Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show Shifts requests in calendar to make planning easier

Make it easier to plan vacation for the whole teams by showing the requests in the calendar view. It should be obvious when a team member is not available to work because he has been granted or has requested time off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. save last channel view

This are my common facts:
    - I'm reading a documentation in just another wiki page in channel 'Documentation'.
    - Someone talk to me by private messager or in a channel.
    - I move into then in order to read it
    - When I want to recover my Documentation task, Teams redirection me to the "Documentation channel default view".

This is not good and I think you will improve this feature.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On minimize the main application, there should be small view of the application at the top of all apps. Just like zoom does on minimize.

On minimize the main application, there should be small view of the application at the top of all apps. Just like zoom does on minimize.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Do not display Contacts | Favorites unless the user actually has Favorites

Screen real-estate is valuable. Taking up space with something that a user doesn't use causes excessive scrolling. Forcing a user to give up space to Contacts | Favorites when they don't use Favorites within Contacts causes loss of productivity, frustrates the user and costs the company real money.

Do not show "Favorites" under Contacts unless the user actually marks a contact as a Favorite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix reference material links on this page

https://TeamsBlog
    https://M365Roadmap

These links do not resolve for those of us outside of Microsoft.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don’t put the record button where the send button is.

Whenever I push send, it also records since the send button turns into a record button shortly after. Please relocate the record button.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Feature that posts recurring messages automatically and mentions specific users

We want to send notifications for certain topic on a regular basis so that it would be great if I could have a feature posting recurring messages automatically and mentioning specific users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like you to add search methods such as Soft-match and suffix search when finding user in Teams

I would like you to implement Soft-match and suffix search feature when searching users in Teams. Because the partial suffix search doesn’t perfectly work and sometimes we can’t retrieve expected search results unless using prefix or full keywords.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customizing apps within app launcher in Web client

Unlike Office 365 portal, there is no customization feature in app launcher at the upper left corner in Teams Web client.

It would be better if I could use this function to hide unused apps or show frequently used apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Word wrap in code view mobile

Could we have an option to toggle word wrap when viewing code on the mobile platform. When in portrait mode the word wrap can be difficult to read.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Watching a video in Teams section, you can't respond to incoming chat. Pls make it so when you return to the video, it continue where it lef

Watching a video in Teams section, you can't respond to incoming chat without the video losing its place. It would be great if when you return to Teams to continue the video, that it would be paused and continued where it left off

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to be able to shrink teams so that I can put them on a small portion of my screen so that I can see it at all times.

I would like to be able to shrink teams so that I can put them on a small portion of my screen so that I can see it at all times.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set notification setting on mobile app to "Always"

I need the feature to force [Send Notifications] to "Always" on Teams mobile app, for example, force the setting by Teams policy (Set-CsxxxxPolicy) or intune app configuration policy.
    On Teams mobile app, the default value of [Send Notifications] is "Only when inactive on desktop" now. This setting cause the miss notifications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Want to inform system administrators when we shared files to external users

I would request a notification feature for Microsoft Teams to send alerts or e-mails to system administrators if we shared files to external users (guest users).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Usage reporting available to Team Owners (not just IT people)

I can access some information via sharepoint as to the usage on my teams site but not in teams. Why? Is this because I'm not an IT administrator? I need to be able to see who is using the site and how active they are so I can help inspire/educate people to get involved and active on the site. I HATE having to call IT to get usage information...it is crazy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. share link

When sharing a link, it is always broken due to # in the URL. Is there a way to avoid this? I am sure many recepients are facing this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Requesting view shared desktop feature on android version of team

Requesting view shared desktop feature on android version of team

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MS Teams & SKFB Billing Capabilities

Once migrated from a third vendor UC or IP PBX system to MS Temas or SKFB, we loose the abillity of billing users calls when connecting to an external SIP Trunk through an SBC. It would be nice to have the capacity to exports call detail records (CDRs) towards a billing server, or better if we can export and work with them to be able to generate reports in MS Power BI.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base