Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Record session in Android Teams app

There is an option to start "Recording session" on Android Teams app & after the session ended I couldn't find it anywhere within the app, only to later find out from help section that it works only on laptop application. I don't see any purpose for having this unless it works. Could you please enable this feature to work on mobile app or disable it altogether. We wouldn't want the users to think it's working & be disappointed later that the recording hasn't happened.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share a Tab during a call (similar with Whiteboards)

Share a Tab and let the participants to interact with it collaboratively during a call (similar with Whiteboards or PowerPoint)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 最新の会話が一番上にくる表示が欲しい

会話の履歴をおうには、下の方向に読むことになるので、不便。一番新しいものが一番上に表示されるようなModeがほしいです。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it work faster, play video files in a streaming way without waiting till it's fully loaded

Make it work faster, play video files in a streaming way without waiting till it's fully loaded

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change existing team to a different type

Now that I know more about the options in the different types of Teams, I would like to change an existing PLCTeam to a Staff Team without having to start over from scratch. I was not aware that different Teams had different integrated functions at first. I'm sure this would apply to other types of Teams as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. edit

Comments need to be able to edit or deleted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. search bar freezing & date searches

My teams app on W10 Pro is generally stable until I use the search bar. If the result is within a day or so fine, but if its more than that teams starts lagging terribly, sometimes it hangs completely for over 10 minutes before I manually close it. Additionally closing isn't good enough as you have to exit from the taskbar to fix it. IT seems like the search just keeps going and there's too many results to handle. Adding advanced search features like date/time range will help limit results and amount of query time on the internal systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Incoming PSTN calls don't reliably ring on Android

On an LG V40, after closing the app, incoming PSTN calls no longer ring. Permissions for all notifications are turned on and the phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode. I do however immediately receive a missed call notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. can the Team chat be exposed as RSS , so that we will connect with micorosoft dynamics social engagement

Team chat be exposed as RSS ?

so that we will connect with Microsoft dynamics social engagement for analysis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile app: don't show notification badge when notifications are turned off/blocked

I have Android app, running on Microsoft Launcher. Please do not show notification count on icon when I have notifications turned off and blocked. This is still a notification, and I don't want to see it. At least have an option to turn it off, all I see is that notifications are off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I recorded a two-hour meeting yesterday but never got a link. Where is my recording and how can I access it...?

This is a problem more than a feature suggestion. We recorded a meeting yesterday for almost two hours and then never got a link/notification. I always put the link in the meeting notes, but not sure what happened to my meeting...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. sorting

I want to priorise a backlog list, but as the bucket is getting packed with task, I could really use a compact layout list of a bucket.

However, being able to sort a bucket by labels or date (multi-sorting would be even better) could be a good way to review priorisation and would be a nice upgrade.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scroll bars visibility in windows, e-mail etc

Not all changes are good or required! The old scroll bars in windows were better as they had good contrast in comparison with windows colour and were visible all the time even colours adjustable by user. The new one make me feel like blind person who have to move their white stick forward to find their way forward! The bars are too thin in grey colour almost the same as colour of the window.

I feel somebody who designed them did not have a clue!! It is sad that something what was designed by young may be too enthusiastic person…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. paste image into planboard (ctrl-v)

adding a file or image to a task in planner is cumbersome.
    drag/drop, upload, ctrl-v are commonly available in other planboard solutions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Block countries international calls

It would be very handy if we could restrict the countries our users can dial on our international plan. We only work with companies in 4 other countries (India, Poland, Ireland, America) so we want to explicitly restrict them to just these countries

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Contacts always visible in left sidebar

Individuals are hidden in teams but should be prominent in the sidebar next to the teams option. Now they are hidden in the chat option under the contacts tab - very unintuitive and unproductive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share the Teams tabs work area only

Being able to share the tabs work area only, would be great when working on and reviewing content as a Team. Not sharing the full window and therefore hiding the left pane navigation, which could contain sensitive information especially when having external users on the call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Desktop app freezes on search

When using the search bar at the top of the desktop app window, the app always freezes up for 3 to 5 minutes. Restarting the app doesn't seem to help -- the search term is still in the search bar, and the app freezes on load.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I cant't view Saved Messages and saved message page always clear

I tried to save messages in Conversation, after that I tried to show saved messages I find saved messages page clear why ??
    although in conversation still give me messages saved
    I'm using chrome browser

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Extend the Get-Team PowerShell Cmdlet

Extend the Get-Team cmdlet to return the Team Site's URL and/or Alias.

The Get-Team cmdlet currently only returns:
    - GorupId
    - Title
    - Description

Most if not all of the SET cmdlets (including New-TeamChannel) require the GroupId to be passed in before an operation can be processed.

To get the GorupId for a Microsoft Team we need to either:
    - Call the Get-UnifiedGroup cmdlet which requires a different:
    - - PoweShell Module to be installed
    - - Type of connection (e.g. Graph Scopes)
    - Write a bit of "hacky" code to match on the title & Description…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base