Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow updates after hours only

I'd like the app to not update itself in the middle of the day. Today I missed a Teams TAP call because Teams had closed and the organizer hadn't set a reminder on the meeting. If it had simply crashed that would be one thing but it simply closes in the background and the user isn't aware it's not running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Android app not suck so bad

Well the TEAMS Android app is horrible.

Can't upload images from camera and can't even view the Wiki.

Seriously the TEAMS app is near worthless.

Unable to view or edit the wiki. Can't upload images.

Even using a PC is a joke as you can only upload images one at a time.

Using TEAMS makes me feel like I'm using a windows phone.

Seriously one of the worst mistakes we have made for communication.

TEAMS is terrible and a waste of money

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Having Trouble Logging In **PLEASE HELP**

I don't understand why the mobile app doesn't let me log in. But yet I can log in on my surface tablet. Please help I need to be able to have the mobile app working on my phone to communicate with my team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Real time user status updates

Teams is very delayed in updating user's statuses unless you click on a chat with them. The recent/favorite chat list user statuses should be updated real-time like in Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide

I need a team channel description appear when hovering over a channel in the navigation pane. It doesn't make sense to have the same channel name appear as a popup on the same channle name as it does currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Soundscapes

Take the notifications sounds from Skype and incorporate it with the options of setting soundscape themes or custom sounds as if it were a phone system. Custom tones and such. Also let us know whenever there is a new message from a team setup or new whisper. The existing version leaves me not knowing a person I am chatting with sent me a new message. The small message that shows up in the one corner of my 4-5 monitor set-up does not help at all to keep up on the conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notificaciones

Debería tener la opción de escojer lo que queremos que nos notifiquen, porque cuando sólo notifica los taggeos a veces perdemos muchos temas importantes que debimos manejar en ese momento y por no estar Tag grados no recibimos notificación a tiempo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flexibity

The app need to be flexible for users to be able to reply a message by clicking on the message and reply like WhatsApp did

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The pop up for call still shows up after I have hung up

Hi Team,

Even after my call is completed, I still have the pop up on top of my Teams UI. I tried to close the app and restart, but it still persists.

Can you please check?

Regards,
    Ashish.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. save last channel view

This are my common facts:
    - I'm reading a documentation in just another wiki page in channel 'Documentation'.
    - Someone talk to me by private messager or in a channel.
    - I move into then in order to read it
    - When I want to recover my Documentation task, Teams redirection me to the "Documentation channel default view".

This is not good and I think you will improve this feature.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to enable persistent notifications / alerts for group conversations.

If you message someone privately via teams they will get a popup, a sound notification and the Icon will flash orange - indicating that a message has arrived.

We want the ability to be able to turn this level of notification ON for group threads.

The threads are fairly Quiet and so this will not be intrusive, it would just be WAY more helpful if when we post into a group thread everyone knew about it Right away, rather than adding a Team update and then having to send an email saying "check teams", which kinda defeats the purpose

many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When blocking a user, push notifications should also be blocked

1. Create a teams user and that user uses Teams on their mobile.

2. Imagine the mobile is compromised, so I block the user and reset their password through the Office 365 admin portal.

3. As expected, they can no longer access their Teams account.

4. Unfortunately, the mobile still continues to receive push notifications revealing potentially damaging company secrets. There is no way to resolve this until the device is remotely wiped.

This seems like a glaring security hole that the support team are saying is a designed feature(!)

Therefore it's a feature I'd really emplore you guys to change!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide ability to remove person from chat

We had a teams chat(chat and not teams/channel) for an internal team discussion. A couple of people from the chat left the organisation after a few days. However, we still see their placeholder ids being present in chat. The member count still takes in those inactive members and the chat shows their ids/names as unknown users. This confuses the users in terms of members present. Request you to please have this fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mobile app to update do not distrube setting based on outlook out of office

When I'm away and I set my out of office I would like the mobile app to update the do not disturb settings based on this. This is so I do not get calls and messages when I am on vacation. I want this to happen rather than have to go into the app and turning off all notifications for an endless time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deep linking iOS teams app to other 365 products and allow sharepoint

When I use teams on windows desktop, if I open a file for example a PowerPoint file it updates live in SharePoint.
    However on the iOS iPad app it doesn’t.

This is a key way I use teams and would be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group UserVoice ideas about Guest access for Teams into one or two threads

Guest access is critical to the success of Teams.

There is far too much duplication in UserVoice for the same ideas.

Every organisation works with external users as part of their team and many are members of existing Office organisation, so Guests should have the same functionality as Members.

With the ability for Admins to switch off functionality where not needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On minimize the main application, there should be small view of the application at the top of all apps. Just like zoom does on minimize.

On minimize the main application, there should be small view of the application at the top of all apps. Just like zoom does on minimize.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search setting for guest users in Microsoft Teams

I would like you add a specific search setting that allows below:

1. When a user performs user search, s/he is able to search users in the same tenant.

2. At mean time, when a guest user performs a search, s/he can search only guest users in the team (or Office 365 group) which s/he is belonging to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)