Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the ability to remove or freeze the chat when the meeting is created through Calendar - and not just Channel.

Currently it seems that students/participants in a teams meeting can have the chat feature removed only if the meeting event was created or attached to a Team Channel. I have noticed that events that are created only using the calendar feature do not provide the event creator with the ability to remove the chat feature. This would be great if we could have this added to the "Meeting Options" menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop pop-up alerts meeting chat when attending new experience

Tried to find this as an existing improvement but didn't.

When attending a 'new meeting experience' with chat for that very meeting enabled in the window, it would be great if the originating MT application does not spark pop-up's for chat in that same meeting. Make sense? Thanks!

BTW, loving MT and enjoying the fast-coming improvements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search names, topic, anything undefined via filter in chat or activity

search names, topic, anything undefined via filter in chat or activity

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enhancing Feedback on Submitted Assignments

When students submit an assignment, I often find that students will hand in an incomplete assignment. It would be wonderful to have different feedback options. It would be great to submit feedback that a) does not require any changes, b) requires changes, or c) is incomplete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not able to open Visio Files directly in teams

Not able to open Visio Files directly in teams have to download the file to open the content. It would be great if we could open visio in teams directly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mac performance when using video

I use MS Teams for everything and I am on Teams meetings almost 8 hours per day. After the last update or two, I get terrible performance when sharing video. I don't mean poor performance, I mean absolute terrible. My CPU goes to 100% and the video is super choppy and people even say that my audio is choppy. Meetings without video are fine. Sharing screen is fine. But sharing video is unusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a TAG using Outlook group

I'd like to create a tag by using a Outlook group since there are over 300 names. It would take all day to create that TAG

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable teachers to not allow chat during instruction. This is incredibly disruptive and distracting for students whom are trying to learn.

Please allow teachers and owners to discontinue the use of chat during instruction. It would be wonderful if there was a tool that would allow us to pause the chat so that we could pause while we were instructing, and then allow them to in order to respond or for a few free minutes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need an auto reply for terminated employees

I have several clients clamoring for an auto-reply or auto-response for terminated employees. In large companies, other users can chat inactive employees and have no indication they're no longer there.

At least let Teams display any MailTips that are configured for a user, or add a new auto-reply feature for terminated users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Modify Live Video Screen

While in a live chat today, I noticed that the "Need Help?" button was just left of the "Leave" link box. Reading it literally, I read in my mind, "If you need help, Leave." I know this is unintentional. I just wanted to share my thought.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. stop members from starting a chat with another member

I have a channel with a rather large group of people. I would like to disable members from being able to contact other members through this channel. It's meant to be just a virtual board with no comments, but members are able to contact other members that don't want to be contacted. Maybe even have it so the owners can hide the names and emails of the team members...?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. cross platform status sync

if im dnd on my laptop it dose not sync to other devices i feel that statuses should sync

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Meetings should show number of those present out of total number in team

Teams meetings should show number of those present out of total number in team. This will be useful in the school setting especially.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hello, is it possible to change sounds in Teams

I work as helpdesk/Onsite support and it would make it so easier to be able to have different calling sounds for my Teams instances since i am working with more than one Teams instance?? Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hello, is it possible to change sounds in Teams

I work as helpdesk/Onsite support and it would make it so easier to be able to have different calling sounds for my Teams instances since i am working with more than one Teams instance?? Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable synchronisation of Teams DDI to Azure AD Office Phone

All users Teams number assignments are visible in the Teams Admin portal. They do not however synchronize from there across to any AAD fields.

Organisations should be able to sync Teams numbers to Office/Work Phone in Azure Active Directory to ensure colleague contact information stays relevant in Office, Azure & any potential other connections (Workday / Snow / Salesforce etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Files App in Teams NEEDS improvement.

The Files App in Teams is useless. Why is it just one massive running list of all files with no organization. The lease you could do is just link the Files App in Teams to OneDrive. The ability to drag and drop files on teams is a need when organizing the files as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add registration for live events and feedback at the end of the live event

Add registration for live events:
    When people are invited by email or on a web site posting, to ne able to register and reserve space.

Add feedback at the end of the live event:
    At the end of the event, feedback form should be able to collect feedback for the event.

Very important and my company uses other tools (WebEx, Zoom etc) because of lack of those features.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Status in Microsoft Teams

Give the user the right to select their status, that isn’t then overridden by what your calendar or computer thinks you are doing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base