Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to use contents search to retrieve information about members being added and joining in the chat

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    グループチャットへメンバーが参加、あるいは追加したという情報を、会話履歴として、コンテンツ検索から取得できるよう機能実装を要望します
    I want to use contents search to retrieve information about members being added and joining in the chat

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能ではグループチャットの会話履歴として IM の内容しか取得できないため、グループチャットへメンバーが参加したり、追加された情報について取得ができない動作を確認しております。
    IM の会話履歴以外にも、グループチャットへのメンバーの参加や追加の情報も取得できるよう機能拡充を要望します。
    Currently only the group chat history content for IM can be retrieved, and information like members joining in the group chat, members being added to the group chat cannot be retrieved.
    I hope that this feature can be changed to retrieve information about members being added and joining in the chat, and not just IM chat history information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to cross post to the "general Channel" with a simple mention vs format change

if you are posting a new conversation in one channel, and want it to also show in the "general channel" so no one misses it as they are reviewing a day's work, you should be able to mark something in the conversation or reply to have the comment show in multiple channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Descriptions for Fields in Call History Debug Page

Can we get an article describing in detail what all of the fields within the Debug section of a call mean? This might help IT people working with the product to identify and correct issues without placing a ticket each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DLP not applying when chatting to Non Teams external client (i.e Skype \ SfB)

Sensitive data when sent to a non Teams client via chat is delivered despite there being a DLP policy that should be blocking it. After speaking to MS support this is either by design or a known issue. The idea of DLP is that it should block sensitive information regardless of external client software.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When in a teams conversation, mute the new notifications from the user I am talking with. The continual BLoop, bloop, bloop is annoying.

When in a teams conversation, mute the new notifications from the user I am talking with. The continual BLoop, bloop, bloop is annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. modern authentication skype for business issue

After enabling tenant for modern authentication skype for business asking for user id and password when system restarted

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Editable Signature

Editable Signature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better integration of IP Phone with Desktop and Mobile Experience

1) Ability to Transfer from IP Phone to Soft phone and back. (I think now you have to park the call and then pick it up)
    2) Ability to dial call from Outlook, but from the IP phone rather than only the soft client. in other words, if I am on my computer and select a contact in Outlook to call, it calls using the Team app on my desktop rather than the ability to use my IP phone. Shoretel has had this functionality for at least 13 years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Document Icon with assigment

When a student has already attached (or made) a document with an assignment I now have to click on all students to see that there is already a document. It would be easy to see a small icon with the student in assignments to see that they have actually started the assignment. This helps tracking the progress of assignments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make conversation links to files persistent.

If I open a file that's stored in a channel and click to create a conversation this opens a conversation with a link to the file in the channel, but if I go back to the file and repeat this process a new conversation is created rather than opening the original conversation.

It would be very useful for the file -> conversation link to be persistent so any discussion of a particular file can be easily found and continued as a file is reviewed and refined over a long period of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Send the push notification to administrators to notify the team deletion

When a user deletes a team within Teams, it would be great that the push notification would be sent to administrators to notify the team deletion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable notifications when creating a group on Teams

When a group is created on teams, notifications are not enabled by default and therefore each member of the group must enable them.

Make sure, Microsoft, that when the group is created the notifications are already active for every single component of the group created.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. On an iPad, Why oh Why is there no simple LOGOFF button inside of teams? for multi user classroom iPad use?

On an iPad, Why oh Why is there no simple LOGOFF button inside of teams? for multi user classroom iPad use?

If I as admin login, and swipe away the app, the next person to use TEAMS sees everything that is mine. PLEASE FIX THIS ON ALL VERSIONS of the app, we have older iPads (ios9) and its a game changer. Or a non starter for us as a school.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Возможность звонить на телефон новому кандидату, если он еще не в компании. Кнопки для набора и тд..

Возможность звонить на телефон новому кандидату, если он еще не в компании. Кнопки для набора и тд.. как в Skype for Business

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deactivate personal chat during lessons

It would be great that a educator can deactivate the personal chat for his students during a lesson. So the students can focus on the lesson instead of sending personal chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Authentication at startup

When starting a team, the function to set "User ID" and "Password" every time is required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams On-Prem

Teams On-Prem version is a must for customers who don't accept cloud solutions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to be able to see when someone I am chatting with has viewed my message

I want to be able to see when someone I am chatting with in Teams CHAT has viewed my message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open document in Teams when attached to a Task in a Planner tab

Allow for documents attached to a Task in a Planner tab to be opened and edited within Teams. This is already the case for documents opened from the Files tab (OneDrive)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base