Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] I can create RSS Connectors within a Team/Channel, but I cannot delete them

I can create RSS Connectors within a Team/Channel, but I cannot delete them. When trying to delete the connector, I get the following permissions error:
    https://i.imgur.com/QbECK2H.png

I found a Technet blog post on how to use a Powershell command to delete a RSS connector (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/How-to-disable-Teams-Channel-connectors/m-p/74052) but the fact that, as a Team Owner, I can create connectors but not delete them definitely seems like a bug.

Note that some of the Teams on our instance will allow the expected behavior of letting me delete the connector but others will not. I am an owner in both teams.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm constantly getting Hold On We're trying to get you back into the meeting

I have a fiber connection, so my connection is fine. Last week I started constantly getting "Hold On. We're trying to get you back into the meeting" message while in calls. It happens about every 5 minutes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Administrators can pre-register other Cloud Storage to Teams.

Administrators can pre-register other Cloud Storage to Teams.

Now, users register other Cloud Storage to Teams individually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Convert text to emoticons

It would be great to be able to have text converted to emoticons like on the desktop plus being able to turn it on and off in settings to give people at least a choice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 発信履歴や受信履歴をもっと見やすくしてほしい。

どんな内容をどんなメンバーに発信したか、同じく受信したかわかり辛いので、もっと見やすして欲しいです。情報の発信が頻繁に起きると見辛いのでわからなくなってしまいます。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cursor disappears from all apps on monitor

Cursor disappears while toting in Teams, and does not reappear when I move the cursor around. Other apps on the same monitor also lose cursor I move it outside Teams. Moving it to another monitor and it reappears. Must click on a noter window for it to stay, then move it back to Teams. It looks like it is in the background behind the apps on the monitor with Teams on it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams has a very busy and not intuitive UI. Sure sucks that work made us switch off of Slack

Simplify the UI. Make a simple messenger that CAN do all of the things you want it to but don't put all of these features in a new users face unless they WANT IT and turn it on themselves. Slack get is, apple gets it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show board bucket from top to bottom instaed off left to right

It's help if i can switch boardview from horizontal to vertical, bucket are displayed not next to each other but one after the other from top to bottom or a I can ordered bucket in page self

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wiki section title &

When you have an ampersand in the title of a section. This ampersand is show as "&" in the wiki menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. UI is terrible.

Use swipe left, right, up, down to add and navigate teams and content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop the chat feature unless someone specifically logs into. I am getting chat messages for meetings I am not even logged into.

Stop the chat feature unless someone specifically logs into. I am getting chat messages for meetings I am not even logged into.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications needs to be better on android devices. I am having OnePlus running Android Oreo and most of the times Teams doesn't update in

Notifications needs to be better on android devices. I am having OnePlus running Android Oreo and most of the times Teams doesn't update in background and I don't receive Notifications. I have to rely on mails for updates

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Laugh emoji changes to frown between Teams desktop and iOS client

I commented in Teams channel and chat and wrote the :D laugh emoji. When reading my text on mobile app on iOS later I saw that the smile had turned upside down, i.e. the emoji visible as laugh in desktop version is shown as a frown on the mobile app.

I think that this is consistent behaviour in current app - can you check? Attached is a screenshot of same message how they are displayed in both versions (desktop and mobile)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need to switch the mode to view files in the File tab in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to enable us to select especially the Tile mode to view files in Microsoft Teams like the File tab in OneDrive for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show Dial Plans normalization in Teams

To show Dial Plans normalization in Microsoft Teams like Skype for Business does.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow admins and Teams owner the ability to turn guest sharing on/off for selected Teams

Currently Guest Access seems to be either On or Off for all Teams, we need the ability to allow owners to turn it On or Off when needed to. Currently both SharePoint and O365 Groups have this ability. This feature will make sure that users/owners don't accidentally invite external users to Internal Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Philippines was marked as incorrect spelling

Typing in a chat the word Philippines was marked as a spelling mistakes (see attached).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. External messaging

When sending a group message, which in our organization most of our contacts are external. How can I see their names as opposed to just their email addresses? Some emails don't include all or part of their names making it difficult to recall. As an example that an external email MrBDoe@abcdefg.com and first name is Barry, it's currently saved in my Outlook contacts to display as Barry Doe (MrBDoe@abcdefg.com). Is there an easy solution to this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base