Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make API for Teams Call Quality Dashboard availible in App Registration on Azure

In PowerShell cmdlet "CQDPowerShell 2.0.0" is used Teams Quality Dashboard API, but this API could use only access token which is valid only one hour and then the access token has to be re-acquired interactivelly with popup window again. And there is no chance to retrieve the refresh token to make non-interactive refresh/access acquisition. Non-interactive access to Teams Quality Dashboard API was not implemented. It would be useful for many developers of the world to have this API in Azure Application Registration Portal as delegated and application (non-delegated) permission. In this way it would be possible to use the API…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow third party keyboards iOS

I am dropping using teams until the iOS teams app allows use of gboard or at least swiftkey. Apple's keyboard is just not cutting it for my usage pattern. I work in an international environment and being able to switch from one language to another automatically is crucial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should not be able to schedule a meeting in a past time

Should not permit user to schedule a meeting in a past time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Join meetings from another tenant directly from the Windows app join button

When clicking "Join" within the calendar in Teams for an event hosted by another company (ie another tenant) the client does not connect.

Instead i have to click to join from the Outlook calendar item, i then get directed to the webpage and then it lets me join via the Windows App.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Different backgrounds during meetings

Member should be able to have different work as well as nature backgrounds which can be selected fron Bing images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right to Left button in the Format option

this feature already exists in other Microsoft apps, please add it to Teams in the format tab, sentences end up being juggled up whenever I mix english and arabic

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a setting to turn off colourful contact icons and photos in android

With more people working remotely and wanting to be remembered and with it being easy to add a photo in teams I am getting more and more photos in the inbox as a contact icon. I don't want a colorful circle and I really don't want a photo. This can be switched off on the desktop app, why can't it be switched off in the android app?

Please get rid of it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the wiki part work more like MS Word

I keep my daily notes in Teams/Wiki portion. Using it is an ADVENTURE... Where is the cursor going to be next time I log on and try to make an entry? Why do I need to SCROLL to where I left off last time? Why does the page JUMP AROUND???? Those are the most annoying parts. Then of course there the spell check function [there is? kinda sorta]. And you're going to get rid of Skype for Bus. and just use Teams? What a mess! How about making it obvious how to respond to an IM in teams?? Would that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spell Checker in the Assignment tab of Teams

Can we please have a Spell Check added to the Assignment tab in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Real time English Captioning for Mandarin, and all languages.

I don't understand a word my meeting is saying. Please implement this feature. MAKE IT ACCURATE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an Option to show teams Private Chats and Team Chats in aggregated list, most recently active first

It is very annoying constantly switching back and forth between team chat list and private chat list. I would like an option to have an aggregated view where the most recently active chats (of either kind) appear at the top of the list. The chat with the newest message us at top of list. Just like Skype. Just a sequential list, no tree structure which would defeat the purpose of the recency ordering. You don’t realise how much you take such a feature for granted until you use Teams and don’t have it.

The adjunct to this is controlling what…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. read receipts are always sent for group chats

read receipts are always sent for group chats

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Whiteboard (or black board) a default application attachment with Teams. With On screen highlight with a Toothpick or Finger facility.

Make Whiteboard (or black board) a default application attachment with Teams.
    With On screen drawing and highlighting with a Toothpick or Finger facility, so that there is no need for additional hardware.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please turn off default video off in team deskp top app or provide option in setting to do so

Please turn off default video off in team deskp top app or provide option in setting to do so

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic Entry to Teams Meeting

Currently, the host has to allow members to join the meeting while they wait at lobby.
    I'd like to suggest to allow invited members to be allowed entry automatically without having to wait at lobby.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Admin should able to see all voice & vidoe call by default without recording option

Admin should have option to monitor organization teams activities like voice or video call by default without recording option this log should be there past one month or 15 days logs we should to see

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Team - Control of invitations by the team owner

Currently, Microsoft Teams does not provide the owner's account the full control of the invitations. Members and invited have the possibility to invite other people who will be able to have access to the content of the team (files, etc) without the owner's proper permission. I believe it could be implanted control into the owner's account to permit him to block the invitations that come from the other members of the Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base