Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Availability for specific days and viewable for everyone

We are using Shifts to make schedules for our service desk. We are missing a few features when it comes to availability:

• You can only set a default availability for every week. We would love to see that for specific days so that the shift leader can see when every teammember is available for work.

• Thereby the teammembers would like to see what the availability of the rest of the team is. With this feature being implemented the team can see with who they can trade shifts when they want to take a day off in a already published week.
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cursor should not lose context when navigating away from the Wiki page

When editing a Wiki page in Microsoft Teams, if I Alt-Tab to a new window, the Wiki loses context of where my cursor was positioned when I navigate back to the Wiki. I have to scroll / reselect the location I was editing in the file before I navigated away.

This creates a surprisingly cumbersome UX, as I find that I Alt-tab navigate to other windows frequently as I collect info to update the Wiki.

Feature Requested: When a user temporarily navigates away from a Wiki page, the system should keep the editing / cursor context, so they can continue…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need banner alerts when phone not in use- black screen but not off - that can be clicked to get to message

Need banner alerts when phone not in use- black screen but not off - that can be clicked to get to message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Always Close when I try to go to my Wiki

Why the name or how we changed the named on line for the same we changed on my PC ???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Menu choice

You need to permit that the user can define which menu he wants to see as soon as he opens the app. For exemple: if I want to use teams main as chat, I want to see the chat as soon as I enter the app.

Now, I always need to see the main page first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Request a feature for a team deletion from the Teams section on Microsoft Teams admin center

I would like to manage a team on Microsoft Teams admin center, so I would like you to implement a feature to delete a team via Microsoft Teams admin center > Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Come on even simple "Compy image" doesn't work!

Come on even simple "Compy image" doesn't work! ?????????????????????????????????????????????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Seems you have similar to Group Facetime Bug discover last year

If I am part of any teams meeting as invitee or even as participant who has accepted the invite, in both cases, when I DO NOT join the meeting and if I have my teams signed in on any device, any conversation during the teams meeting that happens on chat window, I can see it in realtime as well as history on my teams chat section. I don't think this is feature but a bug which is allowing someone not part of meeting see what is there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How can I transfer Apple mail EML files to Outlook MSG files?

I was trying to convert EML files to MSG files. And want to migrate data quickly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like the ability to have more than one team file open at a time.

I would like the ability to have more than one team file open at a time. I have looked for this option and don't find the option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get the URL of apps of Microsoft Teams

I want to get the url of the apps of Microsoft Teams,
    for share the apps to others,

not just the apps itself, the apps web site to recommend.

Currently, Windows Store can get the url of each apps using share button.
    I hope also get the url of each apps of Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No Whole Desktop Screensharing

When I'm using the app on my desktop, MacOS Mojave, there's no way to share my whole desktop. I'm forced to choose a browser or application. Seems like a basic necessity that you guys have totally missed...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Consistency

Make the chat windows consistent! What is the difference between chat window and channels? What is the porpose? I do not get it... One vhat eindow should be enough. I can not limit people in various channels in teams but i can do that in chat, I can put bots/connectors in channels but not in chat. I need to change always channels and chats all the time! To confusing, to cumbersum, not lightweigh not easy to use!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tag a chat message for team reference

Chat in teams is a great feature for enabling groups to triage issues, especially as you can choose to share the history with new people brought into the session. However, sometimes important information can get lost in the thread - especially the long running ones.
    Having the ability to flag a message as a "key point" and be able to quickly filter the messages in a chat for "key points" would help team members to quickly find the information they need to come up to speed without reading through the entire chat thread.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. takes weeks to see new member profile picture

a team member set his profile pic weeks ago. Never appeared from my android app. I uninstalled the Teams app and reinstalled and only then his picture appeared.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The integration between Skpe and Outlook is week

1. Put work into MS Office integration (i.e., Outlook)

2. Need to establish some neutral protocol to communicate with WEBEX Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have a central library of files available (without folders) enable users to locate a document in a Team

Finding a file when your clear which channel it's under is straight forward however if you're new to teams it can be confusing. This would enable you to see a list of all files on the teams site. Ideally enabling you to filter by metadata.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base