Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat notifications only when not active window

When I have a popped out Chat message. I can be actively engaged in the popped out chat and still getting notifications every time someone responds. I should not get a notification if the chat is my active window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pause screen and mute mic

Introduce a single button which instantly pauses your screen and mutes your mic in order to scream at the top of your lungs. Once you have returned to (semi) normality, you can then press the button again to un-pause and unmute.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Only need to click Join once to enter meeting

In Calendar, when I click Join on the meeting I have to click Join a 2nd time, very annoying, should be able to just click Join once

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyboard shortcut to enter purple box navigation mode

If the 'start conversation text box' in a channel has focus there doesn't appear to be a way of going to the 'purple box' conversation navigation using keyboard shortcuts. The only way appears to be to click with the mouse in the channel and then use the arrow keys.

Can we have a keyboard shortcut for turning on 'purple box' conversation navigation, or provide some other way to navigate the conversations via the keyboard, please?

I want to be able to ctrl+g to a channel, then navigate and reply to a conversation using only the keyboard.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatically focus the 'Start a new conversation' field after ctrl+G

At the moment if I go to a channel using ctrl+G I can't start typing a new message. I have to either use my mouse to focus the channel pane, or use either multiple tabs, shift+tab, ctrl+F6.

It would be much better if I could just start typing, like I can in Slack.

This should also be the same for chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stream

pls add the app in the pc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Curently, teams shows me away even when i'm here, working on other documents. This should'nt occur as I am right here at my desk.

Curently, teams shows me away even when i'm here, working on other documents. This should'nt occur as I am right here at my desk. just working on something else that doesn't need Teams! This is really becoming an issue as people come back saying you were away for an hour- but no, I was right here working on an email, or creating a document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams version without organisation for private use

I use teams in my company. I would use it also on my private Windows 10 with my familiy and friends. But when I install it and choose "friends and familiy" teams link me to skype. But I want to use teams for my private windows maschine. When we can use it on windows for private life? Without a organization.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Desktop App: Only automatically set status away if computer goes to sleep or after a certain amount of time

Currently on the desktop version, the app sets my status as away if I am not active on the app yet active doing something else (like working). Would be great if it only automatically set as away if computer went to sleep or after a certain set amount of time idle (like 30 minutes).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pop up chat windows

My company just switched to teams from skype and what I would love to see is a pop up chat window when someone messages you. After my meetings in the morning I'll close out of teams and do my work for the day. Then the next morning when I open it up I discover that someone from head office sent me a message yesterday at 3 pm. The thing is I didn't get a notification or pop up. With skype even when I closed the screen it would say "still running in background" and when someone messaged you it would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please allow end user to manually change status and have the option to stay available as long as they wish. Stop changing my status for me.

I would like to select my own status and to be able to set it to "never" change or have a time limit. For example: if I click Available I should be able to select "never change" or "change after computer is idle for 60 minutes". Please allow the end user to select their own status. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable multiple video inputs per participant in a meeting / call

I sometimes need to debug electronic circuits on a call.

I have been unable to find a simple elegant way to show video from a camera pointing at myself and video from a camera of the device under test and measurement equipment surrounding it.

Additionally this would enable me to keep one camera focused on a whiteboard and another at my desk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow invited participants to change meeting status from "Out of Office" to Free" or other status

Please add the option for invited participants to change meeting status initiated by someone else. Currently only the person who initiated the meeting can change meeting details. Ideally, I'd like this option in Teams calendar as well as Outlook.

For example, when a direct report is going to a training or is taking a vacation day, the status for the meeting is "Out of Office" to block their calendar. If I want the event on my calendar, but I don't need it to block my calendar availability, I would like to option to change the status to "Free".

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to change your range of work hours displayed in calendar

Have the ability to change how your work hours are displayed. For instance, if I work 7 to 4, I don't want to display my hours on my calendar from 8 to 5. That way, when others schedule a meeting, I appear to be unavailable during my off-work hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It is very slow and makes other features of laptop also slow

It is very slow and makes other features slow as well

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can you add clap emoji in teams meeting

Can you add clap emoji in teams meeting for appreciate spoke person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a way to open more than one team at a time?

I would like to be able to open more than one team or channel at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Split "main room" meeting into multiple "breakout rooms"

When being in a meeting and something needs to be discussed in smaller groups, it would be nice to be able to separate the "main room" into "breakout rooms". Either the participants in the "main room" select which breakout room to join manually, or the meeting organizer can form groups and send them to different "breakout rooms" (the later is available in Zoom, and is a very nice feature).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How to assign assignments created through “New Form”

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "新しいフォーム" で作成した課題の割り当て方法について
    How to assign assignments created through “New Form”

■Description(内容):
    "新しいフォーム" で作成した Microsoft Forms の課題において、Microsoft Teams上で課題として割り当てる際に候補選択できず、URL を指定して割り当てる方法しかありません。
    クイズのように "新しいフォーム" で作成した場合でも、候補選択できる機能を復元するよう要望します。

For assignments in Microsoft Forms created through “New Form”, when you assign it as an assignment via Teams, you cannot select a candidate and so you have to assign it via URL.
    Please allow this assignment method when using “New Form” in the same way as you can for quizzes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base