Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. some times after refering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

Hmm couldnd figure out where to file a bug? So, this "idea" is actually considered a bug!

some times after referering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Is this still happening for you? Votes have dropped off so I hope this has resolved. Please let me know!

Please comment in this thread your response.

Warren

2. Windows 7 has a banner indicating "Quiet Hours is enabled" and you will not get any team messages..

Windows 7 has a banner indicating "Quiet Hours is enabled" so you won't get notifications for calls and messages in Teams. However, Windows 7 has no Quiet Hours settings to turn this off.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

4. Half of my screen goes missing

sometimes it scrolls down and I get a gigantic footer that takes half of my screen. The upper half still shows the content but when i scroll only the upper part scrolls the content. I have to ctrl +R to fix the problem temporary.

I can share a screenshot if that helps...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Could you please share some screenshots of what you are experiencing when you scroll? Also would appreciate if you could call out is it happening on Web or Desktop?

Thanks!
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior PM, Microsoft Teams

5. Members Can Add New Members Through SharePoint

There is a permission security hole. Members can add other members to a Team by using the SharePoint online interface and editing the group membership. Only Owners should be able to add new members. There is also no log of this in the general channel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Patrick,

For public teams, this is a feature. That makes it easier for IT admins to create teams.

However, for private teams, this is not possible. Can you please see if the team you’re looking at is private or public?

Thanks,
    Suphatra

6. Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

7. Use shifts to allocate roles and responsibility - i.e allocate an alias

All the specification of a role/responsibility for each shift that can then be use to identify or @ a user.
    For example lets say I assigned an on-call shift '8pm-8am as 1st floor on-call' then I gain the alias @first-floor-on-call for the duration of the shift so someone can @GeorgeHarvey or @first-floor-on-call, both will come to me, except when my shift ends @first-floor-on-call is then forwarded to the next user, and they can see any outstanding tasks/messages due for @first-floor-on-call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. Can you please explain a bit more about this scenario? I am trying to understand what is applicable for the Shifts app vs. general group/1:1/channel chat. Thank you!

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

8. Pixel XL

I have an issue where if I'm using the mobile app and I'm actively engaged in a chat or a team thread, any time a user posts or replies it doesn't populate in the thread I'm staring at. It pops up a notification along with sounds an audible notification. If I click on the pop up it refreshes the thread and shows the reply and/or post.

That's super obnoxious and I can't locate a tweak in the settings to fix this. Is this a bug? User error? I really do not enjoy the mobile app strictly because of this issue.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

This sounds like a bug. On your mobile device, please go to ‘Settings > Report an Issue’ on your Teams app to send us logs.
    We’ll investigate the issue!

-Warren

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.