Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. rework call buttons

Hello people,

I find it pretty inconvenient to have those call buttons so close to each other, and many times I miss the button I aim and click some other, especially when I'm in a hurry, switching among many windows on the same screen.

I would suggest to implement a second level buttons (a confirmation buttons) for the screen sharing, for the camera on, for the request control and especially for hanging up button. It should not react immediately when you click a button, but it should open a short menu with the confirmation button on it.

I guess this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Large gallery view

While in Large gallery view (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17010055-show-video-for-all-people-in-video-meeting?tracking_code=372c9718c0999595f2452605171a48f4) , the participant list below is still shown. While in catalog view only the participants that do not fit in the 3x3 catalog are shown beneath.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Bookings more reliable and tightly integrated with Teams and Outlook

Most service businesses rely heavily on pre-scheduled appointments. And most business would prefer to have customers book online for convenience. We have tried Bookings for this purpose, but we found this it is not reliable nor robust enough yet to be used as our primary source for online bookings. It would be very beneficial to have Bookings be competitive with other third party applications, so that it is reliable and tightly integrated with Teams and Outlook calendar. One the primary reasons we tried MS 365 is because Bookings was offered. It has not met expectations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bookings (Virtual Visits)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While screen sharing - Need a large pointer to show where my cursor is. This helps the viewers to focus. Similar to PPT pointer...

While screen sharing - Need a large pointer to show where my cursor is. This helps the viewers to focus. Similar to PPT pointer...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add activities that can be retrieved from audit logs

*English follows Japanese

監査ログで取得できるアクティビティの追加希望
    Add activities that can be retrieved from audit logs

■Description(内容):
    現在は取得できない以下の2 種類の Microsoft Teams アクティビティを 監査ログで取得可能とする機能拡充を希望します。
    - Microsoft Teams 会議中の発言 (発言したユーザーに画面が移動した数)
    - Microsoft Teams 会議の挙手の数

Please make the following 2 activities retrievable from audit logs
    - The number of talks during a Microsoft Teams meeting (The number of times the screen turned to the speaker)
    - The number of raised hands during a Microsoft Teams meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. teams calendar

our company want to have a calendar for booking a conference room , the requirement is very simple.

just would like to ask teams is good for use as calendar ?

I know outlook calendar can do that , I tried it , but it is rather complicate for us , teams can do the calendar ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Meeting screen on Teams

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の会議の画面表示について
    Meeting screen on Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams の会議中の分割画面は参加ユーザーの人数に応じて自動で分割されるが、ユーザーが必要に応じて表示する人数やメンバーを選択できる機能の拡充を要望いたします。
    併せて、ビデオをオンにしていないユーザーはアイコンが表示され分割画面にも表示されるため、カメラがオンになっているユーザーのみを分割画面に表示して、カメラがオフのユーザーは以前のように画面下にアイコンで配置されるように、ユーザーが自由に選択できる機能の拡充を要望いたします。

Currently, the meeting screen on Teams is divided up automatically depending on the number of users participating, but we would like to be able to choose the number of users or which users are shown on the screen in accordance with our needs.
    Also, since users who do not have their camera turned on are shown as icons on the meeting screen, please add an option so that users can freely choose to only show users with their cameras turned on in the main…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate with libnotify notifications on Linux

On Linux, global notifications are pretty much always handled with libnotify, across desktop environments. Rather than creating your own windows for notifications (that then need to be separately silenced from system notifications). This will also allow Teams to integrate with thins like Do Not Disturb mode, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. simple, weighted, or meta-tagging in Files

I would like to move from SharePoint to Teams, as everyone at my org finds Sharepoint difficult to navigate. We currently drop files in Teams, but I would like to move our entire file library to there, but in order to do so we must be able to tag files. Is there a simple way to do this, like using the people tagging feature but with my own custom made tags? Or, more expertly, do a weighted tag, like in a 100 page document about EV chargers in a latino community in Hillsboro, with the focus being on EV chargers,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable a method to sort Calling Groups

In "Calls" under "Speed dial" there was a default group called "My Group" - I added all my officemates to that group. Later, I created other groups, and those groups appeared below "My Groups" - perfect! But one day, some of the groups moved above "My groups", the groups are not listed in alphabetical order or any sort of order I can determine. Please enable the ability to sort call groups !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. About integration when you have multiple Microsoft accounts, Microsoft 365 licenses, etc.

I currently have multiple Microsoft accounts and Microsoft 365 licenses, and are primarily using Teams and Outlook.
    Since they are disjoint, we would like to implement a function that integrates them.

For example, if you're using Teams with your Microsoft account, you can't currently migrate data to Teams in your other Microsoft 365 account, so it's even more convenient to be able to integrate them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fone bluetooth nao funciona no teams

Nao deveria haver restricoes para tipos de fone de ouvido. Comprei um fone bluetooth que nao funciona somente no teams. Em todo restante funciona. Depois q descobri que existe uma lista de fones homologados pelo teams. Fala sério!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Introduce "Reply" function in the desktop app

In the Teams Mobile version there is the option to reply to each message in the chat. But this option is not available in Desktop App.
    It's a must, really.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sharing my ipad screen !

Hi There, I would like to share some drawings with my team mates while our video call meeting. I believe that it can be better if participants share their device screen in any time at the meeting...
    Regards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Too slow and poor performance

It is corrupting the system.the whole system is hanging because of this application.And more over the performance is very poor.
    Because of the issue lagging with audio along with video we can't pay attention to listen.
    The most irritating problem is continuously it keep on raising technical issues like screen not visible or audio not audible or the screen will hang and it's all corrupting the whole system..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the Default view of Stream App in Teams to show Organisation Channels instead of My Watchlist

Currently in MS Teams, when you click the Stream app it will show MyWatchlist as default. In order to access videos users must then open Stream externaly and then go to Discover > Channels.

My suggestion is the ability to modify the Stream App inside Teams to show the Channels of your organisation in place of My Watchlist as the default "home" view. I have attached examples of our cuttent settings and the settings I am proposing come into effect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About data migration in Microsoft Teams

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でのデータ移行について
    About data migration in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Teamsでのやり取りをバックアップし、他のテナントにあるTeamsのチャネルにデータ移行可能な機能を追加してほしい
    Back up your Interactions with Teams and add data-migratable capabilities to Teams channels in other tenants

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete the overall chat with a person / team

Please add a feature that helps in deleting complete conversation history with a person or a group permanently. This might help is clearing unnecessary data from storage space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dock chat as side bar window like Skype for Business

When in the chat section of Teams, offer a view which allows you to dock/pop-out the chat section as its own window / side-bar; similar to how Skype for Business looks.

Right now you can "pop out" chats - I would like to be able to pop out the whole Chat status window, like SfB. A quick glance of who is online, away, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base