Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to edit Live Event to add Q&A if not previously chosen

Cant see the options to edit the live event fully as per during set-up

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to share videos and files in meeting on iPad

When in a meeting I can’t upload any files into the meeting not even from my OneDrive account so I HAVE to broadcast my screen. I also can’t get my students to hear any audio when I lay a YouTube video or any video during a meeting. Sometimes it’s easier for me to play the video to control the class and them not being able to hear forces me o send them the link in the chat and then everyone listens at different times thereby slowing down the pace of my class. Please include audio sharing in the iPad version…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage user is always empty for Live events policies

While Managing User option for Live event polices at M365 Teams Admin Center and hit the Apply button, the page shows that users are added.

But when click on Manage users, it always shows no user added.

Its very similar to this UserVoice: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40224004-manage-users-for-policies

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove quoted replies from mobile until it ships on desktop

Stop teasing us about not having quoted replies on desktop. Remove it from mobile, so our expectations are not raised.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. background/interval music when everybody is on mute (awkard silence)

At times everybody is on mute whilst waiting for a presenter or a participant to complete a task offiline. It would be useful to have music play when everybody is on mute. This feature could be toggle on or off by the meeting organiser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quick toggle between multiple screen displays

It would be really useful if I could quickly toggle from screen 1 to 2 during sharing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically leave conversation on Hang Up

Coming to Teams from Skype, it's odd to see that we are still technically in a meeting once we hang up from a video/audio conference call. Most of the time nobody is using the chat window in this case.

It would be nice to just automatically leave the conversation when you click the "hang up" button. If you didn't want to participate but still have chat, you can just mute your mic and turn off camera; so it doesn't make sense.

I think this should be a preference specified by the user or team organizer, and you could maybe have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In Desktop Teams ,Currently there is no way to reply to specific message in a chat

Currently there is no way to reply to specific message in a chat, Consider in a group chat, if i have to reply to old messages ,i don't have an option and i have to break the current conversation which will confuses everyone , especially when you have more people in the group chat .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reply to a message from someone NOT available on the laptop version of this app

Reply to a message from someone NOT available on the laptop version of this app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move active speaker to the top of the screen

When not sharing content, the active speaker can be in random locations on the screen. It would be great if there was an option to make that person stay in the top and centered as to be closest to the webcam. This would help with line of sight. making it look like you are looking at them more.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Waiting to be graded area? Or not marked Completed until graded?

Once my students submit their assignments, they think they are good as it moves the work to the Completed section. HOWEVER, I have students who have turned in work by accident without realizing it, or who turn it in so any parents who check just see that they have no more Assignments due. From what I can tell, when I return Assignments that were not complete or need something fixed, it stays in their Completed section, which they don't always look at unless their the type of student who really likes to check teacher feedback. Could work not be moved…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Contact online activity

Under Chat>Contacts, I want my network of contacts to view status messages and online activity i.e. available, duration away from PC, busy, in a call, etc. next to the contact name as in Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Single message to multiple contacts at a once without creating a group.

After making contact group, there is no facility to select multiple contacts at the time from the contact group. I wish if I can send the same message individually to multiple contacts without creating a group. Right now I am facing this issue like I want to send the same message to multiple persons but I want the private response from the individual. If Microsoft can add this feature, it will help everyone a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Invitation Email to Team - Disable function

We are a school that uses teams for teaching now. both remote and on the school.
    We get spammed every time a teacher / owner, invites a class to a meeting.?

As co. owner/teachers in a team, we are bombarded with meeting invites/notifikcations each time another owner/teacher invites a claas to meeting.

It makes it total confusing for the teachers.
    Need a disable function.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Links in the files section

As we work remotely we are using the files section in a channel more like a resource share. It would be great if we could have at least one more thing to add to keep things together. And that is a Add a link to an external resource. This used to be a common feature of LMSs as faculty created resource groups for class and projects..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fire emoji?

Fire emoji.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Participant/attendee sidebar for iPadOS like desktop

In a meeting or class, when I want to see the list of who is present (take attendance), it would be nice for iPadOS MS Teams to have the same semi-transparent sidebar of participants rather than shift away from video to a screen displaying just the list. The desktop version has this feature of allowing one to continue to see the various participants talking away while simply putting a list on the side. There is enough screen space on tablets to mimic this. Seems to be a leftover from the phone app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base