Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest access should be implemented at the Channel level

Once I enabled guest access on the tenant I can enable guest access to a team, but I can't give guest access to a single channel. There should be a way to do this as I will now need to create a guest team and an internal team when I share teams with customers.

1,359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

68 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Still in the works, no additional details are available yet.

-Warren

2. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

3. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,092 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

286 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

4. Follow and unfollow conversation thread

Hi,

This idea is not new. Currently we have a lot of unnecessary notifications and i believe we need flexible options to either get rid of them or setup banner/alert. And we already got "Follow channel" option in the latest update:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925461-allow-different-notifications-options-on-teams-and

I think we should go forward and improve conversation/thread notifications.It's very annoying when you replied to the conversation and then it becomes spamming. You have no option to unfollow this conversation and keep receiving notifications. From the other hand, there are conversations where you either not mentioned directly by @ tag or not replied yet but want to…

1,056 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still working away on this feature request. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

5. Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video…

1,053 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

1,032 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

175 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still in the works. I hope to have more updates soon. I’ll keep you posted.
    -Warren

7. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting.…

908 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

865 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mute a channel is still being worked upon. The team is still hard at work on this item. No updates at this time.

-Warren

9. Support for http and not only https

Only possible to use HTTPS urls as tabs. Would be nice if HTTP would work as well.

860 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still in the works. I don’t have a timeline yet, but I hope to have some more details to share in the coming weeks.

I know how important this and am working on getting more feedback for you.

-Warren

10. Open in Word/Excel/PowerPoint as Default

It would be great if Teams would have the ability to always launch the desktop app when opening Office documents as opposed to launching the online version.

Rest of teams is awesome.

784 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still in the works. No additional updates are available at this time. I’ll keep you posted as I hear more.

-Warren

11. Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

690 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the works, no new details to share yet.
    -Warren

12. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It…

678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

673 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sharepoint tab linked to a list, a library or even a specific view

At present, when adding a SharePoint tab, you can only link to a site. Since sites may be shared among several teams, team members will still have to browse the site to find material relevant for the actual channel. It would be nice if a tab could pull up a specific custom list, library or even a specific view of a library. That would keep stuff on the site in context for that particular channel.

645 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the works.

Also, thank you for the additional feedback. I will circle back to the feature team and provide a new update soon.
    -Warren

15. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

631 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

16. Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

599 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, I’ve gotten a number of emails reporting this bug is back. Augh! Sorry about that.

I’ve let the team know so we can find-and-kill this bug. Will let you know when a fix is deployed.

Suphatra

17. Developer API to read/create teams and channels in them.

Slack has dev api to list teams/channels and perform bunch of management operations. It would be great if there's something similar available in Microsoft Teams as well.

592 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the works. I’m waiting for additional details from the feature team and hope to be able to share something more detailed soon.

-Warren

18. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

584 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

19. Have end users change participant settings (lobby settings) for Teams meetings

Just like with Skype for Business have a setting that allows our end users to change the participant settings for Teams Meetings as described here for Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-participant-settings-for-skype-for-business-meetings-9175e297-de5f-43b2-8e0f-85cc05e24986

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
    1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
    Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has now moved to “working on it”. The team is actively working on this request and I will share more details as they become available.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base