Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable synchronisation of Teams DDI to Azure AD Office Phone

All users Teams number assignments are visible in the Teams Admin portal. They do not however synchronize from there across to any AAD fields.

Organisations should be able to sync Teams numbers to Office/Work Phone in Azure Active Directory to ensure colleague contact information stays relevant in Office, Azure & any potential other connections (Workday / Snow / Salesforce etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files App in Teams NEEDS improvement.

The Files App in Teams is useless. Why is it just one massive running list of all files with no organization. The lease you could do is just link the Files App in Teams to OneDrive. The ability to drag and drop files on teams is a need when organizing the files as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add registration for live events and feedback at the end of the live event

Add registration for live events:
    When people are invited by email or on a web site posting, to ne able to register and reserve space.

Add feedback at the end of the live event:
    At the end of the event, feedback form should be able to collect feedback for the event.

Very important and my company uses other tools (WebEx, Zoom etc) because of lack of those features.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status in Microsoft Teams

Give the user the right to select their status, that isn’t then overridden by what your calendar or computer thinks you are doing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Making it comfortable for everyone

1) MS TEAMS should have option to unmute temporarily like in zoom ( by pressing space bar key )

2) It also consumes lot of data which causes lot of lacking of internet during classes due to which students don't get to the topic

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. when starting to watch a shared screen go full screen or maximized

When someone else has started to share their screen switch the Window to Maximized of full screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. always start meeting maximized

I'd like the option to always start meeting maximized when joining a meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Private Channel Do-Over

Microsoft, look back at the old ideas on UserVoice that led to the creation of Private Channels. We wanted you to add security at the Channel level. We did not want to lose any of the useful features of Channels in the process, but that's what happened. There are many ideas on fixing individual features of Private Channels that basically amount to making them work just like Public Channels (i.e. Planner, Meetings, cross-channel links, etc.). Instead, I propose that we just give you a do-over. Architect a way to add security without breaking existing Channel features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow multi-user present mode

Allow multi-user present mode, for a presentation that involves multiple presenters to work off the same common file, showing notes and allowing slide control for all assigned presenters. This feature would be a massive hit

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow teams to open documents from another TEAMS domain, while you are running a teams call in your home domain.

When I'm in a call, started from my home domain, I cannot open a document in another Teams Domain. The system will kill my call unfortunate. When I open the document before the call, I can share it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give us the ********* possibility to delete conversations completely

You don't want to put this feature , talking about "legal" reasons?? Well let me tell you many legal departments of entitites want this feature to be available, stop your non-sense argumentation and give the possibility to people to do it. What's wrong with you? Is it a cloud act thing?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it manageable to change the timing of your Status.

Please make it manageable to change the timing of your Status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't let Do Not Disturb go idle

I noticed that if I set myself to do not disturb, but then am on a call for a while not working on my computer, the DND turns to idle or away rather than DND and chat messages start popping up and jingling and disturbing me during my call.I think DND should not be allowed to go idle. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Message to myself function should be enhanced

Message to myself is one of the Slack app features. This helped me a lot by keeping the draft when I used Slack. I could save screenshots, work notes, files and important messages in there. Currently I am using Microsoft Teams and hope you guys enhance this feature in future.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. pop out new meeting window

Have a new window pop out when creating a new meeting within teams. I was trying to look up a few names for meeting in chat and would discard the changes when going to the chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to sign out by remote control

I would like to have the ability to sign out remotely if I forget to sign out.
    This can prevent information leakage when multiple people are using the device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to minimize or hide the Teams meeting control bar

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議のコントロールバーを最小化、もしくは、非表示にしたい
    I want to minimize or hide the Teams meeting control bar

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 会議の中央に表示されるコントロールバーを最小化や非表示にできない。
    最小化や非表示にする機能の実装を希望します。

It is not possible to minimize or hide the control bar shown in the central part of the screen during Teams meetings. Please add a function for this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to move directories in files tab

Unable to move directories to other places in a the files tree structure.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to suggest to change the sequence of emojis on user comments-it is for now 1.Thumbsup 2.Heart put a 2. heart in end.

I would like to suggest to change the sequence of emojis on user comments-it is for now 1.Thumbsup 2.Heart 3. Laugh 4. Surprised 5. Sad 6. Angry

When network goes down sometime screen gets stuck mistakenly gets hit on heart emoji . As like and heart emojis are close.

As this is a professional app for us we have different teams where high level management also involves in single group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)