Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just get rid of it.

This application is utter garbage. The UI is bloated and the app takes nearly half a gigabyte of RAM, which is totally trash for the small computers we have at school, which also have no fans and are prone to overheating. Teams is slow, bulky, unappealing, tacky, bloated, and utterly pointless. Other free applications, like Discord and Skype (yes, Skype. you guys knew what you were doing with Skype, what the **** did you do with Teams?), do the job of easy collaboration, communication, and filesharing much better. I hope to god Microsoft decides to kill this failed abortion ASAP.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Redirect me to a new file location by clicking the original file path link after changing the file location

A file path link will be invalid when a file location has been changed.
    I request that the old path link redirect me to the new location of the file by clicking the former path link.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. URL on the message doesn’t work if the message is sent by the Flow action

With using the Send me an email notification option via the Flow action, URL on the message doesn’t work and line breaks on the message won’t be reflected if the message is sent to Teams channel. I would request you to fix the behavior.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Time tracking as on Staffhub is missing

it would be great to see real hours in compare to planned hours.
    And if there would be tracked hours as API-object it can be inegrated into third party systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook email forwarding to OneNote or Teams by user

Teams seemingly meant to overpass outlook on many areas, would need more awareness from Outlook of dock ends for channels on Teams as well as for docks on OneNote documents inside Teams. Just some automapping from Outlook of forwardings available to the Teams channels and OneNote documents the same user has access to, so the user is no more than clicks away from being able to do so

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Compliance Media Recording

Compliance Media Recording of ALL P2P, Conference and PSTN. This is ALL calls internal and external - very similar to the verba platform that runs for Skype for Business 2015/2019.

Financial Places cannot migrate to teams as this feature is not available.. only external calls via Ribbon using MiDA works... this is not enough...

Also the ability to store on WORM storage and ediscovery is a MUST

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add GOT trivia question each time someone wants to use a GOT meme/gif

Please add GOT trivia question each time someone wants to use a GOT meme/gif and prevent plebs from doing this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage voicemail notifications with Powershell

Please add ability to enable/disable voicemail notifications, the way it works with transcription via Set-CsOnlineVoicemailPolicy -EnableTranscription $false

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams won't sync status w/ Office "Don't send automatic replies" setting

Although I have already set "Don't send automatic replies" after being OOO, Teams doesn't sync and continues to display the OOO message. Reset status and any status change from Teams fails to apply.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can I add more than 50 people on a group?

Can I add more than 50 people on a group, I have new teammates that needs to be added to an existing group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a way to do recurring schedules in the Teams application

It would be nice to be able to set up recurring schedules in the Teams application so that you do not have to continue to add it in each time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Coversations in SharePoint to go Teams instead of Outlook for Teams enabled groups

When you create a Team, and you click the link to "open in SharePoint", the left navigation panel has a link to "Conversations". If you click on Conversations, you are taken to Outlook instead of the Conversations feature inside of Teams. Conversations should link to Teams for Teams enabled groups

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. duplicate shifts occur when copying a schedule

When we copy a schedule from one week to a week in the future in order to replicate our schedule, if that future week has any entries in it already instead of overwriting the week with the new data it just adds duplicates entries. What would be great would be to copy a completed schedule from a week and replicated it across a month or more without this duplication occurring

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Simple client

You should release a simple Client for customers that are only using this feature for videoconferencing/Meetings
    I personaly think that the Teams Client is to complicated for the average user to use in general.
    Also had a lot of issues With tenants that have been upgraded and have misses Meetings With external customers due to the fact that they are not able to contact external Clients in S4B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Audit Log: enhence audit log add "User (Self) Joined a Team"

we are using the Audit log to create to create PowerBI reports for the user adoptions measurement.

can you please add the following event in Teams Audit Log?
    User (Self) Joined a Team

to give you a bit more details we are using the audit log as documented here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office365/securitycompliance/detailed-properties-in-the-office-365-audit-log

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel Issue

Hello, I am facing issue in my excel file. One of the sheet in my excel is password protected, but when I upload my excel file in Teams ,Protected sheet becomes un-protected. Please help to resolve this issue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ability to delete a document in the files section of a chat

ability to delete a document from the files section of a chat. This may already be available but I have not been able to figure it out. If it is available, make the directions clear.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please move the mic button.

Moving the mic button so it is not located where the message send button is. Very frustrating to send a message, have slight delay in the message sending go to tap the send button and it changes to mic. Anywhere else right now would be better than it’s current placing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it understand Markdown

Markdown used to work for creating links in a conversation but has recently just stopped working for no apparent reason in Teams for Mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base