Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PPTX file on channel; entered text which did not stay inside text box; no way to fix.

I began editing a PPTX file posted on my team channel; I entered text into the body of the slide; however, the text would not stay inside the text box; when I tried to click on the text box, then text snapped back to the way it should look, only to go back to text trailing completely off the screen and slide when I did not have the text box highlighted; there was no way to make it stop. Please add more normal editing tools that work when making edits to PPTX which is already posted on my Team channel.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collaboration bar configuration profiles need ISO8601 date format.

Currently the only available settings are DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY. These are equally awful, and not what Swedish users expect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Renaming Folder or File names break the links

Given the new way of working is to share files using links, not attaching a version everywhere, we should handle the renaming of folder and files more elegantly without breaking the links previously shared out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Serendipitous Meet Ups

How do we replace the meetings around the physical office when you bump into someone by the coffee machine, or happen to walk past someone you might chat to? Teams can use AI to identify your colleagues in your social network, but ones you don't speak to regularly and create a random 10 min meeting/call. You each get the option to decline.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. forms polls - hide results from students

Hide the results of a FORMS poll. I use forms polls to take attendance - sometimes it is low - i don't want students to know that few students have logged in. i want this to be hidden from them, and for only me to see the results of the poll.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ZOOM feature sould be sclaed to 5% at a time, currently it change by 15%, that is too much and we users facing difficulty.

ZOOM feature sould be sclaed to 5% at a time, currently it change by 15%, that is too much and we users facing difficulty.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hold all internal and external meeting attendees in the lobby until admitted, making it easy to run interviews.

I want to be able to admit internal attendees at set times. So I need a feature where I can turn off attendees automatically joining a meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need Offline details in Teams which is available in Skype for Business

We should know Offline details in Teams which is available in Skype for Business. This will help us to understand users offline details.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Regarding linking Microsoft Teams Contacts

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 連絡先の連動について
    Regarding linking Microsoft Teams Contacts

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 左側ナビゲーションバー [通話] - [連絡先] 内に表示される連絡先につきましては、Outlook の "個人連絡先" と連携を確認しているが、Outlook 側で作成したのフォルダーとも [連絡先] の連携が出来ると便利なため、機能の実装を希望いたします。
    Regarding the contacts displayed in [Calls]-[Contacts] on the left side of Microsoft Teams, we have confirmed that they can be linked to "Personal contacts" in Outlook. It will be convenient if folders created in Outlook can be linked with "Contacts" as well, so we hope such a feature will be implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MS Shifts, part of MS Teams, the product badly needs better views and show whole words

• it would be nice to be able to zoom in to a tighter window, i.e. 8hrs instead of an entire day.
    • It would be nice to see the entire name for the Shift activity rather than just the code (i.e. ‘Results’ instead of ‘Re’)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Turn off / go offline in Microsoft Teams for Andoid

Very frequently I'm in a middle of important task on my phone and other people nagging with annoying notifications. I need a simple way to shut it off.

Turn off / Offline or quiet Hour starting NOW and for next 1 hour / 4 hours

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I need the ability to add multiple channels when creating a meeting in Teams which appears not to be available currently.

I need the ability to add multiple channels when creating a meeting in Teams which appears not to be available currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open files in desktop application from Teams

Open Teams links to O365 apps using the desktop application instead of the web apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How about the same features as Windows version?

I don't want much - just the same features available in Windows. Blur or replace background on video chat. More than 4 video images on screen during video chat. Other video chat controls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a 'Vote' function for members of a call. That way you can have many people

Create a 'Vote' or a 'Like/Thumbs Up' function for members of a call. This would allow everyone in a meeting to give their opinion without having to wait for each person to stop talking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configure personalized teams default interface

Ability to save display settings so when you open teams each area displays as you have set the default. I.e. when you open chat - it defaults to Contacts or Chat depending on what you set.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. post count by user

As a team owner, I'd like to be able to track the number posts and replies made for my team at the user and channel level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User status view

A tab or menu option to give a single view of status' for all users. I know the status is shown for each individual in chat - but would like a single source for quick review to see who is in/out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unlock the "order" feature of default tabs

If Microsoft Teams will not allow the removal of any "default" tabs from a team, then the order of those tabs should be flexible. For example, I want to move the "assignments" tab next to the "files" tab, however the "class notebook" tab (which I don't need at all) is in the middle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base