Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share video and audio during meetings

During meetings we need to be able to share an online video with team members. Videos could be in Stream or Youtube or Vimeo or others. And this includes sharing the video sound. Currently we use normal Teams screen sharing, but all team members on the call can either hear or see, the video/audio are always asynchronous.

1,539 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

314 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Share video and audio during meetings is released on Windows. Mac support is now planned for CY20Q3.

Note: Live events support for video and audio is tracked in this item – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38470144.

Please refer to this page for more info on this feature: https://support.office.com/article/share-system-audio-in-a-teams-meeting-dddede9f-e3d0-4330-873a-fa061a0d8e3b.

Thanks!

2. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

1,506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

170 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TO DO

Add Microsoft To Do into Teams via Tab or connector. I can add WunderList but not To Do

1,349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Introduce Freedesktop dbus notifications for Linux

Teams currently uses a custom notification which can't be controlled, and it breaks in tiling window managers such as Sway or i3. (Steals focus and position is always on the middle of the screen.)

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Teams-Developer/Teams-for-Linux-does-not-use-Freedesktop-dbus-notifications/m-p/1070215

1,290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Join Meeting Button

When I schedule a meeting as a Skype Meeting it adds a "Join Meeting" button to the Outlook reminder that pops up. That button does not exist when I schedule a Teams Meeting. It should.

Without that button I have to double click to go into the calendar item, locate the hyperlink to "Join Teams Meeting", click that, which opens my web browser, and then the web browser tries to launch the Teams app, but first asks me for confirmation, which requires another click. You've added several layers of unnecessary clicks which impede my ability to join a meeting.

Just…

1,083 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Clicking on the join button in an Outlook reminder takes you to the browser to launch Teams today. The work to bypass the browser and directly launch Teams is being worked on. We’ll update when we have more details.

6. Keep Tab in Memory when Switching to Chat / Other Tab - Prevent Loss of Edits, Files, Login credentials

Issue Summary:
    Switching from a Tab to Chat / Teams / Other Tabs causes the Tab to close, causing you to have to reopen the Tab (actually having to navigate to it again inside the team). This will reload the tap and all content before the Switching will be lost.

Issues:
    1. Tabs open in Team gets reset - when switching between Teams in Team View
    2. Tabs reload - when switching between Chat and Team View
    3. Content (edits, files etc) on Tab gets lost (Happens both for to Issue 1 and 2)
    4. It makes you re-sign-in to…

1,053 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

190 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Flashing Icon in task bar for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

988 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It means I…

933 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
    1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
    Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

871 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has now moved to “working on it”. The team is actively working on this request and I will share more details as they become available.

-Warren

10. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

846 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

836 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. meet now mobile

Please allow the ability to "Meet Now" on mobile. Desktop version on PC has that capability, but Android and iOS apps do not.

761 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

730 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search Public and Private Teams

Users report its very difficult for their peers to find a team that they have created. This hinders their ability to increase team membership.

Other users report its frustrating that they can't just search ALL the teams at their organization -- that only a small fraction are surfaced to them in their "Suggested" view.

The capability to view Public Teams when you click on "Create Team" is great.

HOWEVER... it would be a better user experience if there was a prominent button or link called "Search for Teams".

Teams needs this discovery capability to avoid the duplication of Team areas…

638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately we hit some snags and this has moved back to “working on it”. The team is working to make some corrections and I hope to have a release date in the near future. I’ll keep you posted with what I hear.
    -Warren

15. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

634 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PSTN Reverse Number Lookup (show username from Address book not PSTN number) in Teams Toast and Call History

When a PSTN user calls you on Microsoft Teams, if the number is in the address book I would like to be presented with the users name on the toast, not just the PSTN number. The same for call history or anywhere else a PSTN number appears in the client

580 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

527 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow sending audio and video message

Allow users to send Audio and Video message just like WhatsApp and other messages tools.

500 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Great news! We just started working on this for the AUDIO portion. We are still trying to determine feasibility for the video portion of your request.

-Suphatra

19. @Tag without selection

Current when @Tagging someone you have to type @PartOfTheirName then wait for the dialog to pop up, then hit tab or enter click the desired name (Person, Channel, Team). If you fail to use the dialog the @Tag fails to work even if you match the name perfectly.

What we'd like to see is typing @Name or @ChannelName or @TeamName just works even without using the dialog.

432 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m excited to share that I got to use this in our experimental settings the other day. We’ve built it and are testing it internally. I’ll let you know once it moves up in the validation rings!

Suphatra

20. Search results should show the full thread

Searching for something works (mostly), however if the thing you're search for is sufficiently far back in time, then it's nigh impossible to actually get results back. Clicking the message says "go to chat to see the rest", but clicking on that does nothing but take you back to the chat at the current time, rather than the target message. If you bookmark the message and try to get at the location in chat via that, then the client just lags and eventually crashes. (while chewing up 100% CPU) Tried the desktop client (developer preview), web client Chrome, web client…

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base