Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable uploading and sharing images with their Exif info remained

Currently when you upload and share photos in Teams channel, the Exif info on the image gets cleared. I would like to know where those photos have been taken, so I would like to upload and share photos with their Exif info remained.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for Picture in Picture of camera when using screen share. Even better, allow me to toggle to which is larger (camera or screen share)

Can you do a screenshare with your camera on so we can see the Powerpoint or whatever at the same time as seeing the presenter in a bubble? If so, could you toggle between she share vs. camera being bigger? I'm thinking of screencastify but live. Anyone know of a way to do this? My students need to see the visual and the presenter simultaniously and on the other half of the screen see me, ASL interpreter. (Just to add a few more complications.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. disable Channel meeting scheduling in reply message

if possible, please develop the feature for disabling Channel meeting scheduling in reply message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable assigning the desired local conference bridge number when we give the Audio Conferencing license to users

It would be convenient if we could assign the default conference bridge number when we give the Audio Conferencing license to users.
    We currently need to change the default bridge numbers by using PowerShell after assigning the license. The given bridge number is automatically assigned depending on the country which has been set in Licenses and Apps in Microsoft 365 admin center > Users > Active users, but the number doesn’t point the country we want.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn off chat members' status information in the message box in chats

E.g. Where chat members have a set status tied to their account such as their usual working hours. It would be good to be able to turn this feature off (particularly in group chats) or have it displayed in another way so that it doesn't keep reappearing every time I reopen the chat even after closing the status update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Members and Owners need the ability to edit incoming webhooks to change Name, Icon, etc.

Members and Owners need the ability to edit incoming webhooks to change Name, Icon, etc. This is especially needed when previous employees create them and monitoring systems are configured to go to channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I do not like the the new feature of dropdowns for Chat / Contracts under the Chat Sidebar.

A recent update now makes you have to click a drop down under the chat tab to pick "Chat" or "Contacts." This take more clicks/actions to switch from recent chats to contacts, rather than being able to click one of the two options that used to be at the top. I would like to request that the previous GUI setup for the top part of the menu is brought back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. shared system audio failed to send

During a live event sharing a screen with system audio. I have received the error "shared system audio failed to send" about 5 times during the course of a teams live event.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Together mode into teams live events

I'm getting requests to have an audience view in a teams live events. it would be great if you could bring together mode into teams live as a view you could queue up and take live

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create an interface option for Teams that is user-friendly for elementary students

The current Microsoft Teasm platform is not easy for young students to navigate. If Teams is being marketed to schools as comparable to Google Classroom or Schoology, the layout and navigation tools need to bEsimplified. Less text, more icons and less clicking around to use Class Notebook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to Expand DLs in Teams

In Skype For Business Online, I was able to have distribution lists of groups and expand them to see who was online, the distribution lists came over to Teams, but show no members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Speaker in TEAMs

Can we get the speaker to always show in the middle top. This way it will look like we are always looking directly at the speaker not down to the side

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Meeting entry - lobby

Currently anyone from within my organization or trusted organizations can enter into a meeting. I would like to have the ability to create a sub group where not everyone within my organization can enter and must wait in the lobby until i invite them in. this enables a smaller group to have a private discussion prior to allowing others to enter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. update to virtual meeting for one occurrence

Why is it that I can no longer update only one meeting in a recurring meeting in Outlook to Teams, I am required to update the entire series, which will also reset all dates/times. I need to change only one of them to a virtual meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better filtering of groups/chats

Even a small team produces a large number of separate chats, and it is difficult to find the one I am looking for. Everything is dumped into a single giant bucket with no real organization and a lot of visual/verbal clutter. Suggestions to improve this:

• Combine groups/channels into chats

• Filter by type: group, channel, chat, meeting title

• Find all chats that include a given user

• Find all one-on-one chats, as opposed to group chats

• Group recurring meetings together

• Filter read/unread

• Sort by either title or latest update

• For meetings with multiple people, list up to 3-4 people by given name…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to pop out a Team chat

The ability to pop out Team chats would be great! At this point, you can only pop out individual chats with single users, but you cannot pop out a Team chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Teams Vulnerability

Hello, I wanted to know if you have taken actions with respect to a vulnerability identified in 2019. Recaping the vulneability, the attackers used the update command, to execute arbitrary binary code in the context of the user. By doing this an attacker could download malware from an external URL and deploy it to a vulnerable computer.
    In a later variation an attacker can achieve the same result using the Microsoft Teams mock package, which can run other executables from certain locations. This vulnerability was re-verified this year and it was discovered that the update deployed by Microsoft does not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. adjust timeout of toast message

Please allow an adjustment of how long toast messages appear. We have several users complaining that they miss the toast message because it disappears too quickly. I tried change the setting in "Ease of Access" setting to 1 minute, but it did not affect the Teams notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base