Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to specify different colors for different teams

During testing of Teams app we found that users are quite often confused in regards to which team they are posting (specifically when they post to 'general' channel) - I think ability to assign different colors for different teams (by the owners/admins) would be helpful and could help to reduce amount of mistakes.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately it was declined to decline this feature request.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    -Warren

2. Screen Space

Don't restrict the width of the screen space for channel conversations, if my monitor is wide enough, adjust the display to fill up all the available space.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move channel folders to Teams folder

The foldere that contain the files for each channel are stored in the main Documents library of the SharePoint site. This can be confusing as to what documents are part of the Teams channels and what are just on SharePoint. Please move the channel file folders into a "Teams" folder, so that all files from Teams are together and easy to identify.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been declined by the feature team. However, the feature team is working on design changes to better help differentiate Teams files.
    Which hopefully will help alleviate the confusion users are experiencing when when trying to identify SharePoint files versus Teams files.

-Warren

4. Remove OneNote Tab from Channel

Now that Teams adds a Wiki tab by default to each Channel, I'd like to remove the previous default OneNote tab from each Channel.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team has reviewed this item and decided to decline it at this time.

-Warren

5. automatically remove Teams canceled meetings from outlook calendar

When a user cancels a Teams meeting, it would be nice if we didnt have to click "remove from calendar" in outlook to remove that from the outlook calendar. please remove automagically

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the feature team has declined this feature request.

-Warren

6. 107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feature team thanks you for the feedback but it isn’t truly actionable.

More concrete suggestions are recommended such as, “Please create a more compact chat layout” or “Increase density of the UI text elements”

-Warren

7. Windows app should stay minimized to system tray

The Windows app keeps appearing as an active app in my app bar, even after I've closed the app so it is only in the Windows system tray.

Apparently receiving a notification causes the app to jump from the system tray to the app bar - and that shouldn't happen.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been declined.

Currently if you have the Teams app set to run in the background upon clicking the “X” in the upper right, the app stays active only in the system tray. If you receive chat messages, it still remains in the SysTray.

However, if you get an @mention, the focus pulls it to the Taskbar. This is by design since you are getting directly mentioned and some action is typically expected. This is a key design element which the team does not wish to deviate from.

We appreciate the suggestion but will respectively decline it at this time.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion.
    -Warren

8. Search bar location

The search/command bar in the middle of the very top of the window is not a very good location. Decades of UI/UX work to train users to click there to DRAG the window and now it's a giant search box. Perhaps the ability to move it to a different place or make it expandable if you want to would be nice. Or option to hide it. But right in the middle of the top of the window is a terrible place.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team has decided to decline this request after careful consideration. Thank you for the suggestion and all the feedback.

-Warren

9. Automatically place the pointer to chat/text input

Whenever I receive a notification and I click on it with the mouse, I then have to click a second time in the chat box before I can start typing. From usability perspective this is very annoying. Whenever you receive a notification from someone, and click on the notification bubble, you should be able to directly start responding to this person.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hate to bring bad news, but the feature team has declined this feature request.

-Warren

10. @mention like yammer

I would really like to be able to @mention a user who is not in a Teams Team (public or private) or a Channel but a conversation only, similar to how Yammer does it. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/External-messaging-FAQ-Yammer-35b59d6c-bb1c-4541-bf19-9f67d2f2b199 .

I feel this would then stop the massive list of Teams being added to my left hand navigation and it would also mean I would not need access to the whole Teams team to collaborate.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately the feature team has declined this request.

Thank you for your feedback.
    -Warren

11. Khmer Language Support

Please add Khmer language support

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. windows 10 mobile

I would like to have a fully functional live-tile for Teams on Windows 10 Mobile with text snippets of the latest interesting posts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been declined due to the shift with Win10 mobile devices.
    -Warren

13. edge download manager

it would be better if edge uses built in own download manager to
    download torrents and other files at high speed with download priority option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please use the Feedback Hub which is a Microsoft Store app; (requires Windows 10) to submit your feedback in the Microsoft Edge category.

This site is for Microsoft Teams feedback only.

-Warren

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

It’s by design. English text on your screenshot is a meeting title. It’s set by a meeting organizer. Users (a meeting organizer and a user who proposes different time) have set different UI languages: Dutch and German correspondingly.

- Natasha (Microsoft)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make this forum work with Chrome (Cannot accept T&Cs for first post)

I had to move to edge and paste the URL across in order to post my problems.

Woe. Is. Me.

:p

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sinhala Language Support

Please add Sinhala language support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. conversations are confusing

keeping a conversation going in a single thread seems to be confusing for some people. often they just start typing a new thread as a reply to a previous one. Maybe update the size and boldness of reply or make it more apparent that you are starting a new conversation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base