Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subjects in Ping windows

On Skype when you IM someone from an Outlook email/calendar invite, it shows the topic at the top of the window. It would be great if we had a similar option for Teams. It needn't be at the top of the window as the interface is different, but perhaps just directly above the ping, in bold?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Update for OSX Catalina

Need an update for Teams that is compatible with OSX Catalina. I'm running Catalina Beta 4 and Teams allows me to share my screen but when I do it only shows participants my screen saver not the content or apps that I have open. Further more it only allows me to share Powerpoint as an app option in the sharing options screen. Where is availability to share Word, Excel and so forth??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel online does not have all the functionality required to do my job.

Yesterday I could open my Excel files from Teams. Today I have to view in a browser. Nope, no way, not happy! Excel online does not work the way I need it to, it does not have all the functionality, this is maddening. What the heck is going on, please God no! Please allow me to open in Excel or we will be taking our next big project somewhere else. If you're going to make it online at least make it be able to do everything the same. Can't enter formulas for conditional formula, says I can't drag cells over,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel Daily Tasks

Hey Guys, would you like to install an Excel Trainer for everyday tasks? Would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Introduce a concept for the user that creates their own personal team that behaves like a regular team

Introduce a concept for the user that creates their own personal team that behaves like a regular team. The intent would be to serve as a springboard of personal ideas to feed the other teams that have membership with other users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Refresh of the program

When is the program launched sooner than wi-fi connection it gets an error and you need to manully restart the Teams application to connect. It would be good if the application could restart/refresh itself every minute or something like that. This is not a problem in Skype. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add options related to external users in Teams

I would like you to add the following options related to external users.
    ・ To restrict internal users in our tenant who can invite external users
    ・ To restrict internal users in our tenant who can communicate with external users
    ・ To check which external users are communicating with internal users in our tenant by using admin center

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Transform a chat in a teams channel

We have started a chat on a subjet and the subject grows up and we create a teams now to add more interactions.
    Could it be possible to transform a chat to a channel from a teams group?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Error in displaying OneNote Tab in Teams 2016 client

New error starting July 25, 2019 - Teams client will not display existing OneNote tabs. These are in several different Teams that have existed and worked fine for months now and suddenly have stopped working (just get blank screen). Have to open in One Note client/web or go to Teams web client. This is not acceptable to require a change in user behaviors. Please fix ASAP!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Favorites Section that combines all other things

Finding things is hard in Teams. Even finding your favorite Teams is hard. This encourages people to use Chat over Teams. Private Chats don't have all the cool features and they are exclusive.

I want to be able to favorite anything in teams and have it be available in one spot. Favorites would be a sibling to Activity, Chat, Teams, Files, ...

Allow us to favorite anything, then put it in one place to find again. Encourage using the right place instead of the easy place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let the user suppress the phone number for outgoing calls

It is confusing for external people if I call them with unknown numbers. In order to test calling functionality, it should be able to suppress the outgoing number. It's better to show no number than a number, that won't exist anymore when we finished testing. The formerly called person would be confused when he uses the number to call back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Planner scrolls poorly on PC in teams

Planner when viewed in teams does not scroll left and right if it is wider than the screen on a PC with a mouse. Up and down scroll does work but no way to move left or right unless mouse wheel click and push right. Not very user friendly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to offer a Shift to their entire group

If a user is unable to work a shift and needs someone from their group to cover for them, they should be able to offer the shift to all users in their group. There is already functionality for offering to multiple users, but in a group with 20+ people it becomes a bit unwieldy to select everybody.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow edit of posts, but keep a log

I have found that come companies remove the ability to edit your own post. This is typically done for HR reasons. For example, someone posted something inappropriate and then later modifies it or deletes it.

It would be nice if allow editing can be turned on but provide a means to see a history of edits. This could be an admin function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Member within Shifts

Enable user in Shifts to hover over listed member & get phone #\call, chat or email same way (hover over) as inside team channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When the users share their screen, many of the host PC functionalitiers and applications just stop working. For both host and viewer.

When the users share their screen, many of the host PC functionalitiers and applications just stop working. For both host and viewer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. berichten gepland plaatsen

Dag,

Zou er een mogelijkheid kunnen komen dat je berichten gepland kan plaatsten?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to add time off to other users shift in the mobile app

I would like to be able to add Time Off and assign it to a user within the mobile app. Currently it only lets you request time off for yourself. When staff call in Sick or take a holiday i want to be able to make the change whilst on the move.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alphabetical bar/customised search through teams channels on the side bar

When you have a large list of channels and alphabetical bar to select a letter to filter by or a separate search bar for the channels

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base