Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "all monitors" desktop sharing option like Skype client

"All monitors" desktop sharing option missing from Teams

Desktop sharing in Teams includes sharing 1 monitor OR sharing 1 app... in Skype for business client there is also sharing "All Monitors". When used, a presenter with two monitors will present a view showing both monitors in one window. The viewer can see both of the presenters screens in the one window. They can view this on one monitor or stretch this window across two monitors to make it much bigger and easier to see.

2,978 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

342 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2,764 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

662 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

2,596 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

266 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

2,214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

494 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

2,067 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

6. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

2,039 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

7. Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

1,927 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

290 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete bot messages

With the Polly bot, sometimes a member of one of my Teams will make an error while writing out a poll. Currently it is not possible to remove this poll, or, as far as I can tell, any message that is created by a bot.

It would be great to be able to delete messages created by bots.

1,922 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

347 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move a wiki page to a different channel

After writing an extensive wiki page in an existing channel, it became large enough to have it's own channel. Moving the page over to the new channel was very cumbersome because all the sections and formatting gets lost when copying over the text. I see that a page can be moved up or down within the wiki itself, but there is not option to move it to a different channel and believe this feature should be added.

Thanks,
    Kevin

1,869 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still on the backlog. No new information to share at this time.

-Warren

10. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

1,691 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  225 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,671 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

240 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Shared channels within an organization

Shared channels within an organization will allow people in different teams to collaborate on a shared project or v-team in the context of their own teams. A channel can be shared across teams in the same organization.

1,387 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  93 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

1,237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Start calendar week on monday (or allow setting)

Using the desktopversion, when I want to plan a meeting, my weeks start on Sunday. I'm used to weeks starting on Monday, so I spent half an hour planning (and replanning) meetings.

1,025 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, start day for the week and the work-week are set based on your language in Settings in Microsoft Teams. The Calendar team has work on the backlog to address the case where users may want a different week/work-week start day than is usual for their language setting.

Until then, the team wanted to share this workaround for setting the work-week start day via OWA, while leaving your language settings as-is.

- Open Outlook Web Access (“OWA”), and go to the Settings panel, as described in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/office/calendar-settings-in-outlook-web-app-84544ef2-d5cf-4696-bcb3-cc87719a3e07.
    - In the OWA Settings, click “View all Outlook Settings”
    - Use the settings under “Show work week as” to choose your work-week days.
    - Click “Save”
    - Return to Teams, click on your photo/initials at the top right and choose “Sign Out”

15. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

804 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

780 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  42 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Live Events Mute/Unmute Participants for Q&A

Allow the producer to unmute/mute participants if they ask a question. So the experience could be, a person asks a question in Live Events, the Producer selects them and announces "We have a question from Bob" and then unmutes Bob and allows Bob to verbally ask his question.

735 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Invite entire team to meeting

Not sure when this changed, but it's no longer possible to invite an entire team to a meeting. Hosting in the general channel allows anyone to join the meeting, but no one receives an actual invite alerting them that the meeting exists.

724 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shared Channels across organizations

Shared channels across organizations will allow people in an organization other than yours to collaborate on a shared project or v-team.

709 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  24 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

678 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base