Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Take Notes on Your Own

Similar to the functionality on Skype/Outlook meetings, I would like the "Take notes on your own" option for Teams meetings. So for meeting notes, it would be great to have the option to open your personal OneNote and have a new page pre-loaded with all of the meeting info and space for your own personal notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export shift

The ability for end users to be able to export their shifts from Teams would be handy. Either with an integration for their shifts to be exportable to Outlook or in some sort of document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Combine each separate Team account (pro tenant) with an unique Edge profile

Workaround:
    Create for each team a profile in the new Edge browser and you can easily switch between each Edge instance & profile with the webapp.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Faster Notification setting

Put the ability to turn notifications on and off with a quick single click or right click somewhere on the main teams chat page. People often want to get notifications and then turn them off throughout the day and using Settings is cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Organize

Can you put a feature so we can organize classes the way we want too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split windows to present and still see colleagues

For a call with colleagues, it would make sense to both see the colleagues and share the screen. Will that be possible soon? Above all, it is very practical when you can see your colleagues and their facial expressions while presenting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Camera Lighting Settings

Could you introduce preset lighting settings so that video displays better in different lighting environments?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show the Custom Message on the Teams where Guest users added.

Show a Banner/warning message on the Teams which has Guest users so users are reminded incase if they are posting some confidential information on Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meeting Coordination- Request for Floor

There are instances where you would have over 50 people on the call and about 5 of them unmute and try to contribute to a meeting thus causing unintended disruptions. I suggest that In such cases a designated moderator should be given the permission to give those who request for the floor permission when the request comes through. We can have a "hand raise "button that prompts the coordinator and other participants. The chat section is useful but if there is a lot of activity there you might miss the request to speak.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show caller ID when a cloud service number is called

We have an auto attendant with a cloud service number passing to a cloud service number call queue and it is unable to display caller ID. It would help to be able to do calling line identification with Azure lookup similar to how a direct routing call is processed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make chatbox available while sharing a MS PPT in full screen

While conducting a training or during a meeting, when we share a PPT in full screen mode, the chat-box becomes inaccessible. This creates a hinderance for a trainer or a lead to get the idea through a chat-box if not voice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please Allow us to Control what # and * do in teams autoattendants.

When Migrating from other systems # and * are sometimes used in custom recordings. Please allow us to control what # and * do in order to not have us re create our AutoAttendant recordings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. disable outgoing camera in video call

As I have no video camera on my desktop PC, when I accept a video call from a colleague, Teams automatically shares my entire desktop (all screens) using "Bytescout Screen Capturing Filter".
    I do not want to share the screen, but cannot turn this off.
    The only way I can think of doing this right now would be to buy a camera, then tape over the face of it to show a black screen.

Am I missing something, or can an option be added for the Camera setting to simply Disable (maybe show my default image or just initials instead)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can we change the background

Background change for individual

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Assignments page: show how many assignmentsare still open on each team

It doesn't make sense that the assignments page makes you click on the team in order to see if there are still any open assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No veo la opción de excluir de la configuración de notificaciones a un contacto, sería interesante poder hacerlo con mi responsable

No veo la opción de excluir de la configuración de notificaciones a un contacto, sería interesante poder hacerlo con mi responsable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show video of self in small /thumbnail mode while presenting Power Point

Like we have in LiveMeeting, can Meetings have the option to show speaker's camera? Or in Live Meeting, can we enable audio from participants to enable interaction?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. if Teams is to rival zoom we need to be able to call people who don't have teams - external dial in / out

If I want to ring someone using Teams they have to have the software installed.

This means that tribalism is going to kick in as some people use Zoom / Monday.com / other hub systems.

If Teams allowed me to ring people or invite them into a group conversation from outside of the organisation (even in the free app which is used by people from small and not for profit work) then I think take up of teams could be higher than it is.

Please enable us to voice and video call people using their telephone number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. within contact cards, add a "view calendar" button

When viewing a contact card you have the ability to chat, email, view organization, video and voice call. Why not add the ability to view a person's calendar from there as well?

I shouldn't have to switch to Outlook to see someone's calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pre-record message before a user joins a Teams meeting on their mobile.

In my company safety is critical and with our old conferencing tool we had a pre-recorded message at the start to remind users to ensure they are in a safe place before continuing on the call. Speaking with my MS contact this is not currently available and I think this would be useful for us and others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base