Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get a list of all meeting options

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    会議オプションの内容を一覧で取得
    Get a list of all meeting options

■Description(内容):
    特定のユーザーが作成した会議の、会議オプションの内容を一覧で取得できるようにしたい
    Please make it possible to get a list of all meeting option content for meetings created by specified users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to specify already created group names as recipients in the chat “Members” entry field

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャットの "メンバー" の入力欄で既に作成しているグループ名を入力して宛先として指定できるようにしたい。
    Make it possible to specify already created group names as recipients in the chat “Members” entry field

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のチャットの "メンバー" の入力欄で既に作成しているグループ名を入力して宛先として指定できるようにしてほしい。

Please make it possible to specify already created group names as recipients in the chat “Members” entry field.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to update on Teams desktop client

I updated from the Teams desktop client, but the 64-bit version isn't updated from 1.3.00.28779 instead of the latest 1.3.00.30866.

I downloaded it in exe format from the following site, but it has not changed since 1.3.00.28779.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app

Immediately, it needs to be modified so that it can be changed from the Teams client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 組織全体チームを PowerShell や Microsoft Teams 管理センターから作成できる機能

■Title(件名): 組織全体チームを PowerShell や Microsoft Teams 管理センターから作成できる機能

Ability to create entire organization teams from PowerShell or the Microsoft Teams admin center

■Description(内容): 現状では、組織全体チームの作成は Teams クライアントを使用する方法のみです。
    そのため、組織全体チームを PowerShell や Microsoft Teams 管理センターから作成できる機能の実装を要望いたします。

Currently, creating an entire organization team is only possible using the Teams client.
    Therefore, we would like to implement the ability to create an entire organization team from PowerShell or the Microsoft Teams admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quickly switch whats being presented

When I am presenting, I make it a practice to only present the app that I am wanting to show the participants (Word, web browser, etc)
    A lot of times I need to switch which app is being presented, and right now I have to stop presenting, and then start again to switch to a different app. Being able to switch what is presented is available in many other meeting platforms and its much more fluid for the presenter and attendees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have different options on returning assignments: returned completed, returned with comments, returned needing revision..

Have different options on returning assignments: returned completed, returned with comments, returned needing revision..
    Right now all assignments just get returned and dumped in the "completed" section, and students get a #winning icon, when, usually, they are in fact not winning, but have just turned in a bunch of blank or substandard work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send Teams Channel Meeting invitatons from Shared Mailbox

My Colleagues and I regularly conduct large remote IT orientations via TEAMs. We accomplish this by first tilting up the Teams channel (which is painful and I've yet to get powershell to import the teams module yet) with both their company and personal address as well as their manager's company address.

We then send out an invitation through the Teams channel for the new hires to attend the IT Orientation. The problem is is that whoever sends the inivitation then bears the brunt of any and all questions/panic emails sent in response to the invitiation.

It would be very helpful…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mute individual users who are noisy

I have been using teams for a while and have it on my phone. One of the things I would like to do is be able to mute certain people who post a bunch of stuff I don’t want to get notified on. Not saying they won’t post but be able to not be alerted etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spaces and command-tab on Mac

Currently, if you are using Spaces on Mac (virtual desktops), issuing a command-tab key command and selecting Teams does not bring forward the desktop on which the main Teams app is displayed. This is normal behavior in most, if not all other apps. I suspect this is caused by the ever-present Microsoft Teams Notification window, which is displayed in the Window menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Private posts within a channel

I wish there were posts that could be private in channel. Like if you just want to communicate with one person about something and not have everyone else who has access to the channel see it. It results in things having to be communicated over chat or email and then all the correspondence about something isn't aggregated in one place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. VIRTUAL REVOLUTION for Conference Calls

Can we have a virtual reality meetings, where we can have avatar walking and gives us a real time feel even when user attends the meeting from home. We saw someone on internet which already does something similar, it gives us more official meeting experience compared to just sitting remotely and attending meeting. Below is link of the company that allows this meeting.

https://www.virtwayevents.com/solutions/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Do not add channel calendar meetings to all members calendars

Since we use Channel/Group calendars to track OOO, it would be best to control the default of a new event to NOT automatically invite all team members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. shared meeting admin rights

When setting up a meeting you should be able to designate additional people to have full admin rights. This would allow other to manage breakouts or other admin functions without being organizer being in the session

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A "Thumbs Down" button!!

A "thumbs down" button is just as useful as "thumbs up." Lets add it!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please make it possible to attach documents to meetings so that you can actually see them in the meeting invite

Please make it possible to attach documents to meetings so that you can actually see them in the meeting invite

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Single Click Hide

It takes two clicks to hide a chat, as opposed to a single click on other applications such as slack.

For e.g. I have to click elipses and then select hide to hide away a stale chat which makes it really time consuming considering that teams does not auto hide stale chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get rid of/hide old private chats. So they don't pop when starting a new chat w/someone.

Provide a way to hide/delete old Chats so they don't show up. This is very aggravating when the previous chats have nothing to do w/the current chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. better to see the current status of users BEFORE add them in a meeting

the current status is not visible when I invite someone to join a meeting
    visible after but sometimes it's too late... so I disturb the person for nothing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control camera settings during a call

Default camera settings left colleagues talking to a black/dark screen due to low light. Manual control of camera settings in a call would be helpful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)