Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to Tag in Comments in Documents

In SharePoint Online, I can tag my colleagues when making a comment so they can get alerted to view that specific comment. If I open the document in Teams, then I lose that ability for some reason. I use the conversation feature for general ideas and overall discussions and comments for specific items within the document. I can only tag colleagues in a conversation thread but not in a comment. This is very inefficient for our document editing workflow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link the individual teams Planner calendar to the general user calendar

Would be helpful to have the individual team planner schedule linked to the outloook calendar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Like/Reaction Seen

When someone "likes" or "reacts" to a chat message to acknowledge that they understand it, there is a notification badge on the Activity tab, even though I might be staring right at it. I then have to click Activity tab, wait for it to load, and click, just to decrement the activity number about the reaction I just saw. I would like it if it could follow similar rules to the "seen" functionality, but if I don't see it after a certain amount of time, then the Activity tab would be an appropriate place to put it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meeting participants to draw on shared screen as important as Bill G. trying to find a vaccine

the non existence of this , keep the world behind, at times of a pandemic .
    the title of what we need is self explanatory.

just create a virtual screen to do the sketch , then share "2" screens , like when we do when we have 2 physical monitors. one for the app you sharing, and the other one the "transparent" screen with our scribbles.
    it could also scroll up and down together with the screen

it does not need to be perfect ,, ANYTHING WILL DO, we need it now !!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Raise Hand is too close to other buttons, leading to accidental presses

Recommend moving the "Raise Hand" button away from the More Actions and Show Conversation buttons and distinguishing it visually to avoid accidental presses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Monthly/Yearly Recap

At the end of the year, or month, provide an overview of the user's interactions within Teams. Similar to the Analytics emails, but are more geared towards conversations:
    - your most 'reacted' to message in a chat
    - your longest call/video meeting
    - the person you chat with the most
    - the person you call the most
    These would be more as fun snippets of information to summarize the user's month/year. These aren't based on performance metrics, but are interesting points that occurred during the timeframe. I think this would become something that is talked about throughout the company/Microsoft Teams…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug - the Wiki tab is duplicated when creating a new Team from an existing Team

Bug - the Wiki tab is duplicated when creating a new Team from an existing Team.

1. Create a new Team and don't change anything about it and it will include a Wiki tab.

2. Create another new Team as a copy of the existing Team and it will include two Wiki tabs.

3. Create a copy of the copy and you'll get three Wiki tabs.

I find the Wiki in Teams to be mostly useless and so would rather not include it at all, much less duplicate it. It is difficult to paste content into the wiki. It is difficult to copy…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove feature - Only users with video on occupy the screen

If there are 10 people on a call and only one turns on their video, that person's video occupies the whole screen. This is having negative effects! All this is doing is motivating people to not turn on their camera at all. We should still see all attendees on the screen, except some will be icons and some will be video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select color for leaving reason

e.g. Sick - red, day-off green, work from home - yellow and etc. This moment all request is grey..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Select group/departament manager which can approve vacation only.

Select group/departament manager which can approve vacation only. Also send email to ask for approve someone's vacation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Global Admins to remove messages or move to another channel

We are still getting into Teams at my company we currently have about 800 different Teams. I would be nice for Global Admins to be able to enter any Teams Channel and delete inappropriate messages. The issue happened where someone was being let go and went an posted a whole bunch of messages into multiple teams. We currently do not allow owners to delete since some of these items could be considered legal record. We would like Global Admins to be able to delete or move messages to private channels if they need to be saved for legal review or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Check User's Status before chatting for the first time

My company has thousands of employees spread over different time-zones. I want to check a user's status (available/busy/offline) before launching into a chat to say hello and introduce myself but Teams won't let me see their status until after I have started a chat.

We're transitioning from Skype to Teams and that's the one feature I still go back to Skype for.

It would be a simple change, now I type /chat PERSON'S NAME "hello :)" and press Enter to start a chat. Just let me type /chat PERSON'S NAME and press enter to start a chat instance, from there…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 x 3 video view in Android app

I use the 3 x 3 video view on my desktop. At work we use Chromebooks. In the Android app the 3 x 3 view is not available

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to identify who has mute me during the meeting?

Can we also display who has mute someone?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Renaming saved messages

I think there should be capability to rename Saved messages so that it can be easily referred back if there are various list of saved messages.

Ability to sort out/ filter saved messages per timeframe.

It's hard to rummage from list of saved messages like this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable sharing to switch easier

As a trainer I often need to switch between various presentations, whiteboard, video etc. So can:

1. Whiteboard be made available for Guests

2. Annotation feature be made available of sharing with Guests

3. A selection bar be made on the left hand side with various content, whiteboard lined up. The item you are sharing highlighted but you switch the share automatically when you select another item. This is instead of the cumbersome method of stopping the current share and then selecting another.

4. Further, when selecting files to share the displaying of recent shares is annoying and makes finding the actual file you…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Live face blur as a privacy filter while filming/visiting a company

When visiting a company for example a lot of people will be filmed and in some countries, legal restrictions are pretty difficult to overcome, specifically if the meeting is on short notice and recorded.

Since it's the opposite of background blur I'm pretty sure it is something doable. Some other virtual support software have that function that makes it easier for, visits, factory tours, diagnostics etc..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Third party Video Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add a email copy button after email address, its annoying to copy a user email ID

Please add a email copy button after email address, its annoying to copy a user email ID
    Highlighted in yellow box

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel - give it all the functionality that desktop excel has and speed it up

Excel is missing some of the most important functionality when working on it within teams, and you cannot open it in Desktop App when others are editing as it can't save and you have to discard you changes, so make sure all excel functionality is available and also make sure that it speeds up please, it is very slow to work in the Teams version very slow to scroll and edit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move Chat to Conversation

Often users start a new conversation where they should have replied within an existing conversation. Please provide the ability to move that isolated comment to within a chat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base