Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want Teams to add a setting that does not use the office 265 group.

I want Teams to add a setting that does not use the office 265 group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a chat a separate tab work on my mobile but not in Teams

I want to make some chat on the same channel really important so I created an announcement and link this to a TAB. I works on my mobile but won't open in the Team desktop or web version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 24bit 96k audio on video conferencing - needs auto re-sampling options (like YouTube)

I use an external USB audio interface (Allen&Heath ZEDi10FX), and I can set the sampling rate to 24-bit 96khz, but I found when I do this, people can't hear me. They can hear me if I set it to 24-bit 48Khz, but I don't want to have to rest this device every time I make a video call. I use this for other projects like home studio recording. Can you please allow for higher sampling rates? Then let the software re-sample to whatever setting people have in their machines.
    Also, let people choose the quality level of video and audio…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is there a way you can add more options in the drop down when you update the status of a task?

Is there a way you can add more options in the drop down when you update the status of a task?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to use the camera on the computer

If you are using headphones, you can talk. I have used it only once, and I was not able to video chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delay chat messages sending until colleague is out of a meeting/call

I do not want to disturb or distract a colleague during their meeting, so I refrain from asking a question or making a comment. However, I often forget it later on. It would be nice if I can tick a box that says something like "send when user is available"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Out look & Teams connectivity

Be able to drag files from Teams to Outlook email rather than having to save them to desktop or downloads and then attaching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calculate total hrs in meetings per week

info box with total hrs in meetings count would be useful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quicker updates on mobile to reflect updated desktop meetings

When I update the my desktop and it doesn’t reflect on mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Activity notifications disappear after viewing one item in feed

Steps to reproduce:

Have multiple mention notifications in Activity feed for the same channel and be on Teams tab.
    Click to activity tab
    Read top notification in activity feed. (note that all the notifications (red bubble number) above Activity disappear even though I only read one notification.)
    Click back to Teams tab
    Click back to Activity tab, now all unread notifications are no longer bold (unread).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audio from Youtube in MS Live Events

The sound was working for prerecorded audio to play through MS Teams but this is not available anymore. Please help as I have to run a live event in a few days and need to play something from youtube.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One Click Move Group Email Into Teams

When a group email begins in Outlook and multiple people begin replying, it would be helpful to have a one click "Create Teams Group" button so that all responses are held in the Teams Chat instead of multiple versions of the email chain. Often there are responses to part of the chain from 5 responses earlier that totally miss information that has already been shared.

A suggestion to move the chain into a chat with all members of the email would keep all information flowing in the same direction and in the order received. It would also allow for a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would love a more robust sticker Library. Especially a football.

I would love a more robust sticker Library. Especially a football.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is a Teams / SharePoint Global Admin able to modify the fields of the profile card?

Is a Teams / SharePoint Global Admin able to modify the fields of the profile card? The person's name and status is fine but can fields other than title,location, phone number, and email address be added? If a Teams/SP Global Admin cannot make the modifications, would it require a Developer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I double-click a number or word in the chat, please remove the space at the end of. Please trim the data.

If I double-click a number or word in the chat, please remove the space at the end of the selection. Please trim the data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the hyperlink to join meetings.

The hyperlink offer to join teams meeting is terrible to share using whatsapp or other messaging tools. Should be something more simple such as Google Meets and easy to share.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Re-send option for invite

Have a resend option so we don't have to delete user and re add them to the team when they don't accept right away or cant find the invite. And have a reminder email sent to them letting them know our invitation is waiting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the sounds in the notification settings more diverse.

When we are working in groups, we are constantly asking one another " is that you or me?" when we get a notification & are not directly in front of our screens. Please fix this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base