharepoint/OneDrive access for UnManaged Devices

We currently have to block Teams for users on UnManaged devices via a CA Policy to ensure they cant download files to their local PCs thus we restrict users to the Web App of Teams. However these people really need the client app version as chat/online meeting functionality is 10x better.

All i want is for unmanaged devices to have access to the client app of Teams but we can restrict access to OneDrive & Sharepoint.

Can this be done? We dont want to rely on DLP and AIP for this, we want files blocked.

Cant understand why CA policy…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Virtual Breakroom

We now have a meeting called "breakroom" it is scheduled all day/everyday and can be seen at the top of our calendar marked as "free" We encourage everyone to make it a part of their day, and our new remote culture — where they can join co-workers, have fun, swap ideas and get to know each other better!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If you could make it user intuitive like Skype that would be great, also the permanent record of IM conversations is an overatep of privacy

Simplify your use of program, i.e. I want to have a full control of my page as simple as Skype was. To create a team of my pears, approximately 30 in about ten minutes. Like Skype, I could see my peers real time status, green yellow red etc. I could click on an individual's name on the team list and IM, and delete conversation at my choosing....NOT hide it? I learned Skype for business in about a day overall, IM, meetings, etc. Teams is just not user intuitive "fast and simple"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to view "number of attendees" in Teams Live event with an external encoder

I would like to view "number of attendees" in Teams Live event with an external encoder. Today I can´t see how many has joined the event when using an external encoder, which is visible at the top of the screen when using the Teams option setting instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make a thing were not evreyone can send a urgent message

if evreyone can send them it easy to spam them and they can bypass dnd thats bassicly lets say i spam 10 messages evrey 2 mins all get 10 notifcations so 200 overal as they last 20mins and thats only 10 msg what if i spam 100 1000 notifcations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams should not have attendees

Give everyone permission to share there ideas and anyone can start meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams on Xbox for School Universal Remote Learning

Right now, most of the children in America and the world have to attend school remotely due to the Covid-19. Many of them including my own, are attending classes via Team, this include math session, reading sessions sciences sessions, and PE session. It will be an outstanding experience for the kids if the can do PE via kinect teacher will have a better look of what kids are doing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to give Planner different permissions than the Team it's embedded in

I have a leadership team channel that needs to be confidential. however, we have a Planner that often needs to delegate tasks to other members of the organization. I'd like to be able to expand permissions on the Planner but only give people visibility to their own tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove files from Teams

Please add a delete button or sync up OneDrive and Teams to allow for documents to removed. Why a file would remain once it has been deleted is confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Joining Team by Link

My professor gave me a link to join a team with, and when I clicked join team it says request sent. However, my professor said that on his end, it says I am a part of the team channel. On my end it still says requested and that I'm not a part of the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide flexibility like Skype

Provide functionality like Skype where user can call from teams mobile and can present the desktop from PC teams software if same user has logged in at both side

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. La maestra pueda controlar los micrófonos de los estudiantes

Al dar la clase la maestra, algunos estudiantes no saben o se les olvida apagar el micrófono y la conferencia se ollé el eco. Por eso pienso que debe ser la maestra que controle los micrófonos para poder atenderla mejor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please remove small screen of host

Please remove small coloums of participants only host screen will appear . participants screen only appears when participants is seeking .make video quality better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please remove small screen of host

Please remove small coloums of participants only host screen will appear . participants screen only appears when participants is seeking .make video quality better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ライブ イベントの作成時のデフォルトについて

■Title(件名):

ライブ イベントの作成時のデフォルトについて

About defaults when creating live events

■Description(内容):

新しくライブ イベントを作成する時、アクセス許可セクションにて、組織全体が既定で選択されています。
    この既定値をユーザーとグループ、パブリックに変更できる機能を要望いたします。

When creating a new live event, the entire organization is selected by default in the permissions section.
    We would like to request the ability to change this default value to users, groups, and public.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. File replace dialog box disappears

When I try to send a file, if the same file was already sent to another Team Member, there is some dialog box which ask if the file should be "replaced". If this dialog box is covered by some other window (which is always the case if you drag&drop a file from a folder) it disappears and cancels the file send.

This makes sending of the file very hard and inconvenient because you need to move the overlapping window before the dialog box appears.

Please remove this dialog box and always replace the file, or at least make it to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Emoji for can i call

if we can have emoji for like "Can i Call Now" something like that, which we can use before calling anyone.
    for WFH asking before calling is a good practice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to set location in Shift per group/ Shift

We have lots of contractors that work around the UK so being able to add location clock in for per group and per shift would be so useful. By us putting the address in it would come up in the info of the shift on the users end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base