Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. include a live count of participants when the event is on

Currently, you can only download the number of participants when the event is over. would be great if we can see the count during the event itself

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Join Now from mobile app

Would be great to have a quick join now option from mobile app... Launch a meeting and have a copy meeting address option where I could paste in a quick text or email to a recipient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track Changes in MS Teams

Allow to review a Word document in Teams without Markup. It is very difficult to read a marked up document if you can't do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The option to select from a range of images via the camera background blur feature

I just want to say THANKYOU :)
    I love the newly added feature in MS Teams online meetings allowing the user to select an image from the "background camera blur" option. Brilliant idea and works really well. Great selection of images too. One idea is you could increase the number of images but Theme them for users to drill into. Either way the feature is a great option. Thanks again!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Display Name format at User level

Would be great if there was an options in the settings to give the preference of how you want people to be displayed throughout Teams. Our configuration is currently Last, First. Creating a lot of formality in the platform. The option to switch the views should rest at a user level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tardas media hora en entrar, por todos lados hay problemas, las contraseñas que fucionan en todos lados aquí no😠. Mejorad esta aplicación.

No hay sugerencias que consigan mejorar esta aplicacion. Esto si que es una pandemia de la que deberíamos estar confinados

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enklere å kopiere tekst og filer mellom forskjellige teams

I dag kan jeg kopiere tekst men filer må lastes ned og det er ikke lett å overføre informasjonen mellom flere teams. Det burde være som med mail at både tekst og innhold kan videresendes slik det er mellom teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Queue a message to a busy or presenting user

I don't want to disturb a user who is set to busy or presenting but want to send them a message.

Instead of waiting till they are set to available to send my message, I would like to send my message now and have it queued up. They won't get a notification of my message until they change their status to available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Applying some strict Scheduled Meetings Settings

The current scheduling of a meeting in Teams has two major downfalls:

1- The date and time specified in the settings are no more than a mere caption while having the "Ending Time" as such is not an issue, however, the "Starting Time" must be strict in the sense of that meeting cannot be started unless it is due, or like 5 minutes prior or so.

2- Attendees can join without having the organizer even being present. This should not be the case.

A good example of how the current settings are bad is when a meeting is scheduled from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scheduling Teams meetings in Outlook

Hi there

Our educators are used to using Outlook to schedule meetings with staff and learners.
    Since we've all adopted Teams, they still want to be able to schedule Team meetings using Outlook.
    In the Outlook Calendar there is a "New Teams Meeting" feature which we're using but the following is an issue,
    Unable to select the Office 365 group (Team) as a Required recipient.
    Work-around is to get the email address of the General Channel that belongs to the Team they are trying to schedule with.

The issue with this is that the new meeting then arrives as an…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I should be able to let people know I will BRB during a Teams meeting using a flag rather than a disruptive comment in meetings chat.

This is similar to Zoom where I can raise my hand without disrupting the flow of the conversation. would consider this less of priority but something that is a nice to have on the roadmap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Login account selection challenge when clicking meeting invite

When clicking on a meeting invite it automatically launches the app in whatever account is currently logged in. It would be good if it asked which account you wanted to join with as we all have two accounts. You can get there by being denied, logging out and then reclicking meeting invite but would be a better user experince to be challenged with which account you want to enter meeting on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CALL WAITING/MESSAGE DURING TEAMS MEETING

Please add a facility, so that during a Teams meeting, if another call comes, the ringing sound can be silenced and a message can be sent to the caller without disconnecting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edit Display Name for Members and Guests

It would be nice to have the ability to change the display name of guests and members to the team. At the moment our members show as their last name, first name and guests are there email addresses. We are leveraging teams for COVID Response programs and this view makes matters messy!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic chat for each team

I propose that when a team is created, it also automatically creates a chat placed in the channel tabs and where all the guests in the team participate in order to exchange instant messages between people from the same team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A teacher needs a video deleted and it failed to upload to Stream so he can’t delete it there. It now appears in his team (team name below a

A teacher needs a video deleted and it failed to upload to Stream so he can’t delete it there. It now appears in his team (team name below along with a screenshot o the meeting post in the general channel. He is unable to delete the video and has had to remove students from his team because the video contains private information. Is there anyway that you can delete the video?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please, please, please create a "Brady Bunch" view. By this I mean we want to see more than 4 participants at once.

We need to be able to see everyone in the meeting at the same time, and that is usually more than 4 boxes on the screen at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow GCC High users to join Teams meetings via the application

Currently GCC High users cannot join via the App meetings hosted on the Office 365 Public cloud and users in the Office 365 Public cloud cannot join via the app to meetings hosted in the Office 365 GCC High cloud. This makes meetings very hard to hold as the web version does not allow for as much functionality as the application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base