Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for sharing with Microsoft To-Do

Having all MS applications; Office 365, I expect them to share data easily between them.

Today if I use the Microsoft To-Do application and choose Share, Microsoft Teams is not a support application. Granted I can copy & paste, but integration between the two apps is expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reply to most recent conversation by default or improve Team chat UX

We've been using Teams for a bit now, and especially new users, but also for more experienced users, the most prominent feature in the Team Conversations lists:

"Start a new conversation. Type @ to mention someone"

Is not what they actually want to do, instead users usually want to reply to the most recent conversation, but end up creating a new thread

Exacerbating the issue is that in the direct chat view, conversations do not exist, so this just creates confusion, since the conversations naturally do not retain order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option for first name only when you @ other users

As Teams is primarily informal, when you @ someone anywhere, instead of "Doe, John" it would look more natural if you only view the first name, like "John".

You could make this a selection feature, for example if you type @Joh and then select "Doe, John" from the name selection list and confirm with Shift-enter you get the first name only; or if first name only would be default, you get the full name with Shift-enter.

I end up deleting the surname most of the time because, "Hey John, Mary, Luke and Harry check this out: link" looks way better…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Navigate between tabs when one is expanded (desktop client)

We need a way to navigate between tabs when they're expanded. Collapsing them just to switch between tabs is annoying. Perhaps show a clickable list of tabs in the expanded tab, or provide a command to move between tabs or just a tab forward/back button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warning Developers! DO NOT copy a code from a message.

If you try to copy code sent to you via a teams message and paste it in your code editor, it might break your project. Teams changes the text encoding so letters are not really letters. You MUST use a code snippet for code sharing. Just one more huge flaw of this app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add new task under current task in bucket (in Planner tab), so not above

We are using the planner app in Microsoft Teams, an ideal way to create scrum boards for projects.

When adding a new task in a bucket, the task is always placed ABOVE current tasks. We want new tasks placed UNDER current tasks.

In our case, older tasks have a higher priority. it would be verry helpful when we can adjust the behaviour of adding a new task somewhere in the app settings. It make sense that tasks are order chronologically based on the date added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Settings

Mangler mulighet for ekstern ringelyd når en bruker hodetelefoner.
    Denne muligheten hadde Skype for business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. By removing it from the universe.

Just destroy it. Teams is absolutely useless, it needs to be scrapped or re-developed properly, as it's just an utter **** to use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preview Excel Files with Date Columns on iOS

If i preview an Excel Sheet on my Mobile Apple Device the Date Columns are shown as Integer.

If i open the same File with the Browser on that Device the dates are shown correctly, also on Android and Windows Machines it works.

Maybe a Bug in the iOS App?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. silent incoming call

Ability to Silent incoming call just like in SFB

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manage how to open the OneNote tab in Teams

I would like to have an option to customize the default page or section lists to be shown when opening the OneNote tab in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show the conversation history when adding someone in the one-on-one call

I would like you to implement a feature to preserve conversation history even when adding someone else in the existing one-on-one thread, because inviting other people in the thread currently creates another thread to start a brand-new conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Configure channels to be chat rooms

Add a configuration which allows removing conversations from channels on a channel-by-channel basis. Users that don’t respond directly to a conversation only create confusion and is disruptive to the flow of chatting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock the Left Side Menu Bar or Remove it!!!

Every time one of my teammates shares their screen with and I try to access items on the left side for the screen the little menu bar unhides itself and get in the wasy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Promoting Chats

It would be very useful to be able to 'promote' a chat to a conversation in a team channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. recording not saved

The meeting recording feature can't be counted on and is frustrating. We recorded a meeting and it hasn't saved and become available to us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Want to make an individual setting for users who dial-in a meeting via Meeting settings from Microsoft Teams admin center

I would like you to provide a setting to manage users who dial-in by telephone to be able to join via Meeting settings from Microsoft Teams admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Release the limit of maximum numbers of characters in a message

I would like you to release the limit of maximum numbers of characters which can be typed a single message box. Current limitation bothers me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. (Audio and Video button) is not showing up in Huawei and Vivo phones

Find out the permissions which prevent Teams calling functions from working on Huawei and other Android phones. Otherwise, most of Android users will not be able to use Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base