Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide icons for tabs beyond emoji

At the moment I use emoji to provide colour/visual cues to tabs, as text-only tabs are harder to identify and navigate.

I would love to have a better selection of icons, for example something like FontAwesome or the ability to upload .ico files, use favicons, or upload PNG files.

For example: embedding Trello or MindMeister applications is fantastic, but I generally resort to using a 'closely-related' emoji to visually identify the tabs rather than being able to use the app's specific icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. colour codes for sections in wiki

in the Wiki we can create section headers and details; it would be good if the section headers can be given colors, so it will be catchy to get into the important ones based on its fond color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications should be better

Notifications which can catch eye

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How to record the daily time sheet for operational task

It is good to having the daily time sheet application for daily routine operational task apart from the Calendar.
    To maintain regular task with availability of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do always start minimized. Do not even have a setting.

There is noone that wants a window to popup when you logged in. A setting to configure the startup behaviour is not even needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Comments not updating

This project was updated three times because I do not keep email open (uses too much memory and causes distractions) so the first entry wasn't realized at all. Then after noticing the 2nd entry not appear after clicking the send button - I opted to record my 3rd attempt (attached). Then upon opening the outlook email client all three comments are in the email. So I shutdown Teams completely and restarted where all three comment entries appear. So to help nail this - I manually typed a comment, pressed enter for a new line, copied the bullet points from the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams do not have features to show local timings like public Skype while booking meeetings through calender

One of the most useful features in normal public Skype was that you can see in what time zone the users are in, and especially see their local time. So can easily schedule meetings, now if they are still left at work or not. Can you please check if this feature exist in MS teams somehow. If not it is good to have these feature added

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MS-Forms Connector Tab in a Channel

When I Roll out a Survey to my Team as Tab in a Channel, it is not allowing users to open in the tab. Can this be accommodated?

As the same survey can be reached when I provide the Link but somehow it opens up in my Browser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. macOS native keyboard shortcut is overridden

macOS has its native keyboard shortcuts that are helpful for text editing. However, some of them doesn't work on Microsoft Teams.

• Control-A: Move to the beginning of the line or paragraph.

• DOESN'T work. Instead, all texts are selected (the same as Command-A)

• Control-B: Move one character backward.

• DOESN'T work. Instead, selected texts become bold (the same as Command-B)

Control-A is quite important for me because it is the very common shortcut in Linux/Unix environments. Refer "Moving faster" section on this link for the details.
    http://teohm.com/blog/shortcuts-to-move-faster-in-bash-command-line/

For all native keyboard shortcuts on macOS, please refer the following official document.
    Mac keyboard…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. No ringtone notification for incoming messages

Should consider to have ringtone on incoming messages so that user could aware of it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Concourse CI

Support for Concourse CI

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Activity and Teams are confusing

I like the chats screen, but the activity and Teams screens get a little confusing. If there is only one chat in a team it would be nice not to see the chat name. Would like to see the activity screen with a more group chat feel instead of every message from a team being separated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. gainSight

Hello,

Here at my company we are diving pretty hard at customer success. It would be nice to integrate Gainsight inside Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inviting others to chanels/groups

It should be possible to invite people to chanels in the team without them having to be a member of the team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disappearance of Chats etc.

I chat (text) to someone on Teams yesterday. This morning, the chat has disappeared, the person also doesn't show under "Recent chats" which I would've intuitively expected.
    Nothing is shown under activity, ever, which is odd, don't know why it is there.
    Under teams, it says: "Join or create a team", yet when I click there, it only gives me the option to "Join a team with a code", I expect it to also allow me to create a team here.
    It is irritating that a chat is sent to my email if I don't attend to it, it fills…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The phone app will not let me respond to questions nor send messages. It will allow me to type a message, but not show send arrow.

Am trying to send msgs through TEAMS phone app. It lets me type a msg, but won't let me scroll down to the send plane, so i can't communicate with the app. Have a Samsung J7. Suggest someone publish a solution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base