Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow administrators to control the display of posts with information about users being added etc.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チームへユーザーを追加した情報などが表示される投稿欄を管理者側で制御したい。
    Allow administrators to control the display of posts with information about users being added etc.

■Description(内容):
    チームへユーザーを追加した情報などが表示される投稿欄を非表示にする機能及び、管理者がユーザーに変更させない機能の実装を要望します。

I would like to be able to hide the notification posts about users being added to the team, etc, and for admins to be able to prevent users changing this setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts - Activities - Do not update activity start and end times based on new shift time

When a shift start or end time is changed, Shifts automatically changes the activity times within the shift. This is an issue when you have multiple activities set up that you don't want to change. For example, a team member is scheduled to work 8-4 with an activities from 11-12, 12-2 & 3-4. If I roster them from 10-6 instead, I want to keep their activities as scheduled but Shifts automatically changes the activity times based on the new shift hours.

To fix this I have to save the new shift times, then go back and change all the activity…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Label for the "posts"

I would like to put a label to a posts, so you can have at the right part of the post a list of labels, and i can choose one label, and i will see only the messeages of this label.

Moreover, you can have "active label" and "historyc label", so when you finish a labeled matter, you can switch the label to historic label, and this label is not show at the right part of the posts screem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Message notifications disappear off the screen too quickly and there is no reminder

Message notifications disappear off the screen too quickly and there is no reminder (unlike Skype which keeps flashing in the Task bar). What we have found is that we have to Skype someone and tell them that we have messaged them in Teams which kind of defeats the purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete chatts

Delete chatts between me and someone,just as you do on your phone or other communication apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow owners of a channel to disable announcements in settings

An owner should be able to disable the setting that announces to all members of a Team Channel who has been added/removed.

I have reason to remove a member from a Team of which I am an owner — he is being asked to leave school — but although I will have to remove him from the Team I don’t want to have to do so in so public a manner, where anyone who looks in the General channel will see his removal announced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Meet Now icon in a channel should not be a video camera but something representing a meeting

The video camera is unintuitive and is easily confused with the Streams icon. Better to have a classic 3 heads icon to represent a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Editable shortcuts

Shifts and similar shortcuts may be useful for some. For others they have zero value, yet cannot be removed.

Make all shortcuts editable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For the love of god allow me to pin chats on mobile

Bumping old one obviously does nothing, so I am creating new one: For the love of god allow me to pin "real channels" aka "Chats" aka "chat groups" above users, with tears in my eyes, from depths of my tortured soul, I am begging you, oh mighty Microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OneNote Laserpointer

Es wäre hilfreich die Funktion eines Laserpointers bei OneNote zu haben. Dann müsste man nicht immer Bereiche markieren, um etwas im Unterricht zu zeigen, wenn man etwas über den geteilten Desktop zeigen möchte. Das wäre eine sehr hilfreiche Funktion 😊.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DESKTOP: Send message with option to send it discreetly or silently. (when receiving user is in a meeting or is presenting).

Send message with option to send it discreetly or silently. (when the receiving user is in a meeting or is presenting ).
    Eg: I want to send message, for eg to my manager but I don't want the message to show up on his screen when they presenting.

So an option to send discreetly while the user is presenting would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mobile app calendar view - cant go back

You can only go forwards in the calendar view. Please enable going back in the calendar view to see previous days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete historical versions for documents to save storage

We have a weekly meeting to review all sorts of KPIs covering different aspects of the business. So every week, we update a new Excel working file into Team, and multiple contributors can co-edit to update their portion.
    Since Team store every historical version, a 10M file will soon become 400M as we have many contributors and have lots of updates.
    Right now Team have a hard stop when I try to delete the historical versions which are no longer needed.
    We need a way to allow us to delete historical versions, otherwise, we are always running out of storage…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Online teaching. When presenting, be able to see students' video feeds alongside presentation window to pose questions and evaluate engageme

For teaching I need to be able to see/scroll through up to 32 participants. This is to check on engagement and evaluate understanding through body language & expressional cues. I need to ensure active involvement of every student through targeted questioning as concepts are developed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When we call someone, we can see if they declined it.

If someone declined a call, OR just can not get to Teams, it will tell you if the person declined that call, or the reason why they did not answer the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In Teams app, have the SharePoint tab link bring up the SharePoint app and not a browser.

It seems like poor design to have the SharePoint link in the teams app to open a browser instead of the SharePoint app. I must sign in on the browser each time. It would be much easier to just use the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mirror documents held in other team spaces and also from other sharepoints

enable a team space to share documents, via a link, from other separate team spaces and also from other sharepoint libraries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OneNote

I like to use OneNote to take notes during meetings - but the functionality to be able to quickly pull up a file to reference, have the meeting box open AND take notes isn't easy - - each time I navigate away from OneNote I have to relaunch it which makes it difficult.

Suggestion - can we make it so OneNote can be a separate Window?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to enter on Mute before being added to a group chat

When somebody is adding you to a group Meeting of already lot of people on the Meeting. There is no option to enter the group Meeting. You directly get added without Mute. This impacts already ongoing meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base