Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. defender

Windows Defender firewall blocks the network access of MS Teams whenever a new version is downloaded and prompts for access. This was not an issue for Skype for Business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Window wandering out of reach

Every time i start the computer up, the window for Microsoft Teams is opened automatically. This is not the problem. The problem is that every time it is opened auomatically (or manually for that matter), the window opens up closer and closer to the edge of the screen. Today all i saw of the Microsoft Teams window was the lower left corner, the rest wandered out of view. I was unable to move it into view without resizing it all the way. I would love to see a fix for this or what setting i need to do to make…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is a bug in the text-to-speech feature for Italian language

If you enable text-to-speech, for example in Word, text as follows

«Buona notte.»

is read as

BUONA NOTTE PUNTO

that is, the period at the end is read, not ignored as expected. This occurs only if guille­mets are used. Please, note that guillemets are very common in Italian language for dialogues, and that punctuation mark is always inside the quotation marks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. youtube APP

At present, it is not possible to add a video and point to a specific time in the video (at present the "&t=XmYs" is not supported in the youtube app - as the video must be searched before being selected).

Could the APP look for a video by pasting the URL supported in any browser?

When sharing a long video I want to be able to point users at a specific section, e.g. 37 minutes and 45 seconds from the start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to use APPs in a Teams call, not just in a Teams Channel?

Any option to use APPs in a "Teams" meeting created via an Outlook invite? At present the APPs look available only for a Team channel, not for a Teams meeting - it would help when creating a Teams meeting via outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kunnen er ook meer accounts in teams worden aangemaakr

Ik wil graag van meerdere accounts in teams kunnen zien nu heb ik er maar 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A few things

1. Have "admins" for chat. When someone leaves the company because we only have 18 individuals allowed in 1 chat we always have to make a new chat when new agents get added to my team. It would be great if I could remove individuals who are no longer with the company from my chat.

2. More people in a chat than 18.

3. Custom "away" messages like "I'm gone for the day" or "I'm in a meeting until 2pm" so that agents know to reach out to others for help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing "Manage my account" button

There is no way for the user to navigate to their Microsoft account from within the Teams app. The user can only change one aspect of their account the profile image. The "Change picture" button should be a "manage account" link. This would allow users to change and update any of their information and make the teams app feel more connected to the rest of the ecosystem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add List view of Tasks in Planner

Add a "view" under Teams that is similar to an action registry in excel where task are row by row to be able to quickly scan task, due date, status/Comment, and label. it would is too much scrolling on the chart and board view when you in an update meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Userlist shows deleted users and users without Teams/Skype licences. Those should not be displayed at all

Users without a teams or Skype licence should not be displayed in the user section in the admin panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User section is sorted by default, but displayed incorrectly. Top entries do not start with A

The top entry in the default user list in the admin panel is not sorted by name, even though the name column is highlighted as default search

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications are very bad.

Teams should behave as any apps in this area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Cheet Sheet

I need a "cheat sheet" for dummies to guide guests into Teams connection. Very clear and simple, covering all optio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. copy image breaks avatar

On mac, when I right click to copy the profile image, from the modal window that opens when hovering over a chat message's avatar, the image will be broken. You have to leave the chat room and come back to see the missing link/default avatar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. trouble viewing presentation in audio call

I initiated an audio call to a coworker (person 2), then called one additional coworker (person 3). During the call person 2 and person 3 shared their screens and seemed to be able to view each others okay, but I could not see any presented content. Literally every setting was checked with no success. My idea would be to fix that, or at least provide a test feed so I could verify my config before being embarrassed in a meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Just make it work! So buggy!

Just make it work. Has issues and the flow still needs to be done better in the Teams app. What about Windows ink in Teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. notifications

Be great if had options to emails for all notifications; looks like its banner and email or banner only or off. what about email only?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send Most recent notification for each team should go to the top

When something is posted in a team conversation the team should automatically go to the top of the list so you don't have to scroll through teams to look at which one is just bolded. I don't believe bolding the name is the best or most effective way to notify when someone posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base