Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand gif to cover the whole app screen

we use gifs to capture simple workflow or show how to reproduce bugs. It would be nice to have ability to click on the gif so it will expand like regular image

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stay signed in tick box

When signing into the Mobile app, please return the tick box, for stay signed in. As the app signs you out automatically after 3mins regardless of your settings and then you have to sign in again. The resign in can cause a loop of sign ins. This is after the 25/01/2019 update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner Hub creating a new task with a script

In Planner Hub individual tasks should be able to be created by script. This would make it possible to automatically create a larger number of recurring and new tasks due to an external event. An intensive work in Planner is very tedious, because apart from the team members practically nothing can be preselected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GIFs are not loading on 2 computers but works on everyone else's machine. Why is that?

I have tried signing them out, restarts, windows updates, online portal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the ability to send one IM to contact group.

Would like the ability to send one IM to a whole contact group. This is one the Skype feature and i would like to see it on MS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. music

Colocar un bot para poder buscar y reproducir musica en los canales de grupos similar a lo que tienen en discord, asi mucha gente aunque no tenga reuniones o chats puede estar interactuando con la aplicacion mientras trabaja.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. teams.exe Malware exclusion documentation

Would be good with an official statement/documentation on how teams.exe should be handled from a client malware perspective. Should the process be excluded or not from Scannig/IPS systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk operations with messages like select several to delete.

Bulk operations with messages like select several to dekete. Now have to delete one by one. Or, if this is already possible - can not find i

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Carousel limit increase from 10 to 20

Please increase the adaptive cards carousel limit from 10 to 20

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notify all atendees if someone cancels a meeting

Notify all attendees when someone cancels a meeting organised in Teams. Ideally via email or with a specific message on the Team Chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cursor location when entering Korean into chat window.

When you type Korean into the chat window, the cursor is displayed in front of the letter. Usually, the cursor is entered after the letter, and this improvement is required when entering Korean.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sticker

Please make the sticker clean in chat, remove the background and make it transparent.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Share screens on mobile devices

Other platforms offer this. Would be great to see it on Teams.

I think if you release a big feature like screen sharing on desktop, it should be released everywhere else (online for Chrome and mobile) or not at all. I appreciate the slow and steady release cycle employed by MS, but it's confusing for users learning how to use new tools to have to also remember all the variants of the tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Manage Priority Access: Option to automatically add organization members

Under Manage Priority Access, in addition to being able to search for users to include, add radio buttons with the following options. Add everyone above me in my organization, Add my peers, Add everyone below me in my organization. This would feed off of the org chart data. It would also allow people to quickly add people who they would most likely add anyway.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Difference of time display in Gantt chart view of Call Analytics

SfB Call Analytics portal is displayed standard time when we analyze user's call but Teams & Skype portal is displayed the amount of call time.
    We would like you to implement like SfB portal display.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it the same experience as in the desktop version for iOS. I can't really rely on teams (as well as most Office Products) on iOS.

Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft Office products for iOS should be THE SAME experience we get on the desktop. I constantly receive messages saying this link cannot be open on the iOS and to go to the full desktop version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Feedback system

Your feedback system is broken. With 900+ pages of suggestions, the majority will never be read and voted for. Instead you'll get massive amounts of votes for things already prominent unless providing teams feedback is someones full-time job.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to Spin off new chat Topic from old Group Chat.

Group Chat: option to Spin off new chat Topic from old Group Chat.
    Lets say I have a Group Chat with 40 people and we are talking about the best cookies.
    Later I need to start a new Subject “best cars” with the same group of people, right now I must type in each person in.

But if you had the option to Start new Topic and it pulls the participants names out and starts a new chat with them. It would same me from having to type them all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification Settings - add the ability to set only email notifications

Currently in Teams I can set notifications to be Banner and Email or just a Banner but there is no option for just an email. I would like to be able to set my @ mentions to only send me an email instead of a banner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base