Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. share screen desktop mac doesn't work

When trying to share my screen desktop in a teams-meeting i get the instruction to enable Teams in "Screen recordings" but it's already enabled. This happende with the last update.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ctrl+Enter for line break, like in Slack and Skype

Use cntrl+enter for a new line (break) within the application (like Slack allows)
    Since if you press cntrl+enter it responds by sending the message since there is an enter in the keystroke

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

In Teams, the shortcut is Shift+Enter. Try that — it should create a linebreak for you.

Also, you can always just click the little “A” in the compose box (on the lower left side of the compose box) to expand the compose box, and this turns the “Enter” key into a line break.

3. Ability to Change Team Type

When I set up a team, because it's a work team I selected Staff. That gave me the staff notebook and all associated weirdness.

I want to just have my old normal notebook back, but every time I delete all the sections (Collaboration, Content Library, section group for every team member) they respawn.

Now I know this, I'm going to have to nuke the current team, and recreate it with the settings for "anyone" rather than "staff" and copy all my stuff across.

Just being able to change the team type would fix all of this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Live editing of tabbed documents

This would apply to all things. I find it cumbersome that I need to open a new tab to edit the document that is right in front of me. Would love to be able to edit right there in that tab and see others doing the same. Collaboration levels would increase.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use Teams to replace Cisco Tele-Presence

We would like to use Teams and decommission our Cisco video conference room equipment. We need to lock video from site A to display to site B and in turn have site B lock on site A.

Today the current video options allow multiple screens at one time and the conference room get reduced to either 50% or 25% depending on the number of participants that join from home or phone. We have two large offices in the US and this request is mainly for our executive team, key influencers and budget approvers.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After update on MAC - notifications are missed

There have been many times where teams has updated while it’s been minimized on my machine, causing me to not see any new messages until the next time I’ve manually re-opened and logged in again.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Describe most common use cases, and best practices

I see that some people are already deep into MS Teams. However before we jump into MS Teams, we want to see some use cases and how to use Sharepoint, MS Office user groups, Skype for Business, and MS Teams in those use cases.
    For instance a use case could be as follows:
    The food processing plant wants to add 3 mixers. The plant manager needs to talk first with the CFO about its cost break even analysis and ROI, with purchasing about possible vendors and mixer costs, with plant people about installation, training and usage, and with the warehouse…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is GREAT feedback. Thank you! We’re working on a blog series and we’ll be sure to include use cases, thanks to your feedback.

Meanwhile, please see this website for adoption and best practices for Teams: www.successwithteams.com

Let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

9. Mark message as unread so I can return to it

Mark message as unread so I can return to it and read it later. Marking messages is good for other cases (eg. to have in hand company info/links/etc.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Use the “bookmark” function instead. In the upper right side of every message in Microsoft Teams, is a little bookmark icon. If you click that, it will save that message or thread in your “Saved” tab, which you can access by clicking your face in the upper left corner of the app.

10. Less like Chat, more like Threads

People don't really use the reply in Chat very much. So when everyone is creating a new conversation there are a ton of UI elements all over the place making the whole window very cluttered.

I'd suggest adding a Subject Line to the conversation so that there is a quick summary though for the thread.

Then it would be nice to be able to click into that thread so you don't see all of the other chats.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We actually do have a subject line.

If you click the little pencil in your text field, the text field will expand and you can write a title for your message.

11. Add group (DL/Sec group) to a Team by using the admin portal

It is now not possible to add a distribution or security group from the Teams admin portal.
    This is also not possible by using PowerShell.

I would be nice if administrators can manage this throughout the admin portal or using PowerShell.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office 365 Homework Tracker!

Hello everyone,

I am a high school English teacher and have been using Office 365 apps for a while now. I am a great believer in the positive impact that ICT tools have on student engagement and effective teaching. Furthermore, I have been promoting the use of ICT in my faculty and with my colleagues, especially with reducing the amount of paper work we accumulate. Consequently, I believe the addition of a new feature will greatly encourage teachers to use Office 365. The new feature that I am proposing is a Homework Tracker for teachers. Homework is a critical part…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
    Thanks for sharing the information. We currently do have a product Microsoft Teams Assignments which has the similar feature that you described above. Please take a look at these articles (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-teams-5aa4431a-8a3c-4aa5-87a6-b6401abea114?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US ) which will help you understand the work flow of the product and implementation. Hope you like the product and join us in the journey to make teachers life easy.

Thanks,
    Sai

13. Windows Insider-like Teams bug reporting

We're having a number of issues with Teams (Connectors apparently not connecting, slow notifications in general, etc etc) which do not seem to fit into this UserVoice forum for future suggestions. I'm hesitant to use the help forum, as Suphatra has noted that it's not actively monitored by the Teams team (!), but I also don't want to actively fill this forum with bug reports.

Is there a best practices for filling out bug reports? The Windows Insider team is doing a good job with this, might there be something similar in here?

For the record, I don't seem to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kip, it’s Suphatra.

So, right now I’m not outfitted to triage bugs from the general public. Then I’d never see my family, and I’m pretty sure they aren’t down with that. Right now we’re validating and bug triaging only from beta customers and internally, but that will change over time as the product matures.

I have added a category in UserVoice called “Bugs” (I just added it today!). So that people can view and vote on bugs that have happened to them. I’d like to see if we find patterns of bugs.

For now, I hope that helps. You can always email me or ping me on Twitter at @skprufo if a bug has really ruined your day.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

14. Unnecessary "You're missing all the action" e-mails

Since today, we (me and colleagues) receive several e-mails per day telling us "You're missing all the action" whilst we've already read all the messages that were addressed to us. The e-mail looks like we missed some messages and in that case, it would be very useful. Now that we already read all our messages, it feels as very annoying that we still get those. I guess the "read all" is not synced correctly per user...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for the feedback, have you tried changing your Notifications under settings (you can find this by clicking on your picture in the lower left part of your screen). You can customize the type of notifications you receive from Teams.
    -Brooke

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Aw shucks, but I like this featur! :-)

Try using those back buttons when you’re in a video call and you’ll find it useful too, I promise.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

16. Can we please have more rooms available to book for meetings e.g. Capita House and Capita Park meeting and 121 rooms?

Have more rooms available to book for TEAMS meeting e.g. those in Dearne Valley

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there and thank you for posting a suggestion in our public Teams UserVoice. Your request isn’t controlled by our product but instead by internal IT. They manage the resource list that appears in the product. I’d suggest reaching out to the IT dept. and issuing a ticket to make your suggestion. Thanks again! Microsoft Teams

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base