Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Microsoft Teams in China

For company in China if they use O365 China version, they will not use Skype for business with sharepoint. Instead, they are using something else which is equivalent to Teams. for channel conversion, doc sharing, planning, action items, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. email chat Option in every Reply

I would be great that Team have an option to Email everything in a chat , this is for archive purposes , since my organization need that any conversation need to be documented via Email

This would be a nice addition to Team that is already super good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channels with my org domain instead of teams.ms

Right now when i look up the email address for one of my channels underneath a team it gives me a teams.ms address. I was hoping to setup an email that is a little bit easier to remember.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. call from a website phone number "callto:" on android teams client

On android phones, if you hit a callto: link on a website it pulls up a list of available apps to make the phone call. regular VOIP clients including skype pop up, besides the phone native dialer.

I would like Teams to also be an option when doing that, so I can call phone numbers from a website directly on teams as I use a calling plan with Teams already and can make regular PSTN calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Es fehlt die Möglichkeit „appear offline“ als Status zu setzen.

Wie in Skype for Business sollte es auchbinnTeams die Mogeleien geben, sich „unsichtbar“ zu machen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When minimized, view just the call dial panel when in Call Mode.

Now you have to click Calls, Dial, then Activities to see it. Too many keystrokes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. scheduling

like Outlook, we should be able to schedule an out of office message. the lack of options right now make it difficult to have an away message .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. noise

NEED a sounds for when messages come in. the icon at the bottom of the screen is not visible enough and I do not know that I have a message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add another category of messages - below standard, as low. AI driven delivery at times of low activity.

Chat can be at times a hammer for communication when only a feather is needed. Messages can disrupt your workflow or take you off track when you are trying to finish some other task. We are often blind to how busy/engaged a user is and want to ask them a question only if they are not busy (in a metting or setting the "busy" icon isn't always possible, some people always have it set to "busy". If you could set a message to low - if the user is not actively chatting with someone esle or doing something else then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. COMPLAINT Seemless transition from Skype for Business to Teams

Guys, seems like you are yet again sitting backwards on the horse. Today the Teams message popped up in Skype for Business to update to Teams. When I did that I am told that the admin must set teams usage. Right now, I have all my contacts disappeared from Skype for Business, I can not call my colleagues, neither does Teams work. Did anyone consider that there are users with limited access rights, who would just simply want to work seemlessly? You are practically rocking the boat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TEAMS Guest access is NOT user friendly...please help

The current TEAMS is not user friendly for the purpose of bringing together a group of people from different organisations to collaborate. Too many issues getting them all on the same team and too many times they are denied entrance to the team. I believe teams can be the difference between a well manged process and a half-@$$ version. I have just decided to use Trello without the TEAMS to get to it. It is less difficult t0 access and still does everything I need it to do. But because we can't collaborate on the files its a problem. PLEASE…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide teams channels in Power BI

In the Power BI workspaces are shown Teams channels and workspaces made in PBI. Unfortunately we have plenty of channels where isn't any PBI-reports. Perhaps there could be a setting to hide O365 Groups in Power BI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can stocks app in MS team get access to top10 stocks market?

Actually stocks app give only quote of US market stock. Is it possible to extend to other major stock market in the world like london, francfurt, paris, Zurich and other big place.

Search can use market suffix to ease search, for example:
    If I search for ACA, I will have more than 10 stock, but I search for ACA.PA, I will have only "credit agricole" stock from Paris market.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get conversation history with personal account key

I want to get conversation history (including files) using my personal account as a key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Microsoft Access Files do not have use desktop application option. Can this be added?

Microsoft Access Files do not have use desktop application option. Can this be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Teams act like more Windows Explorer

1. Allow user to add more than 1 file at a time (multi-select) to Outlook email when pulling files from Teams

2. Allow user to edit the file tree (e.g., delete a file, create a folder, drag/move files) during the attach file process in Outlook when pulling files from Teams

3. Enable drag and move files in general in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Default Screen to be able to open so you can view all channels. This makes it easier when you are involved in numerous channels chats.

Rather then having to select through screens to view team channels. Can the iOS app either open at the Teams Channel list. Also ideally it would be great to have the number unread posts/conversation in each channel. Currently is is a bit clunky if you are in different channels and want to keep abreast of company updates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customize the Chat view.

I have my team organized by discipline so I want to open Chat on Contacts tab, with all my groups closed so I can quickly browse the names for the expertise I need. I also want to be able to close all the chats on the Recent tab, they just pile up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please Allow for Moving from One Company to Another

Mobile allows for this, but desktop doesn't. I work with a company that is a subsidiary of another and have two different Office emails. This means that I can only access one Microsoft Teams at a time in the desktop app.

I'm able to quickly move from one to the other on Microsoft Teams mobile, but not on desktop. My work around is having a browser version of M Teams in addition to my desktop version open at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Teams work with Federated domains!

Once we federate domains, what is the problem to get full features available ?

Why this is so restrictive? I don't see a problem to be able to search and talk to people on a FEDERATED domain ?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base