Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Frequent and accurate updates to Microsoft 365 Roadmap web site

When a feature is formally accepted for development by Microsoft in this forum, can we please ensure this is promptly added to the Microsoft 365 Roadmap web site at https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams. We are seeing a significant lag with this, for example Featured ID: 63341 for increased video layout - after being suggested in this forum 3 years ago, and promoted as coming soon by Microsoft for months, this was only added to the Microsoft 365 Roadmap web site 16 days ago.

Another example is Featured ID: 62755 for raising hands in meetings - this has already rolled out (at least…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More granular invitation management (roster changes and notifications of same)

Build into Teams meetings the same options for roster changes we've seen in the Outlook Calendar for decades: when adding a new invitee (or removing an existing one), provide options to send or not send notifications, and whether those notifications go to just the affected invitee, or the entire roster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adicionar opção de "Bloquear pessoas"

Adicionar opção para bloquear pessoas, que te estão sempre a incomodar, a ligar-te constantemente, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. List *all* new users added to a peer-to-peer chat when 3 or more are added at once

Scenario:
    1. Ongoing group chat (in peer-to-peer chats, not in a Team) of a group of 13+ users
    2. One chat member (User A) adds 3 users (User B, User C and User D) to the chat and shares previous conversation history with them.
    3. The chat reports "User A added User B and 2 others to the chat")
    Issue:
    4. The chat doesn't identify who the "2 others" are.

This is important to know because new people added to the chat are not automatically given access to the chat files. People who've uploaded files to the chat need to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show Modified By and Modified columns in the Files area of peer-to-peer Chats

Files in a Teams Team (saved in SharePoint on upload) show these columns.

Files in a Teams Chat (saved in OneDrive on upload) do not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Choose availability status to show for different contacts in the list

I would like to be able to set my status to 'busy' or 'available' or anything else to a specific group of people or specific contacts. Basically would like to customize my availability status depending on contact.
    Something like, 'show "Busy" to everyone except:' and be able to choose contacts or a group of contacts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When you add an external user to a group, I'd like to select the language of the mail they receive

We use Teams in Spanish. If I add users within our organization to a group, they receive a mail in Spanish. But if someone I add is external to us he will receive a mail with header "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams" in English. How can I get all mails going out in a particular language? Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. People Alert

Allow me to tag a person and receive an alert when they are free / green.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow sending audio as a question in Live Events

A more interactive way in Live Events would be to allow participants to send an audio message with a question to the moderator, and the moderator to choose whether to listen only and respond or post so that the presenter can respond. I believe that the interaction options would be many.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. direct monitoring for headsets

If you use closed headphones and dedicated mic, you might want to hear yourself. This way you would get feedback while and how you talk in order to properly regulate your own voice and volume.

So it would be great to have a feature that takes the input signal from the mic and sends it straight to the headphone. Additionally, it would be great to control loudness of this feedback loop relative to the mic volume, e.g. a slider default on 0, +6db on max and -6db on min.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Permettre aux utilisateurs de bloquer l'enregistrement vidéo lors d'une réunion visio

Permettre aux utilisateurs de bloquer l'enregistrement vidéo lors d'une réunion visio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Before entering a meeting, see list of people that are in meeting and meeting status.

Currently there is no indicator for if the meeting has started or not or if the meeting has ended.

Desired feature(s) and behavior:
    - When a meeting begins, push the meeting chat to the top of the 'Chat' panel with an indicator that there is an ongoing meeting. (Maybe have a category above pinned for ongoing meetings).
    - Before entering a meeting, I'd like to see who is in this meeting and who isn't.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. default status

please make my status default to "available" after a call is closed. I forget and it stays on "busy" until I notice it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Microsoft teams users to have an access to change their profile name.

In some cases while the account is created sometimes it might be wrongly registered by the mistake made unknowingly by the user, so we need to have an access to change our profile names.
    Not only in these cases but in other cases we need to have a change in our profile name as per the situation is concerned , so i think there should be an additional option to be inserted in this Microsoft teams i.e,
    to allow the users to have an access to change their profile names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. select background in web app

the Teams web app does not support to chose a background photo like the desktop app. pls include the same functionality for the Teams web app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mute/ Do Not Disturb

You need to create a mute/do not disturb feature or feature that can allow the user to leave the chat with this messaging....I do NOT want to hear my co-workers chatting about something other than work and have to be notified in email, the app and the sound...its too much and annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show who answered an incoming call on a shared phone line

We have multiple shared phone lines active.

It would be great if we could see who has answered the phone call, like it was on Skype. This is especially helpful since we are all working from home currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic translation of submitted improvements to a users default language

Can you have these submitted ideas be translated by a service like Google translate automatically to a default language of a user? There are several Ideas posted here that I can't read since they aren't in a language that I know.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Schedule a Teams meeting using team name

Make it possible to schedule a Teams meeting by just typing the name of the team in the addressee box and deliver the invite to all members of that particular team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base