Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Probleme mit Aufgaben/Abgaben - verspätetes abgeben ist möglich!

Hallo.
    Ich habe festgestellt, dass, wenn man eine Aufgabe für die Schüler erstellt und einstellt, dass diese Aufgabe nach der Deadline nicht bearbeitet werden darf, kann man trotzdem die Aufgabe verspätet abgeben obwohl das nicht gewollt ist...
    Bitte schnellstmöglich beheben!! Danke!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Permit formatting of the "[User] used Microsoft Flow to automate this notification"

The formatting of the "[User] used Microsoft Flow to automate this notification" note added on to any message posted by Flow Bot into teams is quite large and often overwhelms the actual message.

If it's not possible to remove this tag line, can we at least make it smaller?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pushing a file from an unrelated application into Microsoft Teams

When trying to push a file from an unrelated application into Microsoft Teams, you can only choose to insert it into a chat and not into a team channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to add outside email contacts for meetings

I have lots of meetings with outside venders and I have to add their emails to the invite every time. I would like to be able to pick from my history or maybe you can add a email box on the new contact section that will work with the invite email section. So as I type someone's name their email will come up as a choice and not just internal people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link from my Tasks in overview to specific team´s tasks.

In My Tasks page It would be useful to have link indicating wich team a tasks belong to with posibility to click on the link to access the team directly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ADDING A PLANNER TAB WHEN USING ANDROID TEAMS APP

As of today I can't add a planner tab using my android phone in TEAMS app. I should add it first using a PC for it to synchronize to my Android phone. Hope you can give TEAMS Android the capability to add Planner Tab and other extension apps. It will be very useful for us working on-site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Record in a 2 person meeting

I don't seem to be able to record a meeting when there is only 2 participants.

It would be good to do that.

Currently I have to make sure there are 3 in the meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding a main calendar for TEAMS

Adding a main calendar for TEAMS that will show all scheduled meetings, all planner task due dates in all teams and channels and etc.
    It should also synchronized in outlook calendar also.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. have one call while waiting on another

I am waiting on a call to start for 10 minutes - why can't I
    - make a separate call
    - chat with others
    while waiting for the call to begin

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My purpose in using Microsoft Team flatform is to arrange Online meetings and video conferencing in our company. 10 accounts were successful

My purpose in using Microsoft Team flatform is to arrange Online meetings and video conferencing in our company. 10 accounts were successfully added to join a meeting today but only 4 camera screens were activated. I'd love to have some help to activate all 10 camera screens? Looking forward to hearing from you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preserve or allow bookmarked views for individuals of tabs like Planner and Power BI

I would like to be able to navigate away from a tab - specifically Planner and Power BI, and have my current view preserved much like the experience of working with these apps in a web browser.

In the same thread, I would like to be able to bookmark my preferred view - such as bookmarking filters and groups of planner tasks and have this unique to the user. Similar to the functionality of SharePoint list views.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. assign multiple open shifts to one member

When assigning open shifts - it would be great to be able to select multiple at one time and assign them to one person.

Say someone is filling in all week on the 8a shift -- select them all and assign them all to the person filling in at once -- instead in selecting one shift at a time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve the embedding of Sharepoint Lists

When adding a Sharepoint List to a Tab in a Team, it puts the entire sharepoint site in a frame. It's visually akward and exposes functionality you may not want the team members to see or be distracted by. Just embed the list itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We have to go through each date to find the event. Please add listing of all the upcoming meetings.

Teams not list all the upcoming events show just 4 or 5, we have to go through each date to find the event/meeting scheduled. Please add a list view to see all the upcoming events in a single windows

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shared link URL resolution and slide preview within Conversations

When copying a link from a file within the Files tab resolve the URL, make it shorter with a clickable link (preferably the title of the saved file) and then preview it within Chat.

Having ridiculously long URLs that point to a file within Sharepoint takes up un-necessary space in a chat window forcing users to scroll back through threads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need a Teams network flow chart when connecting via VPN

It would be great you would provide a public information with Teams network flow chart when connecting via VPN on PC and mobile devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. deny request to join a team

We have a request from a random user to join a private team. I cannot seem to be able to deny the request. My only option is to Approve. How can I remove the request and possibly tell the user why he/she is not allowed to join?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add keyboard shortcut for removing the ---Last Read--- banner

Allow user to clear the Last Read banner in Chats via keystroke. It makes it very difficult to follow an ongoing conversation because the Last Read banner becomes inaccurate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. show the progress of uploads or downloads

you have no way of knowing if the file is being downloaded or stalled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. call queues - Prompt to accept queue call.

As an Admin you should be able to disable the confirm accept call prompt for queue calls. Let me provide an example so that the request is clear:
    Customer calls call queue
    Call queue rings user
    User answers the phone
    Teams then ask the user to press one to accept the call.

That is the prompt that as a Teams Admin (Voice Admin), however, the rights get setup, you should be able to disable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base