Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't create new plan from the Windows Desktop Program

Currently to create my own plan, I have to login to the web and click create new plan, I can't find a way in the Windows Team Planner Plugin to create new plan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files are not downloading on the desktop app.

We I add a file to a channel my co-workers cannot download it on the desktop app. They have to go onto the online version and the file download fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In Activity, under "Type a new message" -> Align the tool-tip at the top of the cursor

Hover over Format, Attachment, or any of the other items in this area and the tool tip appears at the bottom of the cursor (installed on a Windows 7) making it hard to read.

Placing the tool tip at the top of the cursor, eliminates this difficulty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send channel conversation to a new Wiki page

Some companies have to implement deletion retention policies. Because tacit knowledge, decisions, and idea can be captured in natural conversations, having the ability to immortalize and save that information from the conversation with a single click of a button would be extremely beneficial.

Example:
    We have a channel conversation going about how to accomplish a particular task. We decide that the conversation should be kept for long term search and use. We have an option in the menu of the conversation to send the conversation to a new page in the wiki.

This would be very much like the "Send…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sir In Team app we are facing hanging issue with this app, like if we are using it continuously then its working fine . if after some time w

Sir In Team app we are facing hanging issue with this app, like if we are using it continuously then its working fine . if after some time we will open and want do something then it will take around 1-2 min to take proper position to work due to this our

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. flow action to send message to a user

As Teams is eventually replacing Skype for Business, adding "Send an instant message" action is really a great to send some per user notification messages for example.

Regards,
    Mohammad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Translation error: If I want to pin a contant in Teams, it's translated to "pin code" (pinkode) in Danish.. Should be "Fastgør"

If I want to pin a contant in Teams, it's translated to "pin code" (pinkode) in Danish.. Should be "Fastgør".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How can I use VBA from an Excel spreadsheet to create a new chat in MS Teams?

Using VBA in Excel, I can send emails via MS Outlook to specific users. This works fine using VBA constructs like "CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), ".CreateItem(0)" and "created item.Send" for example. Our organisations wishes to embrace MS teams, so I need to be able to do the equivalent, that is cerate an MS teams application and chat instance, then compose the chat and "send" it. Rather than specifying an email address, I think I would specify a chat address of the form "@ user name", but that's as far I can figure out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I and my workmates can't receive video or audio calling on android phone

I and my workmates can't receive video or audio calling on android phone, what's wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use alternative OneNote for EDUcation

We can not add additional notebooks or point to a specific section yet in our EDU domain. Is this still on the roadmap?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Refresh on Tab Broken

Logged into desktop app and went to one of my tabs. NOTHING WAS THERE. Logged into the online version and found that it still was and that the desktop app must have been reflecting an empty TEST tab I'd created. See the screen shot for side by side comparison.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simple Tasks for T–Bot

It would be nice if T-Bot could perform simple tasks like remind me to do this at this time or remind me to follow up with such and such.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. why does she think she is posting this request in the team site?

It just occurred to me Monica thinks she is posting this request on some Team Site, which I could not find. Why does she think that is what she is doing?

If the attached is like this for everyone that sends a chat post on my personal page but thinks they are doing it from a team page, with 8 team sites and growing I will never be able to figure this out. I have looked on every team site and don't see her post and we are on multiple teams together.
    Much better to receive an email from her…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. what team is this?

Can you add a simple notation of what Team this conversation is coming from?

I checked all the conversation pages and don't see a match. Is this on my personal chat page and hence no reference? The layout is stiff and confusing and it would be best for us to delete/hide the conversation page altogether and continue with email and Skype. Too many places for too many global team member to go find a request, like in this screen shot. None of the suggestions make sense and the conversation page is just a clutter of timestamps and ads for apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. /bing

Add /bing to Command Bar to search for keywords.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base