Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Favorites Section that combines all other things

Finding things is hard in Teams. Even finding your favorite Teams is hard. This encourages people to use Chat over Teams. Private Chats don't have all the cool features and they are exclusive.

I want to be able to favorite anything in teams and have it be available in one spot. Favorites would be a sibling to Activity, Chat, Teams, Files, ...

Allow us to favorite anything, then put it in one place to find again. Encourage using the right place instead of the easy place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to dismiss notifications with middle click

It would be much quicker if we could dismiss the notifications with a single click of the wheel button, as most notifications on Windows do, instead of having to hunt for the hidden X on every single notification.

Cheers!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete coversations instead of hide

Unable to unhide messages. Would be better to have the option to delete the entire conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to offer a Shift to their entire group

If a user is unable to work a shift and needs someone from their group to cover for them, they should be able to offer the shift to all users in their group. There is already functionality for offering to multiple users, but in a group with 20+ people it becomes a bit unwieldy to select everybody.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fortran Syntax Highlighting in MS Teams

Hi,

It would be very useful if you could add Fortran (modern format) to the syntax highlighting options in Microsoft Teams. In the "code snippet" box. It would be very useful to users from the scientific and HPC community.

Cheers!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Screen sharing remote control bug

If user1 shares her screen with user2, and user2 requests control, there is no problem. If user2 shares screen with user1, and clicks on the Give control button at the top, there is an issue. The area directly under the "so and so has control" box is unusable by user2. I tried drawing with paint in this area, but could not from user1's computer. It seems like within this invisible box, there is something in the way. If anything is within this area I cannot click on it. For example, in the 2nd screenshot, I cannot click on the close…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Member within Shifts

Enable user in Shifts to hover over listed member & get phone #\call, chat or email same way (hover over) as inside team channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Merge with skype and teams chats so reply on any

I have two clients one with Skype and one teams..

People are using either one or other.
    So you should able to reply to either on Skype or team's not on both.

If someone msg u on teams it should appear on Skype.

If someone message you in skype it should appear teams.

Otherwise I'm using two different application to reply to chats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Outlook Groups

In Outlook Groups, it would be nice to be able to add other Groups versus having to individually add emails. In my company, I have various technical Groups that I'm responsible for, but sometimes I want a message to go out to my full group. It is cumbersome to have to add all the emails again. It would be easier just to create a combined group with the three Groups I've already created.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search Office 365 files with only Microsoft Teams

It would be nice to have a feature that can search O365 files such as Outlook/SharePoint Online/Microsoft Teams files and launch each app by one click with only Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enabling the possibility of opening 2 windows at the same time in Microsoft Teams

Once one is for ex. in the teams view looking into a file one would also like the possibility of opening the chat in another window to communicate with someone about what one sees in the file window. Without having to go out of the files window and into the chat room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Settings for contact list appearance for option to change to a compressed view without icons

This option under settings would update the appearance of the contact list to display more people in less space (better use of screen real estate). Whenever I showed this little known feature of Skype, people that I know would update because it reduces the need to scroll.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio Refresh

A Refresh Icon (tool) in Teams to improve audio. Other web conferencing software's have a refresh tool to improve the audio connection. Echoing is a constant persistent problem on Teams, especially when some people have slower internet connection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View Available Staff on Mobile App

Please implement a feature to display available staff with no shifts on the mobile app. For managers to see who is available and assign on the go.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whenever we open Teams, there can be a common homepage until we select a conversation.

Whenever we open Teams, it shows up the chat from the last time we open, eventhough we have not selected it. There can be a common landing page which can be displayed when we don't wish to see any conversations.

Teams always keep displaying some conversation which we have not selected to display at that point.

That is a bit frustrating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. skype for business, you could see the status of the person right under their name. With Teams you have to hover over their name to see their

skype for business, you could see the status message of the person right under their name. With Teams you have to hover over their name to see their status .We want to see everyones status message without having to hover over their name on main chat page. Possible?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shifts Tool

I have a few feedbacks:

1. As soon as "Time Off" is applied in "Shifts" tool and its either approved / declined, then entire schedule of the group goes haywire. All agent's schedule gets jumbled up. At times, other resource's shift or leave also get shuffled up.

2. If I copy entire schedule of a given month to next month, then entire schedule doesnt get copied. Entire schedule need to be recreated.

3. If I update schedule of any team member or if I apply leave, then entire row of schedule shifts to the bottom of the group and gets jumbled up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Like features on Microsoft Outlook app

Create a "like" button for Microsoft Outlook mobile app, and be able to "likes" when using mobile app. This cuts down on unneeded email clutter, and creates platform feature consistency when moving from desktop/computer to mobile.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. People search don't use middle initial or punctuation

When searching for people don't use middle initial as part of your matching criteria. Most people don't know what other people's middle initials are. Searching on "Jane Doe" should find "Jane X. Doe" or any other combination of Jane Doe with middle initials or none. Currently I get no matches at all.

Additionally within our company some folks have a middle initial with a period and others don't. If I do know a middle initial it should match with or without the period. For example "Jane X. Doe" should match "Jane X Doe".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make copy/paste of messages easier

I try to copy a small part of the message and instead the whole thing gets selected every time - it's very frustrating.
    Someone will send me a Jira story to look at and when I try to grab just the story number - the entire message is selected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base