Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow filtered view of conversations ie only show me conversations in the last week

Allow filtering of conversations so you can view by time period, date person, attachment,conversation content etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font size and appearance very big in screen

Hello, I see the screen in w10 app very big sized. How can I change resolution or whatever it is? Thak you in advance

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It misses messages all the time

It misses messages all the time. Fix it is very unreliable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linked Documents to tasks

I've noticed whenever I link a document to a task, clicking on the link only allows you to open the document on Word online. For documents that have images or text boxes, word online distorts these images unlike in the desktop app.

There should be an option, like in the files tab in teams, to open the document in the desktop app or on the online platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Log in constantly refreshing

It's annoying and makes it nearly impossible to log in, hence my 15 minute fight with my phone app just to make the "please sign in to keep updated" warning go away.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In Teams carousel, lable archived Teams

Archived teams are presented in the Teams carousel, which is nice because it provides access to archived information. But I would like if the carousel labeled the team as archived -- joining a team expecting to participate in an active discussion but finding that the team is archived wastes time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can I bring an existing Sharepoint site into Teams?

If a team has a SharePoint site, can it be converted or managed in Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mention

Is it possible to separate member and owner permissions by default? Right now I want to disable @channel and @team mentions for team members while maintaining it for Team owners but I am unable to do so.
    We are a rather large 150-people team and we need this to be able to quickly distribute important updates and ensure visibility while minimizing @team/channel mention spam that would ensue from 150 people having access to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It is hard to notice notifications.

When teams window is not active and you receive message while looking at 2-nd screen you can miss that message.
    Need to have some active way to remind user that there is unread messages a specially when user was mentioned or have a private message

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. shifts non licensed user

Allow non licensed users to be added to Shifts. We would like to use the scheduling feature, but do not need Office365 licenses for these people because they do not need email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Messages are not updated. I m not getting notifications about chats and messages. Every time I have to open up the application for update

Messages are not updated regularly. I m not getting notifications about chats and messages. I have to open up the application for new messages and chats everytime.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Font size formatting through connectors

Right now, there are 3 formatting options for the font size: small, medium, and large. We have channels using webhook connectors to automatically post logs from the backend and I need to change the font size for certain messages. I can't find any references as to how to do that in the JSON payload.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DND time out

Would LOVE to be able to set DND to finish a project (or whatever), and then have it automatically reset to available after some programmable time period. That way I could get, say an hour without interruptions, and not have to worry about staying on DND forever by mistake

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams not ready for Prime Time

We are being pushed ot move from Skype for Bus. to Teams. HOwever, our meetings are 100% with external customers and the meetings portion for external customers is not smooth process comparable to Skype. Also for presence awareness integtation - its a must and its just not there. when do you think this will be prime time?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Error removing GitHub Enterprise connectors

I am unable to remove several GitHub Enterprise connectors from my Team. Sometimes clicking the Remove button hangs and other times I get the error as shown in the attachment. I and several other Owners have tried to delete the connectors to no avail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adding OneNote to the default Teams ribbon

I'd really like a OneNote tab on the default teams ribbon so that I wouldn't need the desktop client open outside of teams to add to my personal notebook. I don't want to clutter up a team's collaboration notebook with my personal notes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. existing planners not showing

I am the admin of several existing Planners but cannot see any when I am trying to assign them to a new TEAM. Appears the dropdown is being hidden.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Sharing from Files in Teams (and not just through chat)

Allow Sharing from Files in Teams (and not just through chat)
    We have the need to share files in Teams, like you would in OneDrive or in SharePoint Online.
    We would like to get departments using Teams instead of network folders, but without sharing, we would need to use an Office Group Team site instead.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to use undo function in Wiki

I have lost quite a bit of data when I accidentally deleted some info and was not able to undo my action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Start workflows on individual messages

Looking for the ability to start a workflow based on an individual message in any channel and in any team.
    For example, a trigger like "When I bookmark a message". This in turn would allow to do anything with the message via Flow, for example, create a To-Do item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base