Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The conversations thread is super confusing.

It was much cleaner in Staffhub. Replying on a thread is confusing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Condensed view for multiple organzations

I'd like a condensed view that allows me to see chat messages, team messages and related tasks for each organization on one page without having to login/out for each organization. A dashboard with all my work and messages would be helpful since it is used for projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support KQL in code snippets

We are heavily invested in Azure Monitor and would like to see Code Snippets support the KQL language.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding more emoji icons

I would like to see more emoti iconons in MS Teams. For example I would like to add teardrop emoji icon when the build failed or someone said that something was hardcoded or unit tests are missing...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show automated channel messages in the Teams analytics

It would be good to be able to see the automated each users posts in the Teams usage admin analytics. These are still messages posted by the users so they should be counted in their channel messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Internal Links

Currently there is support to generate links from Tasks, comments, channels etc. However these links are too cumbersome for internal referencing within a channel or team. Ideally I should be able to link tasks, comments and wiki pages within a channel\team more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Intentionally change how the user name be shown

I would like to change how the user name be shown on the invitation message and the welcome message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a feature that will allow you to add an already created Team group to a new chat and name it with a different title

I can create teams of individuals in a group chat. I would then like to take that group and open up an entirely new chat with all the members of that group and create a new chat with a new title. In other words, say I have a group named after an Application Support- Graham application. I would then like to right click it and start a new conversation in a totally new group chat called P1-Ticket Graham application experiencing slowness/latency. I don't want to just type in my existing group chat named Graham application. Make sense. Please contact me…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search by employee username via Teams chat

Would be fantastic if Teams gave us the ability to store a unique user ID to be searchable in Teams chat along with the user's name (e.g. "Denver, John, DEN66834").Our company uses usernames, often as the only identifier on a marked-up document or an article. If I do not know the person's first and last name, I cannot look them up on Teams to ask for clarifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better and more frequent updates to Uservoice voting community on Microsoft Teams features

Please provide more current updates for the top voted ideas, especially if you say something is under development and coming soon. Perhaps also provide a link to the M365 roadmap item, and make sure these items are actually on the roadmap please. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe Spark Connector

Have an Adobe Spark connector set up, allowing the various Spark creations (page, video, post) to be embedded as a tab in a Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can we develop shifts that can be repeated

We build our schedule every 6 weeks, all staff are on track ( 3 12 hour shifts per week). The shifts are the same each week. Example
    Week 1 m,w,f Week 2 s, th,f
    if we can have a DRAFT schedule to populate the tracks we can then post them once populated. Copying the current schedule does not work due to swaps, added shifts etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quick React / Like from Toast notification preview

It would be useful to be able to react to a message quickly in the same way as being able to quick reply via the toast popup. Using 'like' as an acknowledgement of a message is something that is good to do quickly and nicer than having to open Teams to type 'ok'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. List all channels, but let members join

Currently, when a new channel is created, everyone on the team is added to it (correct??).

Instead, let the person who makes the channel add people AND let members join the channels.

Right now if I make a channel that some people are not interested in being in, they will get notifications for it until they hide it.

This is how slack is set up, still allows for public channels and open access to them, but limits unwanted notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Microsoft Teams, when uploading files, I noticed that Excel sheets lose page tabs making the file unusable. Please advise.

In Microsoft Teams, when uploading files, I noticed that Excel sheets lose page tabs making the file unusable. Please advise

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When you switch to Chat tab and then back to Teams tab, it should not bring you to the home page of the Team you are in.

If you are deep in a Teams folder and then switch to Chat and then back to Teams, it should keep you in the same spot of that folder, not back to the homepage of the Teams file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base