Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Keyword List

I'd like to be able to add Keywords from a list to a conversation, document etc. For example we post meeting notes in a PDF, and then notify staff to their location with a link, but it's hard to know what's IN the PDF, so we add headings from the PDF at the bottom of the post so that it becomes searchable. I just don't want to type them in every time, so it would be nice to choose them from a list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications

Do not notify user on mobile (android) app if the message has already been read on desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Greater clarity or cleanliness and meetings

I believe that the section "activity" is a cumbersome and unclear area. On the other hand it would be nice if you could create a meeting from the mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easier view all

Make it easier to view and find all posts and messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Proffessional Newsfeed

Hi

I really miss a professional newsfeed in teams.
    I know we can create a newsfeed from the sharepoint teamsite. But it aint really fitting into Teams that good.

A newsfeed should have options of showing several news in a more compact manner. Also, news need to have an enddate so only those that are relevant are showing for your employees.

The chat/conversation is not replacing the need of a newsfeed since it is not very compact and it is hard to get a quick overview if you have anything new to read. Specially in teams where all members are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WebDav

We have an enterprise Web App that implements WebDAV to access Office documents. Whenever Microsoft Teams is running, opening a document takes an extra 30 seconds or so. Whenever we quick Teams, this problem goes away. How can we trouble shoot this issue. Our App has been around for over a decade and we've never run into this problem before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow links to team tabs in other tenancy sites where you have guest access

I have guest access to a number of Teams in different tenancies. Rather than having to switch accounts in the Desktop app to view different teams, it would be useful to be able to monitor teams using a tab in my own tenancy Teams with a link to the web address of tabs in channels in another tenancy where I am a guest in teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: Mobile and Desktop Presence and incoming call

If I am signed in on my Android Phone and my Laptop and someones uses Teams to initiate a call it will ring both devices, which is great, but if I answer on the Laptop it keeps ringing on the Phone and will not join the call via the Laptop. If I pick up via the phone too and then hang up the Laptop call with finish connecting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a mini mail client

Teams is becoming my go to productivity tool. I would like to see an integration of an email app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Button to Refresh this Form after Submitting Idea

After submitting an idea within this form, my idea is displayed and there is no way to refresh to get back to this form again. Adding a refresh button (could be "Return to Input Form", "Add New Idea"...). I had to click onto another tab, then click back on the User Voice tab to get back to the input form.

What is this form called? User Idea, Issue Report... I would call it an Issue Report, then it is validated for the Issue Type (pick List text box above this text box) i.e. is it truly a bug (software defect),…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vote Button on User Voice Form

When I click on the vote button, it ask me to enter my Email address. This should automatically populate the email with the users logged in email address verses manually inputting the email address.

Also there is a text box under this text box for entering an email and it is also a manual entry of the email address; should be automatically pulled from user login, yet could allow over write capability. Not sure what this does? Is this required for a purpose, or can the text box be removed? It required me to input my email before I could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fatal error on launch

I just got a new laptop. I installed Teams on it, and it was working fine yesterday, but today the app crashes whenever I try to launch it. What is going on?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications

Messesage should appear chronological in on in one place not all over the app makes it difficult to keep up to date with info being shared also the notifications don’t always work means messages are missed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit Ability with This Form

Currently I am not seeing an ability to be able to edit this User Voice Post. Can you add the capability to enable an edit function for User Voice Submitted item post?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. documents

If you are on the "Files Section" there should be a easy way to get to the storage Location to be able to comment the file there. At the Moment I can "only" start editing the file itself but I'm not coming to the channel where the file is stored.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. quit crashing, or auto updating, or whatever it's doing that pulls the focus away from the application that I'm using.

It's a background messaging app. If I'm typing in another window, and your app interrupts that, you've failed.
    I'm going to delete it, run teams in a browser window. At least that way your app cannot make my workday more difficult.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.