Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. edit two workbooks at the same time instead of clicking on files all the time to access a second workbook

would be great to edit two workbooks at the same time instead of clicking on files all the time to access a second workbook

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When "attaching" documents from my OneDrive in Teams, it seems odd that it wants to upload a copy rather than link/share it in-place.

When "attaching" documents from my OneDrive in Teams, it seems odd that it wants to upload a copy rather than link/share it in-place. I would have thought it was "publish once consume many" rather than uploading another copy of the file. In the end its all SharePoint isn't it... It would be good to have both options, i.e. link to it and share with the right security privilages and upload a copy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Salesforce.com connector

The salesforce connector needs to be more useful, following an account or record is ok, but for my team I would love to see
    1) If I type an OID-123456, then drag in info about that OID
    2) If one fo the team closes a sales then auto post the win

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow chat images to be uploaded to Sharepoint

It'd be very nice if I could have my images posted on channels directly uploaded to a Sharepoint folder.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Utilize Skype for Business Style Presense

Hi Suphatra -

Just checking on this on-going known issue.

The last update I can find is from June, where you mentioned it was going through testing/validation.

Has anything changed since then?

Thanks for your on-going help getting this issue addressed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fustrated

Team is currently opened on my screen in Full screen mode. I can not minimize the screen which is VERY frustrating. It's either I close out Teams all together or I completely minimize the window which I'm not trying to do. I just want to resize the Teams window so that it is not taking up my entire screen. This is not an issue with any other Microsoft product. Please provide a fix. I do not see the "Minimize, Maximize, Close" options in the top right corner. How do I resize my Teams application window?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Home Xbox

Be able to have multiple Xboxes and no liimits

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Maybe you can consider to put last seen notification, bluetick, sent and others. You know what I mean right? Just like Whatsapp features.

It is recommended to put last seen notification, bluetick, sent and others in Teams conversation. You know what I mean right? Just like Whatsapp features.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On mobile, Go to Power BI app, rather than opening a web browser (if app is installed)

Right now opening a Power BI tab on mobile takes you to a web browser. Can it open in the power BI app if it's installed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate with the Microsoft Feedback Hub

UserVoice is meant to be used for feature requests, not bug reporting. The feedback button should be linked to the Microsoft Feedback Hub so we could attach screenshots of bugs. Most importantly this would allow enterprise admins to track all the bug submissions from their users using Windows Insider for Business.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Complete Overhaul

1. Don't try to have a touchscreen UI on desktop. Make right clicks do something useful in every situation. There are two types of touch in IPhone for some time now, so maybe don't live in the touchscreen past in a desktop interface...

2. Don't copy IPhone ultra minimal design style. I have no border for the Teams window, I don't know where it ends and the window under it starts because there is no border. Horrible. IPhone UI design is now so bad that only past experience from when it used to be good allows people to know how to use…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. down vote

Ability to down vote suggestions

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screen crop on iPad

When viewing a screen shared from other party, sometimes the screen is cropped from sides if the screen aspect ratio is not the same as the iPad

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Connector post in channel too bulky

I like the embedded notifications in a channel, I just believe they are too bulky. For certain integrations like Jira and Jenkins all a person wants is a one line notification. The timestamp of the notification in teams makes the begin and end timestamps in Jenkins notifications un-necessary. Same goes for the Status Field and remarks for Jenkins, we don't need this all fielded out. Again for a Jenkins connector a one liner with Build name, Remark and Status is all we need so it does not clutter the chat window.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I can not move the folders from one TEAM to another, only files can be moved?

I can not move the folders from one TEAM to another, only files can be moved?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uncoupling the mini-viewer during a call

I'd like to be able to uncouple the video mini-viewer from the Teams interface, so I could drag it to another monitor (and make it full-screen) while keeping the regular Teams interface open on the first monitor.

That way, I could more easily see the caller, or what he is sharing, full-screen, whilst keeping one eye on my own Teams content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you add a whiteboard function trough One note automatically for every team.

The moment one of the teammembers enter, they sometimes have to wait until everybody will be present.
    The idea is automatically, based on One note, create a kind of whiteboard, where the teamleader can already present the agenda, or an image, so that they can start automatically.
    At that moment every team has a kind of historical logbook, based on the notes made on the "whiteboard".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Title bar should be blocked by task bar

When the Task (Start) bar is docked at the top of the screen, the Title bar of the window is blocked and hidden. Unless you know the Alt+Space keyboard shortcut, it's not possible to move/max/min the window.

>> Application should detect where the task bar is docked and calculate where to move so that the task bar doesn't block it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search bar- lower case, uppercase matters in search...ruins functionality.

Search bar needs to find items w/out taking into account caps or lowercase. ex TENNIS or tennis- ruins functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base